TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
quins_2569545.jpg

Harlequins have on Monday announced the signing of Cornish Pirates centre Matt Hopper for the 2011/12 Aviva Premiership season.

The 26-year-old will join the Twickenham Stoop outfit at the end of the current campaign.

Previously with Plymouth, Hopper spent a year in Australia after University playing for Manley in the Sydney Premiership.

"I like the way Quins play and am looking forward to working with Conor O'Shea," he said.

"I have heard good things about the way Mark Mapletoft coaches and am excited about developing my skills with him and the other coaches.

"There are not only a number of experienced players within the squad, which I am excited about learning from, but also a huge number of young and exciting players.

"I would also like to thank the Pirates for giving me an opportunity to play good rugby this season, and helping me develop into a Premiership player "

Harlequins Director of Rugby, O'Shea was pleased to have secured Hopper's signature.

"We are delighted to announce Matt's signing," he said.

"He is a player that has come down a different route to most into professional rugby and has demonstrated an energy and ability in his game that will fit our style perfectly."

http://www.planet-rugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,3551_6852053,00.html

Latest posts