• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Semi-Finals

Brutal kicking from JvP and Atkinson,
I know it's a semi but I feel for them, they'll be replaying them in their heads all summer if they lose this

Fit Pollard I think Tigers might have won this one

Don't see either troubling Sarries in any case sadly.

Especially if sale miss DDP and Curry

Absolutely over the moon to make the final,

Gonna be a game too far with all these injuries (looks like we'll be missing 5 starters in the pack) but just to make it is absolutely huge

Great Semi final from the neutral stand point, can't really argue with the outcome in many ways feel like Barns was far to lenient on Leicester in the last 10 of the first half and should probably have gone down to 13, not to mention they have been the stronger over the season, always like it when the top two enter the final.

I reckon if it wasn't a world cup year Roebuck and Carpenter would be in with a good chance of touring with England this summer, both had very good seasons - especially Carpenter

Don't think Borthwick would bring in players so green to a rwc camp though

Edit: Gus as well, for that matter

I reckon if it wasn't a world cup year Roebuck and Carpenter would be in with a good chance of touring with England this summer, both had very good seasons - especially Carpenter

Not unless they played for Leicester.

Not unless they played for Leicester.
I understand that mentality for the short term, it's easier to fast track players you know and have worked with, just not sensible long term, the worry is England are too heavily involved with Leicesters game plan which they are missing a few huge ball players to get success against top teams.

Edit: Gus as well, for that matter

Roebuck will get capped by Scotland I reckon

Carpenter is a maybe tbh his trouble is he plays nowhere else and with Watson don't see Borthwick picking another out and out 15

Warr has the best chance imo

Yeah that's my thoughts on Carpenter too,

Roebuck's turned down Scotland twice, but probably just a matter of time until he decides to go for them if he's not gonna make it there for England - though with EQP quotas I think we'll see fewer players declaring for foreign sides unless they're going to get a decent amount of caps - I could see him getting a cap during the warmups but realistically their South Africans have the wings tied up for the next few years at least - and as soon as they loose their EQP status it's a black mark against them

Yeah that's my thoughts on Carpenter too,

Roebuck's turned down Scotland twice, but probably just a matter of time until he decides to go for them if he's not gonna make it there for England - though with EQP quotas I think we'll see fewer players declaring for foreign sides unless they're going to get a decent amount of caps - I could see him getting a cap during the warmups but realistically their South Africans have the wings tied up for the next few years at least - and as soon as they loose their EQP status it's a black mark against them
I would hope Borthwick has had conversations with younger, fringe players like Roebuck to let him know where he stands. Wouldn't hurt to say, sorry but it won't happen before the world cup, but keep playing like this and you'll definitely be in the picture post world cup.

I really like Roebuck. I think his style of play (ie. high work rate, good kick chase, etc.) would translate pretty seamlessly to international rugby because he doesn't rely so much on being athletically superior to his opposite number, like OHC for example.

Latest posts