Putting on mass for a 7

jamesSmith7

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Northampton
Hi there
Just wondering if anyone had any good gym/workout/diet tips for a 7. currently at 6ft and 80 kg and 19 years old im too small to cope at high levels of rugby so find myself in the centre or at 9 but dont really like playing there as my best traits are over the ball and tackling. Wondering if anyone could help with a gym programme which could help me put on 5-10 kg ?
Many Thanks

As a 5'8, 75kg flanker I'm doing the same, although to be honest, I find it hard to gain muscle mass because I can't stick to the eating regime you really need to bulk up.

If you look online, there will be plenty of programmes you can find for hypertrophy.

My programme is mainly built around deadlifts, squats and a little bit of bench work - i.e. bench press/flys etc.

My power output has definitely gone up and I'm lifting some fairly heavy weight for my size, but if anything my weight/body mass has dropped - mainly through burning up any excess body fat.

Alongside all of that though, you need to eat a lot of the right stuff to really see visible/measurable gains.

Having said that, you're a lot younger than me and it sounds as though you're playing at a higher level than I am, so you may find it easier/have more motivation to incorporate eating 6 times per day etc.

Latest posts