• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Semi-Finals

I hope Sale wins.

0W942KCr-6DjroiXF.png

How much attendance do u expect for the grand final at Twickenham stadium? Maybe 50k? 60k?

Yes indeed. Not the best supported clubs.

I think about 55,000 people at Twickenham for the final. I hope it is a sell out but I don't see it.
What was the biggest crowd at Grand Finals in recent seasons?

What was the biggest crowd at Grand Finals in recent seasons?
2022 : 72,784
2021 : 10,000 (Partial lockdown)
2020 : Closed doors
2019 : 75,329
2018 : 75,128
2017 : 79,657

I see no reason why this year would be anything less than 70,000. I suspect they'll have sold 60-70k before even knowing who the finalists would be.

2022 : 72,784
2021 : 10,000 (Partial lockdown)
2020 : Closed doors
2019 : 75,329
2018 : 75,128
2017 : 79,657

I see no reason why this year would be anything less than 70,000. I suspect they'll have sold 60-70k before even knowing who the finalists would be.
Yes we've sold 65k! As long as Sarries aren't in the final we'll add an extra 5k from each of the two finalists...oh bugger. Only 5012 extra fans.

I think it'll definitely be on the lower side of attendance (prices have put me off - £80-95 for a non-terrible seat, plus travel, is way too rich for my tastes), but a lot of those blue blocks are 1-5% free, it's mainly the corners that have lots of availability

I think it'll definitely be on the lower side of attendance (prices have put me off - £80-95 for a non-terrible seat, plus travel, is way too rich for my tastes), but a lot of those blue blocks are 1-5% free, it's mainly the corners that have lots of availability
Can't see it as a one off for Sale either, never can tell but they have a pretty young squad with good buy in and a lot of local lads, I maybe being hasty but can see it being a 3 way shoot out between Tigers, Sale & Sarries for a good few years, not dissimilar to Exe and Sarries, with Wasps best of the wrest for a good period.

Wow that is costly for the final like European finals don't even go that high.
In comparison for the URC Final in South Africa the dearest ticket is €19 and cheapest is €3.

You'd think after they year they had with teams and financial struggles RFU would be lowering prices a bit.
Those prices effectively eliminate families etc.

In comparison for the URC Final in South Africa the dearest ticket is €19 and cheapest is €3.

You'd think after they year they had with teams and financial struggles RFU would be lowering prices a bit.
RFU so heavily in debt and the stadium costs so much to run that they need these prices just to break even. Maybe they should copy the URC and have it at team stadiums based on where they finish.

Yeah, I think the cheapest adult seat is £35, and that's in the nosebleeds in a back corner where you're going to need binoculars to see anything going on

I did strongly consider it but with travel n that it's going to be >£200, easy, for the afternoon

I do wonder if they'll smash out a bunch of discounted tickets on Groupon or whatever next week

I used to go with a bunch of lads every year but it just got more and more expensive and the rugby wasn't really that good with the tigers/ Sarries era.

They used to do deals but we used to pay around £20 to be in the gods.

Yeah, I think the cheapest adult seat is £35, and that's in the nosebleeds in a back corner where you're going to need binoculars to see anything going on

I did strongly consider it but with travel n that it's going to be >£200, easy, for the afternoon

I do wonder if they'll smash out a bunch of discounted tickets on Groupon or whatever next week
You'd think they'd have deals like take Munster vs Leinster the weekend.
I know posh seats were €65 or so. Like but down below was €30/€35 with some sections as low as €10 where right in corners. Logic was to get as good an atmosphere and well they did it. I know it was easy with the game but even pre game I remember thinking wow this is really big time different from usual stuff last few years.

Like as you say when you factor in travel and a few pints (which I presume is what £5/£6?) it is crazy.
Like needs to be a balance with promoting game too.

You'd think they'd have deals like take Munster vs Leinster the weekend.
I know posh seats were €65 or so. Like but down below was €30/€35 with some sections as low as €10 where right in corners. Logic was to get as good an atmosphere and well they did it. I know it was easy with the game but even pre game I remember thinking wow this is really big time different from usual stuff last few years.

Like as you say when you factor in travel and a few pints (which I presume is what £5/£6?) it is crazy.
Like needs to be a balance with promoting game too.
If sales are very poor they will surely slash alot to try and get it in but 2 issues there is.
1. If it is nose bleeds that are slashed then it spreads out the crowd and could be a poor atmosphere with higher costs as security etc still needed everywhere despite nowhere been full.
2. Slash lower tier tickets and people who bough ta higher price will be ******

Latest posts