• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions reference Rugby Team Manager 2015

Is the retail disc edition steam activated or not? I like to organise my games through steam and would rather not go back to the days of disc verification and exe shortcuts on the desktop. The reason I'm thinking of getting the retail version is the amazon price of €22 compared to the steam version at €35, the digital version being much more expensive is backwards to the norm! Alternatively are there any sales planned soon with the RWC coming up? I thought it'd have gone down in price by now.

Hi The retail disc version is Steam activated
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Yes, and the European Nations Cup divisions would be a welcome addition. Going fully deep to the bottom would be fantastic.

I wouldn't push it . . . I can't see adding realistic nationalities as requiring too much effort, including the likes of the ENC might not however. Patience.

But then again I really wouldn't know. I say that it wouldn't be too difficult to programme these nationalities into the game, but given the Uruguayan nationality in the Nations Cup mode is just Russia cheaply repackaged (Uruguayans have Russian sounding names) I'm not entirely sure . . .

Last edited:
Hi all so this keeps popping up ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1443634292.493988.jpg

I've uninstalled it a number of times to no avail, the new Nations side of the games works but not the original.

Any ideas how this can be fixed ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Matty,

Sorry to hear of your problem. It is rather an odd one. Please could you confirm if this also happens in windowed mode.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi,

I've noticed in the videos on steam, that there are concepts (in defensive zone tactics) like Aligned, Drift, Blitz and Adapt. I'm not that knowledgeable about the tactical side of rugby, so are these concepts (and others) explained anywhere? Is there a manual I can access, for instance?

Thanks!

Manual

Hi,

I've noticed in the videos on steam, that there are concepts (in defensive zone tactics) like Aligned, Drift, Blitz and Adapt. I'm not that knowledgeable about the tactical side of rugby, so are these concepts (and others) explained anywhere? Is there a manual I can access, for instance?

Thanks!

Yes the full manual can be accessed via the game's start up screen.

Please be aware that if you continually use a Blitz defence, your team will tire quickly, so use it sparingly :)

I hope this is helpful

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

any update as to when an app (Apple/Andriod) versions will be availible?

Will the next game use the same match engine dave ?

Hi John,

Sorry, but it is too early for us to yet confirm the content for the next game.
All we can say at this juncture, is that we are sure that you, and all the others that have supported us with RUTM, will not be disappointed.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

The first attempt was decent but as i said before is the major let down was match engine it is very rigid and does get boring very fast , the managing part of the game is very good but the next version must really have a proper match engine even if it is something like the online rugby dynasty game , penalty and knock on advantage is a must i would really back you guys with any rugby manager you are doing a great job but the engine is a huge down at the moment

Hi John,
Many thanks for your ideas for a new version of RUTM.
We will certainly be looking at them with much interest.
We really appreciate your support for the game.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Dave, with RUTM 2015, when playing as the Newcastle Falcons I took a quick tap after calling the mark, and my game froze which meant I had to restart the match. It's a great game and this is the only problem I've had so far so I thought I'd better let you know.
Anyway, thanks.
ZF

Dave, with RUTM 2015, when playing as the Newcastle Falcons I took a quick tap after calling the mark, and my game froze which meant I had to restart the match. It's a great game and this is the only problem I've had so far so I thought I'd better let you know.
Anyway, thanks.
ZF

Hi
Thanks for alerting us to this, we will be going over the code, but hopefully it could be a one off.
We are really pleased that you are enjoying the game, please put up a review on Steam if you haven't already, they all help.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Hi All

Just wanted to give my view on the game, I bought it a month ago or so, In that time I have racked up 80 hours with it, the game is great, espescially for a first attempt, the fact that you can control facilities is something you don't even get with the FM series, my only let down of the game and I hope the developers are working on it is licensing for the Super 15, I hope most will agree, I want to play in the pinnacle of domestic rugby, the super 15 is by far the highest calibre competition in rugby on a domestic level, it's like the european champions league in football, the best players play in it, I think that is backed up by the fact that the 3 nations that play in it all made the semi's of the current rugby world cup. I am sure that everything will be improved in the next game and I for one will be buying the next one on release date!

Hi All

Just wanted to give my view on the game, I bought it a month ago or so, In that time I have racked up 80 hours with it, the game is great, espescially for a first attempt, the fact that you can control facilities is something you don't even get with the FM series, my only let down of the game and I hope the developers are working on it is licensing for the Super 15, I hope most will agree, I want to play in the pinnacle of domestic rugby, the super 15 is by far the highest calibre competition in rugby on a domestic level, it's like the european champions league in football, the best players play in it, I think that is backed up by the fact that the 3 nations that play in it all made the semi's of the current rugby world cup. I am sure that everything will be improved in the next game and I for one will be buying the next one on release date!

I agree. If licensing is not possible though I feel it would be good if they try and replicate the rugby structures a little more closely, including linking the Franchise squads. If I manage the Cheetahs in the SA league (Currie Cup), someone like Cornal Hendricks isn't in the squad, as he is only in the stand alone Super XV Cheetahs squad. Addressing this would be great.

Latest posts