• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Progressing my rugby

James737

Academy Player
So in around September last year I decided to start playing Rugby Union in the winter after the Rugby League season finished (I'm in England by the way). At the time it was just a way to keep playing all year around but I really enjoyed it and found that it suited my game. I was on the bench for the first couple of games but managed to keep myself in the 15 for most of the season. I represented Lancashire at younger age groups in RL.

I decided to join my nearest club which I think is a Level 6. Recently though I did a bit of research and found that National League clubs are semi professional and there is an opportunity to represent Lancashire at Twickenham if you're really good. I'd love to be able to do that. Some of the clubs pay players as well and being able to combine a career and semi pro rugby sounds great to me. I know that's a long long way off and may never happen but I love rugby and want to give it a go.

I'm 19 but will be 20 when the next season comes around. I've decided to spend this season playing at my current club purely because I want another season under my belt at this level. Was just wondering what the best route to go about it is and also, because I'm still a student, what is it like combining work and rugby?

Thanks for reading.

Latest posts