• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

R2006 on Gamer TV last night

Oh good work champ, i got no clues though on the technicalities of vcr to computer - others may know...

xtramsn.com usually puts up GamerTv review video clips...so i guess it will be on xtra in a few days time

might be on gamer tv tomorrow in nz. I don't know about rugby 06 ea haven't producded but rc2006 is a bit lacking. a demo for rugby 2006 would solve a lot of problems

from vcr to pc you will need a tv tuner card, if you dont have one of them well dont worry about it mate

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 27 2006, 12:01 PM
might be on gamer tv tomorrow in nz. I don't know about rugby 06 ea haven't producded but rc2006 is a bit lacking. a demo for rugby 2006 would solve a lot of problems
Yeah, I'd say it would be. Unfortunately we don't get Prime anymore so if anyone with the right tools would be able to chuck it on the internet that would be nice?

true. well I don't have the tools so can't help out there. maybe it will be on xtramsn like someone said they normally put clips up there.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jan 27 2006, 10:37 AM
I recorded the clip last night via Sky+

Does anybody know how I can hook it up to the pc? I haven't got a clue.
Record it on a digital camera, usb it to your pc then upload for all to see
<

It was on again today but my Sky+ HD is full so couldn't record it - does look very similar but incredibly smooth, and kicking physics look a lot better. Whole thing just looks a bit shinier and newer, and very slick - considering R2005 wasn't bad at all and the addition of offloads and working fends etc I reckon this looks pretty good

GamerTV was on today in NZ at 3.30 but no rugby06 on it. Probly be on next week.
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 28 2006, 05:30 PM
Los, get the f*** over it...
I can't find a post of mine on this thread!?

why are you saying this?

<

what are you referring to?

where are my posts and what is happening here.

no one has ontacted me, so is their problems with the site or something. I don't get it.

<

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 27 2006, 10:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 27 2006, 10:18 AM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 27 2006, 06:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-disco123
@Jan 26 2006, 10:49 PM
Rugby 2006 was previewed on Gamer TV ( Bravo in UK ) last night. They did a 2 minute piece with some in game footage. What struck me was how similar it looked to R2005 with the same animations etc etc , but I believe the boys who have played it said the same thing. The footage contained England vs Ireland @ Twickers with Jonny Wikinson at 10 for England ! I liked the look of the tap penalties and quick throw ins , even though Cueto took a quick throw to Steve Thompson in his 22 and he booted it into touch ! Offloads were in too but I managed to miss that bit .

The squad management aspect and World League looked improved and they said they'd be reviewing it next month.

The Gamer TV shows get repated millions of times a week if you live in the UK and have SKY .....

It is VERY similar to R2005. I thought everyone was aware of that ?
i am beginning to think that RC2006 will be the rugby game for me

i played EA2005 last night, and its just plain crap

apart from backline movement and running the rest is shambles

there is ZERO forward play
there is ZERO interaction at the rucks

i need variety, i need speed, i need frantic rugby with variety in play

the fact that u cant have ANY........NOT 1, nothing, u get ZERO MAULS

ZERO MAULS
ZERO MAULS

except after a line-out...........WOW..............its automtic, u cant decide when to start a rolling mauls, and u cant even push it with any interaction, its the same thing everytime

ZERO ROLLING MAULS
ZERO MANUAL RUCKS
ZERO OFFLOADS

imagine an NFL game NO BLITZING
imagine an NBA game with NO 3 POINTERS (ok, post 1980, or whatever)
imagine an NHL game with NO FIGHTS or CHECKS
imagine a GOLF game with NO PUTTING....(well, when ak47 isnt playing, coz yes i rarely need to putt
<
)

We may have offloads in 2006, but we still subjected to the same BS in automatic breakdowns, which has ZERO human skill element

hurry up RC2006.........i need a fix to this automatic stuff [/b]
Poor AK47...

The last march of the EA hatin Commie Pigs has arrived peoples. Have to feel sorry for him though, his whole purpose is to slam EA, but now he has no excuse but the cricket Franchise, which no one cares about.

Originally posted by Ripper+Feb 1 2006, 05:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Feb 1 2006, 05:17 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 27 2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 27 2006, 06:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-disco123
@Jan 26 2006, 10:49 PM
Rugby 2006 was previewed on Gamer TV ( Bravo in UK ) last night. They did a 2 minute piece with some in game footage. What struck me was how similar it looked to R2005 with the same animations etc etc , but I believe the boys who have played it said the same thing. The footage contained England vs Ireland @ Twickers with Jonny Wikinson at 10 for England ! I liked the look of the tap penalties and quick throw ins , even though Cueto took a quick throw to Steve Thompson in his 22 and he booted it into touch ! Offloads were in too but I managed to miss that bit .

The squad management aspect and World League looked improved and they said they'd be reviewing it next month.

The Gamer TV shows get repated millions of times a week if you live in the UK and have SKY .....

It is VERY similar to R2005. I thought everyone was aware of that ?

i am beginning to think that RC2006 will be the rugby game for me

i played EA2005 last night, and its just plain crap

apart from backline movement and running the rest is shambles

there is ZERO forward play
there is ZERO interaction at the rucks

i need variety, i need speed, i need frantic rugby with variety in play

the fact that u cant have ANY........NOT 1, nothing, u get ZERO MAULS

ZERO MAULS
ZERO MAULS

except after a line-out...........WOW..............its automtic, u cant decide when to start a rolling mauls, and u cant even push it with any interaction, its the same thing everytime

ZERO ROLLING MAULS
ZERO MANUAL RUCKS
ZERO OFFLOADS

imagine an NFL game NO BLITZING
imagine an NBA game with NO 3 POINTERS (ok, post 1980, or whatever)
imagine an NHL game with NO FIGHTS or CHECKS
imagine a GOLF game with NO PUTTING....(well, when ak47 isnt playing, coz yes i rarely need to putt
<
)

We may have offloads in 2006, but we still subjected to the same BS in automatic breakdowns, which has ZERO human skill element

hurry up RC2006.........i need a fix to this automatic stuff
Poor AK47...

The last march of the EA hatin Commie Pigs has arrived peoples. Have to feel sorry for him though, his whole purpose is to slam EA, but now he has no excuse but the cricket Franchise, which no one cares about. [/b]
pffft ripper

i actually dont mind EA

Its HB i have more issues with

Madden is good, but i even saw ur post agreeing ESPN2k5 was the best
2k sports rules the roost in NHL, NBA

EA have 2 leading sports ***les

TW
Madden

thats it

Although gotto admit this NASCAR thread has got me thinking........and i am looking towards blockbuster........yes

I slam anything crap.........aint my fault EA sometimes fall into that cateogry

Mario copped it

But you can still waddle around in ur EA nappies u got for pre-ordering EArugby06

In fact, i found the markting director of EA australia LAPTOP PC, at last years EArugby training session @ homebush.........in the car park of course
<

But being a good up front gentlement, i called him, and gave it back, and in return, i got 6 copies of these EA games, but owned most so EBAY'd and made AUD$400.00

his LAPTOP had some goodies in there, that ARE NOW public knowledge - PSP stuff and NFS underground plans

Thus this whole anti-EA thing u proclaim, has as much substance as BOD's claims towards Tana 'pace' Umaga.............
<

You forgot to add all NCAA Sports, Soccer, Rugby when 06 comes out and Baseball to your list.

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 1 2006, 05:04 PM
You forgot to add all NCAA Sports, Soccer, Rugby when 06 comes out and Baseball to your list.

RIPPER IS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

You see the problem isn't that we're anti EA, it's just that I'm so desperate to be a yank.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 1 2006, 07:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 1 2006, 07:17 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Feb 1 2006, 05:04 PM
Isn't NCAA just college football, ie gridiron? So wouldn't that mean it's still inferior to ESPN 2K5? FIFA games are never given better reviews than PES, and as for baseball... do EA make baseball?
Rugby 06? Well only locks and knowsley have played it and both have countering opinions
<
, so there's no proof of its quality.
You see the problem isn't that we're anti EA, it's just that you're so desperate to be a yank that you'll lap up anything they give you
<
. [/b]
Eeep.

Theres also NCAA Basketball and NCAA Baseball... and NCAA Football and NFL Football are two different games with different rules and different markets. EA Sports used to make MLB Baseball, which was better then 2K's version year in, year out, until 2K bought exclusive rights to the MLB (Of course there was no public outrage when they did).

Originally posted by Ripper+Feb 1 2006, 05:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Feb 1 2006, 05:22 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 1 2006, 07:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

Isn't NCAA just college football, ie gridiron? So wouldn't that mean it's still inferior to ESPN 2K5? FIFA games are never given better reviews than PES, and as for baseball... do EA make baseball?
Rugby 06? Well only locks and knowsley have played it and both have countering opinions
<
You see the problem isn't that we're anti EA, it's just that you're so desperate to be a yank that you'll lap up anything they give you
<
Eeep.

Theres also NCAA Basketball and NCAA Baseball... and NCAA Football and NFL Football are two different games with different rules and different markets. EA Sports used to make MLB Baseball, which was better then 2K's version year in, year out, until 2K bought exclusive rights to the MLB (Of course there was no public outrage when they did). [/b]
RIPPER IS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 1 2006, 07:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 1 2006, 07:26 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 1 2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 1 2006, 07:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

<
<

Eeep.

Theres also NCAA Basketball and NCAA Baseball... and NCAA Football and NFL Football are two different games with different rules and different markets. EA Sports used to make MLB Baseball, which was better then 2K's version year in, year out, until 2K bought exclusive rights to the MLB (Of course there was no public outrage when they did).
Meh, yank sports... who gives a toss? I mean apart from Norsman. [/b]

I'm a pigmy faced moron who loves America and is ashamed of my kiwi heritage.

This post has been edited by SANZAR on Feb 2nd 5:39pm

Latest posts