• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro14 Semi Finals

I wouldn't go equating the two.

That's fair. I just meant on both occasions the person who scored at the end was the person who would most annoy Munster fans.

Not comparing the two as human beings. People just dislike Lowe for his persona on the field.

It was a really good game, and a really close contest in the first half. But Leinster started to pull away in second half, both on and off the scoreboard. Leinster still too far ahead of us unfortunately. A lot of good performances on the Munster side still though, and some guys will have helped their case to get on the plane for the World Cup.

Glasgow v Leinster should be an electric final, and I could see it going either way .

That's fair. I just meant on both occasions the person who scored at the end was the person who would most annoy Munster fans.

Not comparing the two as human beings. People just dislike Lowe for his persona on the field.
Fair enough.

Facile enough win for Leinster. They can play a lot better and will need to against Glasgow or else it could be a pummelling. Was really happy for Josh van der Flier who was excellent in his come back from injury. He deserves to keep his spot in the starting XV ahead of Sean O'Brien. Jack Conan had a very good game too.

I keep harping on about it because nothing has changed; what does Johann van Graan bring to Munster? They spent big in signing Joey Carbery, Tadhg Beirne, Arno Botha, Alby Mathewson and Mike Haley yet finished exactly where they did last season, second in their conference and well beaten in both the European and Pro 14 semi finals. There's no sign of progress being made. I'm baffled that he was given a contract extension. It's nothing personal against the head coach who comes across really well and as a very genuine person in the media.

People dislike Lowe? Has anyone told them to go f themselves?

People dislike Lowe? Has anyone told them to go f themselves?
Only Munster fans, and it'd have nothing to do with the fact that he scores every time he plays against them. He's more creative than their entire backline (not even a joke).

In Leinster he's widely beloved.

On game better team win. I thought our front row proved hugely alot of people wrong. Our pack were excellent too and unfortunately our backline structures let us down. And I say structures as Farrell and Scannell has huge games in centre especially Farrell but it was off loose play. Big difference is Leinster too their scores and ironically for all the talk of homegrown it was a Munster man and Kiwi. On James Lowe. Having seen him a few times he is a superb talent no doubt but a classless man. I know him and Conway had issues on pitch but even his attitude off pitch stinks. I get Leinster love him and fair enough but this isn't just a Munster opinion but from a few. Sexton can be a narky man on pitch and everything for example and easy to hate but man off pitch is respectful and a gentleman. Lowe based on 4 or 5 times I've seen him off field is a big let down. And I accept similar thoughts may be of Munster guys and reasons attached.only basing this opinion on my experiences first hand and other stories. But on game yes better team won no complaints and from Irish pov great to see Van Der Flier perform. On POM doing nothing comment. His stats suggest he was superb in tight breakdowns and Stander was the 1 who struggled and will really have to carry his carry game.

James Lowe has come into Leinster and completely bought the ethos of the squad and added to it. He does as much for the local community as anyone whether it be charity days, visits to the children's hospital or helping grassroots rugby. I know you said you're basing it on first hand experience but confining your opinion of anyone to their behaviour cooling down from a ****ly games where he's a prime target of the opposition while ignoring this is classless in itself muff.

If Peter O'Mahony isn't a factor on opposition lineouts and turning ball over at the breakdown, he adds very little. He doeesn't carry the ball well, isn't a passing link and doesn't support open play. Yesterday was another one of those days for him. On his day he's brilliant, he just doesn't have enough of those days.

CJ Stander seems to be a spent force. He's not carrying well at all. Perhaps years of being a battering ram have finally caught up with him. It would be a shame if that was the case as it appears to be the way with Sean O'Brien too. Tadhg Beirne, Josh van der Flier and Jack Conan may give Ireland a better balanced backrow than they have at present. Beirne is a lineout option, jackal threat and support running, van der Flier tackles all day and is good over the ball and Conan does what Stander did two years ago.

That's an interesting take on James Lowe, What did you think of Andrew Conway goading Lowe on the way to the sin bin? Or Conway being more interested in trading verbals with Lowe than getting back into the attacking line and exploiting an overlap which Munster had created near the end? Maybe Conway is taking out his frustrations at missing out on 6 finals with Leinster (Pro12/14 in 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, European Cup 2018, 2019) since he moved to Munster.

James Lowe has come into Leinster and completely bought the ethos of the squad and added to it. He does as much for the local community as anyone whether it be charity days, visits to the children's hospital or helping grassroots rugby. I know you said you're basing it on first hand experience but confining your opinion of anyone to their behaviour cooling down from a ****ly games where he's a prime target of the opposition while ignoring this is classless in itself muff.
Sorry I think you missed a bit of it. As I said I'm basing opinions on my views of him off the field in post games functions and actions. And based on stories of similar that I've heard from personnel of other Pro14 clubs. As I said he may be nice guy just basing it on first hand views of actions off the field and other stories

If Peter O'Mahony isn't a factor on opposition lineouts and turning ball over at the breakdown, he adds very little. He doeesn't carry the ball well, isn't a passing link and doesn't support open play. Yesterday was another one of those days for him. On his day he's brilliant, he just doesn't have enough of those days.

CJ Stander seems to be a spent force. He's not carrying well at all. Perhaps years of being a battering ram have finally caught up with him. It would be a shame if that was the case as it appears to be the way with Sean O'Brien too. Tadhg Beirne, Josh van der Flier and Jack Conan may give Ireland a better balanced backrow than they have at present. Beirne is a lineout option, jackal threat and support running, van der Flier tackles all day and is good over the ball and Conan does what Stander did two years ago.

That's an interesting take on James Lowe, What did you think of Andrew Conway goading Lowe on the way to the sin bin? Or Conway being more interested in trading verbals with Lowe than getting back into the attacking line and exploiting an overlap which Munster had created near the end? Maybe Conway is taking out his frustrations at missing out on 6 finals with Leinster (Pro12/14 in 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, European Cup 2018, 2019) since he moved to Munster.
On Conway issue I believe both were wrong. Lowe had made some comments towards Joey calling him a failure and reject in New Zealand and Dublin. And that was before yellow so again Conway may have been wrong. Equally Lowe was.

Maybe Conway was upset but I'm sure he is on huge more of a wage and are you guaranteeing he would have been a starter in all those finals so? If so then that means Lowe would bever have been signed and effectively Conway a better player.

On Conan he has really stood up and has a legit claim to be 8. Tadgh Beirne hasn't played 6 so that probably won't happen.

And Snoop lets not forget it was a Munster man who started the ball rolling in Cronin and a Kiwi to close it out.

But lastly as I've said maybe I just seem to never have seen Lowe as a good guy but from stories I've heard over past 2 years and my own experiences he really does leave alot down.
Sexton is the example I use and Shane Horgan was another. Stubborn arrogant and complete clowns in many eyes on field at times. But cross the line and 2 gents from my experience. Sexton especially is a credit to Leinster

Sexton is a lovely guy off the pitch in fairness and completely different to his on-pitch persona. Speaking of which I thought he was really good yesterday.

My favourite part of yesterday (other than the tries which couldn't have been better if they were scripted) was our sub front row proving a lot of people, including me, wrong, I thought they'd get minced but instead they turned it round. Deserve to keep their places ahead of next week. I was especially delighted for Porter after a fairly disappointing season for him.

Sexton is a lovely guy off the pitch in fairness and completely different to his on-pitch persona. Speaking of which I thought he was really good yesterday.

My favourite part of yesterday (other than the tries which couldn't have been better if they were scripted) was our sub front row proving a lot of people, including me, wrong, I thought they'd get minced but instead they turned it round. Deserve to keep their places ahead of next week. I was especially delighted for Porter after a fairly disappointing season for him.
You're a more cultured man than I am. I liked Carbery getting decimated three times the best!

Latest posts