• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Racing Metro and Stade Francais are merging!

Yes but what will happen then regards others

I would think they would just wipe their results from the standings. Is it fair, probably not but what are you gonna do. There are probably provisions for teams refusing to field a team.

I would think they would just wipe their results from the standings. Is it fair, probably not but what are you gonna do. There are probably provisions for teams refusing to field a team.

True but that means just relegate them

As i said in an earlier post if they did strike and came 13th or 14th and they are relegated, the fusion happens after the season is over, therefore Racing may have to go down with them and start with a new team in the PRO 2, this is a long way from over.

As i said in an earlier post if they did strike and came 13th or 14th and they are relegated, the fusion happens after the season is over, therefore Racing may have to go down with them and start with a new team in the PRO 2, this is a long way from over.

There is no way they would have them start in second division.

There is no way they would have them start in second division.

Don't be to sure about that, France can do some very strange things, and if the LNR who are in charge do not like the idea of a fusion, which they don't, they could make it very difficult for Racing. as i said previously this is a long way from over. Our last match of the season is against Stade at home????

New press release and the LNR have postponed the games between Castres v Stade Francais and Montpellier v Racing this weekend so i'm on enforced holiday.
Massive meeting this morning with much said; another meeting to held after the weekend on Monday. Who knows where this will end!!!

Don't be to sure about that, France can do some very strange things, and if the LNR who are in charge do not like the idea of a fusion, which they don't, they could make it very difficult for Racing. as i said previously this is a long way from over. Our last match of the season is against Stade at home????

isn't it racing buying out stade?

if so you just have a team that was relegated ceasing to exist and racing would retain their place in the league

other than just being petty, there is no reason to have them play in the second division

i hate this merger and i think it sucks for the top 14, but i don't think petty punishments are the way to go

on a side note: this reminds me of the movie "major league", where the owner of the Cleveland Injuns had the team intentionally stink so that she could move them... i feel the paris teams performance this year was set up as an excuse for the merger

it's officially a fusion between the 2 clubs and not a buy out, (and Stade will continue as an amateur club) although everyone bar the concerned are saying buy out, so you see already today 2 games are postponed in the weekends fixtures, why should Castres and Montpellier suffer nothing to do with them, and if the LNR do not like whats going on anything can happen, as far as petty punishment goes i think its dammn serious if this was to happening and its not the first time that TOP 14 clubs have been relegated because of, off the field problems, Montauban a few seasons ago

i think their games should be bonus point losses and if they forfiet the season their results should be wiped from the log

montauban was relegated due to bankruptancy

and the fact that stade is continuing as an amateur club makes it look more like a buyout... stade is ceasing the operation of their professional team and selling all those assets to racing

they can deny that is what is happening, but it is what is happening

i think their games should be bonus point losses and if they forfiet the season their results should be wiped from the log

montauban was relegated due to bankruptancy

and the fact that stade is continuing as an amateur club makes it look more like a buyout... stade is ceasing the operation of their professional team and selling all those assets to racing

they can deny that is what is happening, but it is what is happening

1 thats not possible imagine last weekend the same was to happen to Clermont v Montpellier, even i agree it would be a win for Clermont on paper look what happened

2 Montauban were not bankrupt, (financial difficulties) if they were they would not exist today.

3 We all know it's a buyout but they are saying fusion unless proved otherwise its fusion

This will ride for some time i'm still waiting for the official postpoement, it has not yet arrived, everybody in Mhr is standing by waiting, this is a complete farce and the 2 Presidents are to blame for all of it

1 thats not possible imagine last weekend the same was to happen to Clermont v Montpellier, even i agree it would be a win for Clermont on paper look what happened

2 Montauban were not bankrupt, (financial difficulties) if they were they would not exist today.

3 We all know it's a buyout but they are saying fusion unless proved otherwise its fusion

This will ride for some time i'm still waiting for the official postpoement, it has not yet arrived, everybody in Mhr is standing by waiting, this is a complete farce and the 2 Presidents are to blame for all of it

http://uk.reuters.com/article/rugby-france-montauban-bankruptcy-idUKLDE63P27820100426

definitely bankruptcy... the whole point of filing is so that you can continue

i don't understand your first point

you cant give bonus point losses it will falsefy all the results for the season v Stade the only right thing to do would be to take away all points gained v Stade for everyone. As far as bankrupcy goes search deeper it was not bankrupcy ( they were relegated before that happened) there were finanacial problems after a DNACG report that their books were not in order and then they were relegated the bankrupcy came after and i dont think that happened, the report you showed is vague and not the honest truth, but i'm not going to argue over something that happened seasons ago. My point is the relegation is possible whether it happens or not it is possible, but the situation is far from petty as you mentioned.Officially the games are off just be mailed with the directives from the club.

[TEXTAREA]3.2. Points "terrain" et points de bonus :
a) Il est attribué à chaque équipe, à l'issue d'un match de championnat, le nombre de points, dits points
"terrain" suivants :
- 4 points pour match gagné,
- 2 points pour match nul,
- 0 point pour match perdu,
- Moins 2 points pour chaque match perdu par disqualification ou par forfait (ou pour toute autre
raison administrative ou disciplinaire), et dans ce cas 5 points pour le club adverse.

b) Des points de bonus sont attribués en saison régulière du Championnat de France de 1ère et 2ème
division selon les principes suivants :
- 1 point de bonus pour une équipe ayant marqué au moins 3 essais de plus que son adversaire lors
d’une même rencontre ;
- 1 point de bonus pour une équipe ayant perdu par un écart de 5 points ou moins ;
Les points de bonus attribués s’ajoutent aux points terrain obtenus par l’équipe concernée[/TEXTAREA]

it's only what your rule book says

[TEXTAREA]3.2. Points "terrain" et points de bonus :
a) Il est attribué à chaque équipe, à l'issue d'un match de championnat, le nombre de points, dits points
"terrain" suivants :
- 4 points pour match gagné,
- 2 points pour match nul,
- 0 point pour match perdu,
- Moins 2 points pour chaque match perdu par disqualification ou par forfait (ou pour toute autre
raison administrative ou disciplinaire), et dans ce cas 5 points pour le club adverse.

b) Des points de bonus sont attribués en saison régulière du Championnat de France de 1ère et 2ème
division selon les principes suivants :
- 1 point de bonus pour une équipe ayant marqué au moins 3 essais de plus que son adversaire lors
d'une même rencontre ;
- 1 point de bonus pour une équipe ayant perdu par un écart de 5 points ou moins ;
Les points de bonus attribués s'ajoutent aux points terrain obtenus par l'équipe concernée[/TEXTAREA]

it's only what your rule book says

Shouldn't you be getting drunk.

nah, it's unforunate overlap between march madness and st. patricks day... and gambling while drunk is a good way to lose a ****load of money

You wouldn't fit in at the Chetenham festival then ;).

But seriously do the majority of Americans go ham on st Patrick's day or just Chicago and NYC.

You wouldn't fit in at the Chetenham festival then ;).

But seriously do the majority of Americans go ham on st Patrick's day or just Chicago and NYC.

It's a city and college thing. But a majority only go hard at night, it's Chicago and NYC that treat it as an all day thing.

Latest posts