• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Now Out!!

N

NZL Fan

Continue talking about the best soccer game on the market today!!

(Please keep to topic)

I assume you mean Pro Evo 5? Decided to take the liberty of editing the ***le.

Whoops
<

Officially out today I think in europe (though some have got it early)- anybody got any initial thoughts/gameplay experiences??

just went and bought top spin @ EB pitt st sydney
and they had PES5 on the LCD's
i enquired when i am getting my pre-order
next week the chap says
why is it on the LCD's then
thats a demo, do u want one

WOOT WOOT WOOT
<

Got the demo
Got the weekend - althought i have cricket, i am rain dancing

Top Spin, PES5 (demo), Cox Plate racing = SUPER SATURDAY

WOOT
<

For the first time since the ISS/Pro Evo series began, I will have to take a back seat and listen to what other people think of PES5, because my PS2 is still not working, and I can't afford to get it fixed. I shall watch, listen, wait and read, biding my time. From what I hear, we're all in for a big shock when we get playing it.

I'm not that much of a football fan so I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to games outside of Fifa, I mean I heard this series craps all over the fifa games but what exactly makes it "the bees knees"?

also that carlos spencers cock eye above me is really irritating me
<
<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 21 2005, 09:13 PM
For the first time since the ISS/Pro Evo series began, I will have to take a back seat and listen to what other people think of PES5, because my PS2 is still not working, and I can't afford to get it fixed. I shall watch, listen, wait and read, biding my time. From what I hear, we're all in for a big shock when we get playing it.
You think that's agonizing... I'm sitting at work knowing it's sitting on my doormat! It is a real difference (from playing the PC demo), but I personally really like what I've seen so far. Will post first impressions on here when I get home and have a bit of a go...

I'l give you 2 days, I imagine (if anything to go by when Rugby 2005 was released) You won't come of the damned thing for a few days
<

oh, are we talking about PE5??

I'l give you 5 mins then...
<

Well I managed to sneak off early, so just had about an hour of gameplay on xbox PES5... Here are some first impressions:

Graphics:
No radical overhaul but it didn't really need them, it's all a little bit more crisp and it's very, very smooth - no slowdown at all as yet. A lot of very good player likenesses but not had too much of a look at everyone yet. Licensed kits look very good, unlicensed ones made to look a bit plain when next to them, but I'm going to download an option file to fix thet as soon as one is released...

Sound:
Again, only an hour so not much of a chance to find out, but noticed a few club-specific songs which is always a nice touch. Atmospheric as usual and not bored of the commentary...yet

Gameplay:
The bit you've all been waiting for! As you may have heard it's really 'different' this year. My first observation was that it's a lot slower than last year, but that actually works very well - it feels that little bit more solid and like you're actually controlling a real person. This is added to by the player collisions and contact which all feel very good, especially when conteasting a header etc (as a side note, I found heading very frustrating in PES 4 and often lost out to much smaller guys - this has really improved and now who you are controlling has a real bearing on it). The ball physics have also had a slight tweak, and having played the PC demo for a while, i now really appreciate the improvement of this - crosses whip in a little more realistically and delicate through balls can really spin right into the path of an attacker, it all feels very real.

I found last year's game felt a little too 'slick' but the slight slowdown in pace (but still very smooth gameplay) really helps to create a very realistic football experience. The AI, particularly defending, has been improved also and the computer keeps possession and defends very competently. It's hard to pick out any one major improvement, but this game really does seem a lot better than the last one to me. With regard to this year's fifa (which I also own and enjoy a lot more than previous versions), I think Pro Evo is still a cut above, although the gap is closing.

To sum up, I do think this will be a game that some will dislike - it is a lot harder and more realistic than previous games and that may put some off. For the rest of us though, this is by far and away the most realistic football game on the market and I think it will only improve with more play... I know what I'm off to do now...

PS I know some people wanted to know about master league... only had a quick look and it all appears fairly similar, but then it was such a good mode before I don't know what people expected/wanted? One thing I will say is that signing players will be very important as the differences due to stats and physical attributes is noticeable (eg. Roy Keane and Vieira 'feel' a lot stronger than smaller players... hard to explain but you'll see what I mean)

Hope that is interesting for someone, feel free to ask any questions...

Originally posted by toup@Oct 22 2005, 05:07 AM
Well I managed to sneak off early, so just had about an hour of gameplay on xbox PES5... Here are some first impressions:

Graphics:
No radical overhaul but it didn't really need them, it's all a little bit more crisp and it's very, very smooth - no slowdown at all as yet. A lot of very good player likenesses but not had too much of a look at everyone yet. Licensed kits look very good, unlicensed ones made to look a bit plain when next to them, but I'm going to download an option file to fix thet as soon as one is released...

Sound:
Again, only an hour so not much of a chance to find out, but noticed a few club-specific songs which is always a nice touch. Atmospheric as usual and not bored of the commentary...yet

Gameplay:
The bit you've all been waiting for! As you may have heard it's really 'different' this year. My first observation was that it's a lot slower than last year, but that actually works very well - it feels that little bit more solid and like you're actually controlling a real person. This is added to by the player collisions and contact which all feel very good, especially when conteasting a header etc (as a side note, I found heading very frustrating in PES 4 and often lost out to much smaller guys - this has really improved and now who you are controlling has a real bearing on it). The ball physics have also had a slight tweak, and having played the PC demo for a while, i now really appreciate the improvement of this - crosses whip in a little more realistically and delicate through balls can really spin right into the path of an attacker, it all feels very real.

I found last year's game felt a little too 'slick' but the slight slowdown in pace (but still very smooth gameplay) really helps to create a very realistic football experience. The AI, particularly defending, has been improved also and the computer keeps possession and defends very competently. It's hard to pick out any one major improvement, but this game really does seem a lot better than the last one to me. With regard to this year's fifa (which I also own and enjoy a lot more than previous versions), I think Pro Evo is still a cut above, although the gap is closing.

To sum up, I do think this will be a game that some will dislike - it is a lot harder and more realistic than previous games and that may put some off. For the rest of us though, this is by far and away the most realistic football game on the market and I think it will only improve with more play... I know what I'm off to do now...

PS I know some people wanted to know about master league... only had a quick look and it all appears fairly similar, but then it was such a good mode before I don't know what people expected/wanted? One thing I will say is that signing players will be very important as the differences due to stats and physical attributes is noticeable (eg. Roy Keane and Vieira 'feel' a lot stronger than smaller players... hard to explain but you'll see what I mean)

The real question is; Is it really worth trading in PES4?

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Oct 22 2005, 05:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 22 2005, 05:10 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Oct 22 2005, 05:07 AM

Graphics:

Sound:

Gameplay:

The real question is; Is it really worth trading in PES4? [/b]
IMO It's a resounding YES! Obviously you don't have to trust me and I won't be refunding the difference if you hate it, but I really think it's a lot better. Like I said, some people won't like it due to the increased difficulty etc, but if you want a realistic football game then look no further...

no its not worth tradin in pes 4 for it, but is def worth trading in fifa 06 for it.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 22 2005, 05:26 AM
no its not worth tradin in pes 4 for it, but is def worth trading in fifa 06 for it.
Do you really not think it's a lot better than PES4? Would be interested to hear why. Just played another quick game and I notice something new every time. I think it's just the overall feel of the game which has come on a lot since the last incarnation, but then opinions are like a**eholes... everyone's got one and I fully respect yours!

nah it was a jk mate its leagues above pes 4, but fifa 06 is shocking and it was more of a dig at that game.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 22 2005, 06:26 AM
nah it was a jk mate its leagues above pes 4, but fifa 06 is shocking and it was more of a dig at that game.
Fair enough then. I thought fifa was a big improvement this year, but don't reckon it's ever going to get played again now. Just watching the Sale game then going to hit the Master league...

Just thought I'd add a few things about master league - started one making a team from scratch and have to say I'm impressed with the nice little changes. First of all the kit editing options are immense and you could easily recreate virtually any kit on the planet. Secondly, you can choose your entire squad from any players in the game if you want to. But don't think this will make it too easy - you still have the same starting cash and have to build a squad which you can afford to pay for! You could easily spend hours before even getting into the season just choosing the best team you think you can afford... this game just keeps getting better...

What about the keepers??

They were a little "underdone" in PES4 for my liking. Especially hated how they quite often stood still and watched the ball curl/dribble into the corner of the net..............

Noticed much improvement in this area??

Latest posts