• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pumas and Islanders to join 3N in 2008

Look at Italy, a team who would get spanked down here, they've shown great improvement.[/b]
Yeah, they might be a bit of a shocker after the summer.

International rugby needs some shocking behaviour - so let the money grubbers admit Argentina to a real competition.

just a dumb question, how many international tournaments does football(soccer) have?
[/b]

Actually many, there are the Euro cup every four years, the Copa Americana every two years, the Coupe d'Afrique des Nations every two years, the Asian cup every two years, the federation cup every two years, the Olympic games every four years and the FIFA world cup every 4 years. There are qualification matches for all these competition but the federation cup.

<div class='quotemain'>
Look at Italy, a team who would get spanked down here, they've shown great improvement.[/b]

International rugby needs some shocking behaviour - so let the money grubbers admit Argentina to a real competition.
[/b][/quote]

Haha, you're hoping the likes of Australia and New Zealand will be foiled by an Argentinian "knock on of god" or something?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Haha, you're hoping the likes of Australia and New Zealand will be foiled by an Argentinian "knock on of god" or something?
[/b][/quote]
Why do you guys go on about the Hand of God all the time, when the Greatest Goal Ever Scored ... EverEverEver features in the same match? Apparently some guy called Messi scored a carbon-copy of it in the Spanish league at the weekend, so I guess it's no longer a great goal. Me arse.

Excuse me but I don't go on about it all the time because, quite frankly, I couldn't give a stuff about diveball. If anything I find it funny, it reminds me of some people I know in real life. :D

Now, if you'd ask me about Jonathan Kaplan's magical x-ray eyes and the final winning try that Ireland "scored" against England in the Six Nations 2005 at the bottom of a ruck then you could hear me go on all day!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Why do you guys go on about the Hand of God all the time, when the Greatest Goal Ever Scored ... EverEverEver features in the same match? Apparently some guy called Messi scored a carbon-copy of it in the Spanish league at the weekend, so I guess it's no longer a great goal. Me arse.
[/b][/quote]
Because it gives the English an enormous sense of satisfaction to put down other people's achievements to satisfy their own inadequacy. Tbf though, it was a blatent hand-ball, and how the linesman didn't see it I don't know.

And the Messi goal was feckin amazing. Danced through the entire Getafe defence, took it round the keeper and slotted it into the roof of the net. Makes me proud to be a closet Barcelona fan :D

Sorry to chime in late, but I'm genuinely excited about this.
I was out of town at a conference and sort of missed the whole conversation....but, this is awesome news!!
C'mon Pumas!

Because it gives the English an enormous sense of satisfaction to put down other people's achievements to satisfy their own inadequacy. Tbf though, it was a blatent hand-ball, and how the linesman didn't see it I don't know.

And the Messi goal was feckin amazing. Danced through the entire Getafe defence, took it round the keeper and slotted it into the roof of the net. Makes me proud to be a closet Barcelona fan :D
[/b]

Kind of like how the Welsh and Scottish only want to beat England to satisfy their own inadequacies and boost their culture of acting the victim?

Utter tosh, if you actually bothered look properly, we derive an enormous sense of satisfaction from putting down ourselves, and beating ourselves up for having the temerity to have our own culture. We don't really have an inadequacy because if we did, we'd be whining about that as well. Every day, we're apologising for this that and the other for anything we might have done in the past and then meekly accepting bugger all from others who have done us and the others in the UK wrong (like Japan and the refusal to apologise to the World War 2 POWs for example.)

EDIT: I mean, why can't we all admit that all four nations that inhabit these isles all have serious mental problems and are all as bad as each other and get on with it. If there was a psychologist around here, she'd have a field day with the mental problems all four nationalities! England, Wales, Scotland & Ireland certified insane by nightfall? I'd out a bet on it.

EDIT EDIT: ARGH! NOW I'VE BROKEN MY OWN RULE! SEE WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE DONE!?!?!!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Kind of like how the Welsh and Scottish only want to beat England to satisfy their own inadequacies and boost their culture of acting the victim?

Utter tosh, if you actually bothered look properly, we derive an enormous sense of satisfaction from putting down ourselves, and beating ourselves up for having the temerity to have our own culture. We don't really have an inadequacy because if we did, we'd be whining about that as well. Every day, we're apologising for this that and the other for anything we might have done in the past and then meekly accepting bugger all from others who have done us and the others in the UK wrong (like Japan and the refusal to apologise to the World War 2 POWs for example.)

EDIT: I mean, why can't we all admit that all four nations that inhabit these isles all have serious mental problems and are all as bad as each other and get on with it. If there was a psychologist around here, she'd have a field day with the mental problems all four nationalities! England, Wales, Scotland & Ireland certified insane by nightfall? I'd out a bet on it.

EDIT EDIT: ARGH! NOW I'VE BROKEN MY OWN RULE! SEE WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE DONE!?!?!!
[/b][/quote]
I love banter :D

Don't mind me, just quietly procrastinating in the corner, nothing to see here! Just move on! :lol:

Now, if you'd ask me about Jonathan Kaplan's magical x-ray eyes and the final winning try that Ireland "scored" against England in the Six Nations 2005 at the bottom of a ruck then you could hear me go on all day!
[/b]

"scored"... Whats with that. Its official, no need for online syntax sarcasm. It was a try, every Irishman saw it, most Englashman were to busy watching diveball to have seen it, and those who did watch the match, "couldnt" see it.

And just for you. A song for your troubles... Listne to the words... Realy suits you lovely English... Ireland Vs Ireland 2005

England has to stop worrying about others and buck itself out of the insanity. And stop apologising - only drunks apologise. And Ireland, Wales and Scotland: stop being polite about the Cor Blimeys.

Let's all get drunk and challenge England to a giant punch up - except Ireland are about to win the RWC, so we'll just stand back and slip away with the betting stakes while you guys go at it.

In the meantime, watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z-qm-Sb_4s
Silent but deadly. How many did Maradona beat? 56 million, including women and children - the heartless *******.

It's just a beautiful passage of play, helped by English discipline in the tackle: if he tried that today, he'd be hacked down midway through the move.

C'mon Italy!

"scored"... Whats with that. Its official, no need for online syntax sarcasm. It was a try, every Irishman saw it, most Englashman were to busy watching diveball to have seen it, and those who did watch the match, "couldnt" see it. [/b]

No, what you "saw" was a dogpile. There was no way anyone could have seen the ball at the bottom of that heap.

Although it was "official", much like how the Wilkinson this year was "official" or how the Wales vs Italy game was "officially over" :bleh!:

Just because it was given doesn't excuse the fact that the ref dropped a bollock.

<div class='quotemain'>
"scored"... Whats with that. Its official, no need for online syntax sarcasm. It was a try, every Irishman saw it, most Englashman were to busy watching diveball to have seen it, and those who did watch the match, "couldnt" see it. [/b]

No, what you "saw" was a dogpile. There was no way anyone could have seen the ball at the bottom of that heap.

Although it was "official", much like how the Wilkinson this year was "official" or how the Wales vs Italy game was "officially over" :bleh!:

Just because it was given doesn't excuse the fact that the ref dropped a bollock.
[/b][/quote]

Just like when the Irish scored the try with all of the boks backs turned in 2004 after the ref gave smit "time" to have a word with them ?

Yeah, sometimes refrees are a big walking pile of human confusement.

<div class='quotemain'>
This new five nations will put even more pressure on the European clubs to agree on things like scheduling, especially with a very insistent SANZARAPI (as I guess it would be called) asking for their players back by June.
[/b]
South
Africa
New
Zealand
Australia
Rugby
Argentina
Pacific
Islands?

I'd be more inclined to go:
South
Africa
New
Zealand
Australia
Pacific
Islands
Argentina
Rugby

just a dumb question, how many international tournaments does football(soccer) have?
[/b]
I make that a grand total of fifteen, and I'm sure there are others.
[/b][/quote]

Holy cow... that's a grand effort mate.. awesome..
Well, Rugby can then have just as much! I think it already does, but the ones that are actually IRB sanctioned aren't much... wait a sec... The Asian 6th Div Champ (where I play) is an IRB tournament.. wonder how many of those low key tournaments are around the world?

<div class='quotemain'>
This new five nations will put even more pressure on the European clubs to agree on things like scheduling, especially with a very insistent SANZARAPI (as I guess it would be called) asking for their players back by June.
[/b]
South
Africa
New
Zealand
Australia
Rugby
Argentina
Pacific
Islands?

I'd be more inclined to go:
South
Africa
New
Zealand
Australia
Pacific
Islands
Argentina
Rugby

[/b]
I make that a grand total of fifteen, and I'm sure there are others.
[/b][/quote]

Holy cow... that's a grand effort mate.. awesome..
Well, Rugby can then have just as much! I think it already does, but the ones that are actually IRB sanctioned aren't much... wait a sec... The Asian 6th Div Champ (where I play) is an IRB tournament.. wonder how many of those low key tournaments are around the world?

Just like when the Irish scored the try with all of the boks backs turned in 2004 after the ref gave smit "time" to have a word with them ?
[/b]
Was that O'Gara or Humphreys? I forget. But Humphreys did it again recently - took off his scrum cap, teed up the ball for a penalty on the 22, then picked it up and scored in the corner. He hadn't indicated the posts. Some people are so slow.

Once the ref has made his mark for the penalty, its execution is completely down to the attacking team. Best thing the defenders can do is WAKE UP!

On topic: I read that an Argentina journalist on radio in Ireland said the new 5N won't happen till 2010 at the earliest, because the Argentina RFU is hopelessly muddled and amateur. Sorry - no link.

Latest posts