• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro D2

Have announced they are in Pro2.....

Biarritz may have announced they are in but the Commision certainly have not yet

[h=2]PRO D2 - Biarritz, Bourgoin et Narbonne, rétrogradés de Pro D2 en Fédérale 1 pour raisons financières, seront auditionnés le 6 juillet par la Commission d'appel de la Fédération française de rugby (FFR), à Marcoussis (Essonne), a-t-on appris ce jeudi de source fédérale.[/h] Les trois clubs, bastions historiques du rugby français, avaient fait appel de leur relégation administrative le 27 mai en Fédérale 1 (3e division) par la DNACG, le gendarme financier de la Ligue et de la Fédération.

Hard to think 10 years ago they were in the Heineken Cup final

Yeah, now remind me who they played in that final in Cardiff! I was there, but for the life of me, I can't remember who the oppo was!
Irish, weren't they?

Yeah, now remind me who they played in that final in Cardiff! I was there, but for the life of me, I can't remember who the oppo was!
Irish, weren't they?

Oh I could say Munster and float. But my point is more so the fall of 1 of the most passionate French teams I've visited.

Oh I could say Munster and float. But my point is more so the fall of 1 of the most passionate French teams I've visited.

I was there too......only one of 26 in a corporate suite not supporting some Irish team!!

Just another team who are paying the price of resting in the Amateur era, and not getting on the pro bandwagon. Of course it's a shame but a large proportion of the blame has to go on budda Blanco and his ways of running the club, "Copinage". comes to mind

Ahh, t'would be a sad day for rugby if Biarritz are no longer in the top flight of French rugby.
But, we are led to believe that they'll still be in ProD2 next season. We await the 6th of July for confirmation - and also the fate of Narbonne and Bourgoin.

Ahh, t'would be a sad day for rugby if Biarritz are no longer in the top flight of French rugby.
But, we are led to believe that they'll still be in ProD2 next season. We await the 6th of July for confirmation - and also the fate of Narbonne and Bourgoin.

It's not such a bad thing to go down to Fed 1 this will give them the chance to reorganise ready for promotion back into the Pro D2, they have been dicing with relegation for the last season, there is too much chaff around Biarritz they need to get themselved cleaned up, re-organised structurally, and financially, a season or 2 in Fed 1 will give them that chance, this is difficult to do while playing Pro D2 rugby.

It's not such a bad thing to go down to Fed 1 this will give them the chance to reorganise ready for promotion back into the Pro D2, they have been dicing with relegation for the last season, there is too much chaff around Biarritz they need to get themselved cleaned up, re-organised structurally, and financially, a season or 2 in Fed 1 will give them that chance, this is difficult to do while playing Pro D2 rugby.

You are right in all that you say but as long as Budda has any input it will be a load of ****** whichever division they are in!

Biarritz may have announced they are in but the Commision certainly have not yet

[h=2]PRO D2 - Biarritz, Bourgoin et Narbonne, rétrogradés de Pro D2 en Fédérale 1 pour raisons financières, seront auditionnés le 6 juillet par la Commission d'appel de la Fédération française de rugby (FFR), à Marcoussis (Essonne), a-t-on appris ce jeudi de source fédérale.[/h] Les trois clubs, bastions historiques du rugby français, avaient fait appel de leur relégation administrative le 27 mai en Fédérale 1 (3e division) par la DNACG, le gendarme financier de la Ligue et de la Fédération.

Today is the day!!

Biarritz confident as in inviting sponsors and members to meet the team that will be defending the colors in Pro2 this season!!!

The announcements of Biarritz of some two weeks ago proved correct and BO will not be relegated for all those of little faith.........!!!

Narbonne also stay up, but Bourgoin have to wait till friday for their verdict, maybe this will be a lesson to learn for these clubs and get their finances and structures professional as in the professional league they are playing in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean find a sugar daddy?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean find a sugar daddy?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO they already tried that and look what happened, there are plenty of good sponsors out there, take Pau for example they are doing fine financially well for the moment!!!Everything Biarritz did was in house with in house people or ex players, and it seldom works too many people looking after their own interests instead of the club's, it nearly happened in Montpellier 5/6yrs ago and we were that close to going down because of budgets problems with the DNACG boys.

Last edited:
It was a joke my friend!!

You know my views on the management personnel and structure at BO!!

now the turn of Bourgoin to survive the wrath of the DNACG, so everything stays as it was in the Pro D2, so lots of hot air for not a lot, keeps all the boys who shift papers from box to box then back to original box busy, oh to be a French paper mover, "job for life"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now the turn of Bourgoin to survive the wrath of the DNACG, so everything stays as it was in the Pro D2, so lots of hot air for not a lot, keeps all the boys who shift papers from box to box then back to original box busy, oh to be a French paper mover, "job for life"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like the thousands and thousands who are "employed" by the EU!!!!

exactly!!!!!!!! but there will be a few on the side of Blighty who will not be moving papers in the not too distant future!!!!!!!!!!!! i suppose they could always come to France, great prospects for paper movers here!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course decent competitive rugby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I just say.......ALLEZ BEZIERS!!!

Great result today, giving Agen a bit of a tonking. Another tough one up next in the Oyo men.

Latest posts