• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions for Q & A with Alastair

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I enquire whether the refereeing in the game will mirror the appalling standards players, coaches and supporters are subjected to in real life? Will we see a group of decrepit, broken men carrying white sticks, shambling around in a miasma of self-created confusion, totally reliant on exasperated, hapless guide dogs, inflicting their ineptitude on those who cherish the sport?

May I also point out I am not being sarcastic or flippant, I am in earnest: I have seen a referee practising giving penalties while warming up before a match. Think about that for a moment, and you will understand why I have posted this question.

Lol check out the vid from the 1.20min mark

http://www.superxv.com/video/crusad...11-playoff-2-hits-pieces-video_55423cae6.html

Is the hand in the ruck feature(defense) still in or offensive holding on to the ball for support in, and is the window of oppurtunity larger, less penalties from it?

why wont HB add the player likness for the unlicened teams and let us change the names, I have seen alot of games do this so why carnt you do it in this one??

Because that would be illegal.

Will there be impact players in this game who have special attributes such as a 'big boot'?

What is the use of L2 (ps3 version of the game). Is it used as a modifier or anything like that??? (probably too early to release that).

Does the game include the "star player" feature similar to your previous games??

Many thanks :D

I assume there will be national anthems at the beginning... can you confirm this? Also will there be humorous features, such as tears rolling down the Argentinians faces as they sing for the Pumas? :L

Are the rules/laws accurate in this one? are they the updated EVLs?

am hoping that the laws are accurate thats for sure, including the drop kicks from a scrum. that used to drive me nuts! they cant do that.

May I also point out I am not being sarcastic or flippant, I am in earnest: I have seen a referee practising giving penalties while warming up before a match. Think about that for a moment, and you will understand why I have posted this question.

A referee practicing his signals before a game? :O What has the world come to?

Nice fist post anyway. Good to see Irishmen now have some competition on this website for the ***le of "smartest rugby nation on TRF".

This is great, none of the questions have been answered.
We're just arguing about whats not going to be in the game.

Awesome thread!<_<

Hi in rugby 08 in a 2 player game in the end to end camera view, the camera swung around to the back of your team as soon as posession was turned over.It seemed to slow down the gameplay and caused a bit of disorientation when you intercepted.Was this changed?

Last edited:
This is great, none of the questions have been answered.
We're just arguing about whats not going to be in the game.

Awesome thread!<_<
Geez, I didn't know it was the 5th July already.

This thread will close on Monday 4th July at 23:59 (British Summer Time)

Alastair will then post the Answers in this thread on Tuesday 5th July at 17:00 (British Summer Time)

Alastair. How wil the ratings work for the different country's.
Will the NZ & AUS teams have their current world ranking or not.
I am asking this because SA are currently 3rd.
In rugby'08 SA was ranked according to our world ranking during the November'06 European tour(4th).I am assuming since that was SA's default squad in the game.
We were 4th for only one/two months during'06 though.But had to play with that ranking for 4years.
My point is that on the current world ranking we are 1.01 points behind AUS.
Which means if we beat them in the very next game we are 2nd.
Also if you look at the stats over the last 42 months(3 1/2 years) SA have been no.1 for 28% of the time, 2nd 48% and 3rd 24%.
I just think that when ranking SA you should take this into consideration.
Im sorry if this sounds picky. It is just so frustrating playing a game with a team that is under rated.:)
Thank you very much.
Roll on August

Last edited:
Is TMO in?
Is there on pitch/sideline ref's?
Can you set up a CPU vs CPU game?

Thank's

will the unlicensed players have the same height weight hair colour just pretty much easy to pick and change there names and will there attributes be relative to what they are in real life

Is TMO in?
Is there on pitch/sideline ref's?
Can you set up a CPU vs CPU game?

Thank's

Is TMO in? NO
Is there on pitch/sideline ref's? NO
Can you set up a CPU vs CPU game? Unknown

:(

I assume there will be national anthems at the beginning... can you confirm this? Also will there be humorous features, such as tears rolling down the Argentinians faces as they sing for the Pumas? :L

Let's hope they're skippable, otherwise it'll be a 35 minute cut scene before every Ireland game! :lol:

Ireland only play two anthems when they are playing in dublin

What changes have been made to the defensive alignment of the defending team
Am i going to be able to go through the same hole every time like i could in 08 and 06?
or is the defending team going to be able to learn your tactics as you play the game so you have to keep mixing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts