• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Rd 4

Sale looking like they have a point to prove tonight after last week. Alot of physicality

Considering the kick, it was a poor chase by Sale. They got something out of it, but shouldn't be giving the defender that much time.

Grown into this game a lot, looked gopping early on but after the rain washed away the stink of last week we've started to look more comfortable

11 point swing there.

Bailey times out his penalty kick, Schreuder thinks the ball is out of the resulting scrum, Northampton try (great line by Pearson) off the resulting ineout.

You just can't afford to compound mistakes like that!

Well thats it Sarries are back, congratulations on winning the prem again ;)

Great run by TdT, from well inside his own half.
Conversion to level...

First half at Franklin's is scrappy as hell.

Neither really able to apply much pressure, in attack or defence. A couple of good plays apiece leading to a couple of tries apiece, but... only that last try of the half looks like it's actually made (by thing an extra defender into the ruck, creating an overlap wide).
Rather unusually, all 4 tries started well outside the 22. Bath once put a few phases together inside Saints' 22 before spoiling the ball, but that's been the only real threat posed by either side.

Bath especially are finding new and interesting ways of committing offences - plus side of that, I guess, is that were still a way off a card for persistent offending.

Beyond that, Saints probably a bit stronger up front, Bath doing a bit better a bit wider. Game is just waiting for someone to take control, go out, and win the thing - Suspect Spencer off the bench might be key from my Bath bias.

Last edited:
Bath especially are finding new and interesting ways of committing offences - plus side of that, I guess, is that were still a way off a card for persistent offending.
Including scrum offences (wheeling) committed after te ball has been taken out and run with :s

Must admit, I'd always thought that was a reset, rather than a penalty anyway, even with the ball still in there.

Maybe I'm just showng up how much I don't know about scrummaging i

That's not a pretty picture.

Not exactly falling, but certainly a late change of direction. Definite card, probable red last year. Penalty only post RWC

No matter how many back we throw into the maul, we're bad at mauling.
Though I've no idea how you can through the middle of a maul whilst not chnging your bind, but that's definitely a matter of my ignorance.

Latest posts