• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions for Q&A with Alastair - Closes 16/08/11 12.00 (BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, what set plays? the wide, kick, and narrow? If it is those, they are in the game, same button as rucking tactics, just one is to the side while the other is up and down. Unless you are talking about somthing else, now I'm confused going to have start 08,:)
don't remember actual set plays for defense?
Cheers and Salud

aiii thats the one. Didn't think they were in game :p Well I'm certainly a pleb!!! Thanks for that lionmaull, should help me reach that 50 point mark now, only got to 48 :p Thought they would have been mapped to analogue :D :D

are the player names for unlicensed teams which neither the RWC game or Jonah Lomu challenge have such as Georgia, Samoa and Fiji real, half real (i.e. S.Masupua or R.Buacaucauni) or totally fictional?

From the screens i saw from the TRF play test (assuming it was final unlicensed lineups), the names were real names from the region, but ot related to real life lineups. So Fiji would have players like Vidiri (like Joel), Timoci (like Timoci Nagusa), etc, which would be a mix of real surnames and forenames. Same with Samoa and Tonga from what i saw.

I'd like to ask:

1. What are the intentions for a series of HB rugby games (like PES, FIFA, 2K Sports etc), if you have any at all?
2. Will there be any classic teams/players/kits available in the game, or via later DLC?
3. Will there be any extra modes available at a later date via DLC? i.e online multiplayer modes.

Thanks!

Also, if you don't have any plans for future games, give us some gameplay updates for PC Rugby 08! :p

I'm noticing a trend here... everyone wants DLC :p I think a 6 nations DLC would be great along with a custom tournament mode. HSBC Sevens would be amazing I would definitely pay 1200 MicrosoftPoints for Sevens. Anyways my third question is:

3. Is DLC Game Modes POSSIBLE for RWC2011???

Are there national anthems in the game?
Roughly how often do injuries occur?

And for people on the thread...

Can someone remind me what we can edit?

A few questions from me:
1) How likely is it to get a penalty try?
2) Can you get penalty tries from other ways than just penalties at scrums?
3) Does the AI play a kicking game? Unlike for example Rugby 08 where you kick it to them, and they run back at you.
4) Will it be possible to create your own set plays? (would be amazing to be able to :) )

Cheers

thank u for taking the time to answer my Questions
Do you going to offer more teams or stadiums in dowload content like CHILE, PORTUGAL, URUGUAY ETC??.. :p

AND BY THE WAY you should put Classic WORLD CUP Matches
Challenges LIke ENGLAND VS ALL BLACKS 95, AUSTRALIA VS ALL BLACKS 2003, Argentina VS SCOTLAND 2007 ETC ETC....:mad:

Last edited:
Are all players ratings set and will they not be changed!

1)Does the AI take into account the score at all when you play them? in other words do they take drop goals/penalties even when 20+ points down.

2)Does the AI counter attack at all or is it always programed to kick when anywhere near there own 22?

3)Are you going to adjust the punt kick? (I think it's still too long)

4)Do teams play there own style on harder settings? (ie Aussie/NZ bit more expansively SA/ENG bit more up the guts and kicking orientated)

5)Are there any advantages to the team playing at home?

6) Any chance of speeding up the tap kick? still far too slow, you should be able to catch the other team napping occasionally.

7)Did you know it's snowing for the third day in a row in Wellington? CRAZY

Thanks

This thread WILL close at 12 Midday today (16/08/2011)

Get your questions in fast.

After playing the demo I can't wait for the 26 Aug to come to get the full version.

My three questions I like to ask is:
1. Will players get noticeably tired during game play or can you just keep in the sprint button during the whole game?
2. Will you be able to complete a set move playing against other human players or will they shoot up again to tackle you like in '08?
3. In the online network play, will there be a ranking system in place like in Fifa?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.

Is there likely to be any changes made in the game since the demo was released?:cool:

Thread closes in 30 Minutes... Get your questions in fast.

Are you looking at making the players run better support lines and not bunch together? All the players still run around in a little gang

Question thread now closed. Answers to follow later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts