• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions for Q & A with Alastair

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game would not be made without exclusive licenses.

I would like to apply this statement to the club teams. If what I am reading from other websites is correct, there will be no club teams in the game. Disappointing.

I would have thought that this would be a great opportunity to licence leagues that previously were overlooked by EA. Leagues such as the Orange Top 14 and the Rabodirect Pro 12(new name for celtic league) and the heineken cup for the first time would have brought a new freshness to the game.

Questions:
1. Will there be club teams and leagues in Rugby World Cup 2011, if not at start, as downloaded content after proper Rugby World Cup 2011?

2. Will there be a career mode like the world league in past rugby games?

Sorry, but this is kinda common sense. This is the official world cup game, like the official FIFA world cup, meaning no there are no club teams as this wasn't their main focus. If your looking for a game with club teams go to www.rugbychallengegame.com

will grubber kicks happen quicker than in 08, I always had a problem with trying to grubber past the full back with a winger because to early the full back gets it too late, which seemed to be every time, my winger would get tackled while attempting the kick and a knock on would be called, I just want to know if the kicking action for grubbers is quicker than in 08, thank you.

Will there be a Haka? Seeing though you dont have the AB licenses.

Are there a list of player names to choose from when editing players from from unlicenced teams etc... The last thing i want to hear is the whn scoring is...good try by the winger etc..its bad enough you cant edit players!:eek:

Hi AJ

will there be interceptions, kick charge downs, and advantage play from a knock-on?

Hi AJ

will there be interceptions, kick charge downs, and advantage play from a knock-on?

They were all in 08, why would they take them out? And as for 'advantage from a knock-on, why would they change the rules of the actual game itself?..

They were all in 08, why would they take them out? And as for 'advantage from a knock-on, why would they change the rules of the actual game itself?..

i know they were, but i was hoping to find out if it's better than in 08, because I like the rush defence method and it would suit my game better if I knew it will work in RWC2011.

Interceptions were in the game but they were seriously bad. You could only intercept offloads randomly.

Hi.

Is there the choice for players to take the ball flat and taking the ball at speed?

When players receive the ball do they run angles and lines? not just straight at defenders

Is the passing mechanic still the same, in the sense that the longer you hold down the shoulder buttons to pass the further the pass will go?

Thanks AJ. Can't wait for this game!!! :D

Is there any way to control a player in attack that doesn't have the ball? For example, if you are arcing across and want your Fullback to come in and pick a line, could you use the second stick to select his angle and control him, or using another simular method before you've pressed the pass button?

will grubber kicks happen quicker than in 08, I always had a problem with trying to grubber past the full back with a winger because to early the full back gets it too late, which seemed to be every time, my winger would get tackled while attempting the kick and a knock on would be called, I just want to know if the kicking action for grubbers is quicker than in 08, thank you.

Its already confirmed they do. You no longer control the power, so its just a press and kick affair and AI works out the distance you were most likely aiming for.

Will the game in fact cure cancer?

I've heard Rugby Challenge will so this is seriously affecting my purchasing decision.

Reply to Lewis1234.

If you want people to keep playing the game long term, you have to offer something else to keep the gamer interested. If this was like the FIFA World Cup, most gamers would have the game cleared by October and there is nothing to back up the one mode game

How many people played the FIFA World Cup game after July when the competition finished?

I'm sorry but if we do have to wait another four years for a rugby game after this one there should be more competitions to keep the gamer playing for longer.

Why should people buy this over Rugby Challenge when after October it would be probably gathering dust somewhere.

That is why you need club teams in the game to compete with the competition.

Last edited:
Hi AJ

Is there a TMO in the game? If indeed, how would it work? Is it detailed or is it a quick affair like in rugby leaque live?

Thanks for your efforts.

Regards

I just have three question

1) Are the running lines improved, like can you have the AI run a particular line than all you have to do is pass to him...like let's say ther is a small gap just on the inside shoulder of your flyhalf and you can have the AI inside centre running at pace for that gap and you as the flyhalf can play a short pass or do they still run straight like in 08?

2)When you pick your squad for the World Cup,will it be like in Rugby08 where you have hundreds of players to pick from or is there a certain limit and will it be the same for the 'international test' mode?

3)Does the cpu make substitutions during a game cos in 08 they didn't.

Last edited:
Hi AJ

Is there a TMO in the game? If indeed, how would it work? Is it detailed or is it a quick affair like in rugby leaque live?

Thanks for your efforts.

Regards

HB have already said that there is no TMO.

May I enquire whether the refereeing in the game will mirror the appalling standards players, coaches and supporters are subjected to in real life? Will we see a group of decrepit, broken men carrying white sticks, shambling around in a miasma of self-created confusion, totally reliant on exasperated, hapless guide dogs, inflicting their ineptitude on those who cherish the sport?

May I also point out I am not being sarcastic or flippant, I am in earnest: I have seen a referee practising giving penalties while warming up before a match. Think about that for a moment, and you will understand why I have posted this question.

why wont HB add the player likness for the unlicened teams and let us change the names, I have seen alot of games do this so why carnt you do it in this one??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts