• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quick Question About Licencing

You can license the likenesses of players though, as they have done
The England likenesses are the property of HB, the Aviva likenesses HB
So Toby Flood in an England shirt = HBs
Toby Flood in a Tigers = Sidhe
I have no qualms in Flood being able to be moved into the England team or whatever, but him being there as standard doesn't sit right with me

The England likenesses are the property of HB, the Aviva likenesses Sidhe
I have no qualms in Flood being able to be moved into the England team or whatever, but him being there as standard doesn't sit right with me

Toby Flood in an official england shirt belongs to HB, yes. In Sidhes game, England is just a team comprised of players with English nationality. I understand where you're coming from but if it saves the consumer the bother of switching in the players in then i'm happy for it :) Plus we wouldn't be able to use our favorite countries online with real players if this wasn't the case.

Edit: As a poster said above, HB did something similiar in their older games. They put players they'd licensed nationally into "fake"club and provincial teams.

Last edited:
The England likenesses are the property of HB, the Aviva likenesses HB

ah but there is where it is.
hb have a likeness of Toby Flood in the Official English team endorsed by the RFU.

sidhe dont have an endorsed team for england. but hb cannot licence the country name of england. so... tough luck?

if RWC2011 had club teams and say (keep the example going) leicester tigers isnt licenced in RWC2011 but they had a "city of leicester" team. then HB could place their english licenced toby flood in the "city of leicester" team.

Aye, there'll always be loopholes and it seems Sidhe have gotten around it
Better for us as gamers anyway, as you said

You can license the likenesses of players though, as they have doneThe England likenesses are the property of HB, the Aviva likenesses HBSo Toby Flood in an England shirt = HBsToby Flood in a Tigers = SidheI have no qualms in Flood being able to be moved into the England team or whatever, but him being there as standard doesn't sit right with me
Dont see why any gamer would have a problem with licences or likeness as its all for our benefit. All licences and likeness should be in both ***les imo, that way whichever game you prefer, your good to go.

Aye, there'll always be loopholes and it seems Sidhe have gotten around it
Better for us as gamers anyway, as you said

exactly, better for us lot :D

and as i said, if HB had clubs then they could do the exact same in reverse.

On Rugby 06 they had the license for FFR but not Toulouse... And i remember that the players in the French team had real names/likenesses but the ones playing your Toulouse had fake names and likenesses, but had the exact same stats and attributes. This is the opposite of what could happen with Rugby Challenge so it may be possible.

I use to crack up cause i'd play as France and have Ellisalde in my starting 15 and Ellisara on the bench :p

Actually I think I heard on Mystics videos from the Dublin gameplay event that the real players will be in the non-licenced international sides, who's kits will all represent their nations flag (something I can't help but dread about the welsh one :p could end up looking a bit tacky). Apparently it's something to do with them having the licences to the club teams, so have them for the players. I might be wrong about this, will have to re-watch the video to check.
There have been snippets of misinformation arising from Billy's tour, and this issue is one of them.Rugby Challenge ships with full lineups of fake players in our fake international teams.It is correct however that we do have licenses to players play internationally if they are in a club team we have licensed. If we don't have the appropriate international license, they do NOT appear in our fake version of that international side by default.

There have been snippets of misinformation arising from Billy's tour, and this issue is one of them.Rugby Challenge ships with full lineups of fake players in our fake international teams.It is correct however that we do have licenses to players play internationally if they are in a club team we have licensed. If we don't have the appropriate international license, they do NOT appear in our fake version of that international side by default.

Ah cheers for clearing that one up! :) Does this then mean that if i want to play online with Wales I won't be able to play with the real line up?

So...I was correct? :D

*What do I win? :p

Yes, our made up sides are precisely that, and you can move any player into any team. A pat on the back for you.

Yes, our made up sides are precisely that, and you can move any player into any team. A pat on the back for you.

I was hoping for a gold star...but I guess the pat on the back will do...

Thanks! :D

So a player like jean de villiers or morne steyn won't look like they do or even be on the game:(coz south africa and their provinces isint licensed,:(but toby flood will be coz of the aviva licens:(damn

Yeah I know but most of us aint good at making players look like they do:(this is so unfair,,,,but still gonna buy it and try my best,haha

This is all way too disappointing :( . I was so looking forward to a new next gen rugby game and now its all just messed up.. The one with all the licenses is not for PC and doesnt have any club rugby.. Neither has super rugby, nor currie cup. And the one for PC has absolutely no real teams except for NZ and Australia and their clubs along with few other teams i dnt even know. No South African teams. No Blue bulls... And now there wont be any more mods to Rugby 08.. Guess I should start playing soccer rather...

you can get the one with your SA licenses but the gameplay is ****...or you can get the NZ and Australian one where it teaches u how to play real rugby :p

here's a question

any chance you guys could get the licenses for the Cibi, Siva Tau and Sipi Tau war dances, and then make it so you can buy them on the online store? and are they actually licensed at all? i didn't know you could license a dance