• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro 12 Round 21

I wouldn't single out Trimble, you could make an argument that it was the right decision to shoot out but it just didn't come off. His defense if usually pretty decent.
I was quite disappointed with the overall defensive structure - it was incredible for the first part of the season, in particular the 25-0 win against Connacht. Seems to have dipped somewhat, but we still haven't lost anything in terms of attack.

How often does he get running opportunities like that for Ireland? Mostly he gets to defend and take crash ball. Even then, his last run for Ireland saw 2 tries in 5 games. It looks like Ireland don't trust Trimble to have a go, and that Trimble recognises he isn't trusted and it affects his confidence.
This may be the exact reason and it is pity as I say I hate him for Ireland and maybe that damage will be irreversible but in an Ulster jersey he has been superb. People can go on about Gilroy and Bowe having that something special but Trimble holds his spot as he isn't too shabby himself and is the most consistent of the 3

So it's very likely that the 4 teams into the play-offs are Ulster, Glasgow, Leinster and Scarlets. I think it's only the Scarlets that are incapable of finishing in the top 2 to get a home Semi.

That will be the top 4 and it's a shame because the Scarlets won't do anything in the play-offs.

That will be the top 4 and it's a shame because the Scarlets won't do anything in the play-offs.

They could do something against Glasgow, maybe. But I'd expect them to be blown off the park by Ulster or Leinster.

I think the big hope for tournament officials and big money hope will be Ulster Leinster in RDS

They could do something against Glasgow, maybe. But I'd expect them to be blown off the park by Ulster or Leinster.
Can't see it myself. I maintain the only reason they dealt with Glasgow last week was because they didn't want us to make the play-offs. We saw the real Glasgow last night.

Glasgow aren't to be taken lightly by any means. They're a good side. You don't get to the playoffs two years running by accident.

Glasgow aren't to be taken lightly by any means. They're a good side. You don't get to the playoffs two years running by accident.

Certainly. But from a Scarlets perspective I wouldn't fear their pack as much as I would Leinsters or Ulsters, and as long as the Scarlets aren't heavily beaten up front they will have a shot with the likes of Jon Davies and North behind. Glasgow play quite a high risk offloading game, which could backfire on them in a one-off game. They were lucky not to have at least two of their try's disallowed last night for forward passes.

It's almost certain that the Scarlets will finish in 4th, in which case they'll play the winners. That's looking likely to be Ulster I believe. In which case, I think the Scarlets pack will struggle and they will be unable to get a foothold in the game.

I'd then back Leinster to beat Glasgow, although if Glasgow get a home semi it could be close.

Well, at least RTÉ aren't shying away from the Paul O'Connell incident.

[Incidentally - see what i did there :cool: - what is the band-song of the RTÉ pro12 music?]

Oh God Tom Denton scoring a try.

EDIT: O'Driscoll playing class.

Sexton does very well to break and set up McFadden for a try.

Bonus point before halftime?

Last edited:
Great try by Sinotti.

Surely McGrath was ok there? If the ball was out it shouldn't matter if he's on one knee.

Great try by Sinoti.

Surely McGrath was ok there? If the ball was out it shouldn't matter if he's on one knee.

In terms of pure excitement when he gets the ball he is one of the best about. He is available at the end of the season with the FIR run Zebre deciding to basically do away with foreign players (Halangahu also being cut) and I hope he finds a better team.

I feel sorry for Bent, he's been treated like **** by Kidney and the IRFU.

How exactly?

Being drafted into win an international cap from being a fringe squad player in Super Rugby and doing nothing whatsoever for your province seems quite generous treatment.

In terms of pure excitement when he gets the ball he is one of the best about. He is available at the end of the season with the FIR run Zebre deciding to basically do away with foreign players (Halangahu also being cut) and I hope he finds a better team.

Yeah love watching him play hope someone decent picks him up.

That's really poor, terrible attempt by McLaughlin there but genral play's been crap last few minutes.

17-17 halftime.

Latest posts