• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Racing Metro and Stade Francais are merging!

[TEXTAREA]3.2. Points "terrain" et points de bonus :
a) Il est attribué à chaque équipe, à l'issue d'un match de championnat, le nombre de points, dits points
"terrain" suivants :
- 4 points pour match gagné,
- 2 points pour match nul,
- 0 point pour match perdu,
- Moins 2 points pour chaque match perdu par disqualification ou par forfait (ou pour toute autre
raison administrative ou disciplinaire), et dans ce cas 5 points pour le club adverse.

b) Des points de bonus sont attribués en saison régulière du Championnat de France de 1ère et 2ème
division selon les principes suivants :
- 1 point de bonus pour une équipe ayant marqué au moins 3 essais de plus que son adversaire lors
d'une même rencontre ;
- 1 point de bonus pour une équipe ayant perdu par un écart de 5 points ou moins ;
Les points de bonus attribués s'ajoutent aux points terrain obtenus par l'équipe concernée[/TEXTAREA]

it's only what your rule book says

yes exactly this is what it says you are right!!! BUT at the moment the 2 games have been postponed by the authorities the LNR so non of the above applies at the moment. This is something that has to be dealt with sensibly and that no team in the TOP 14 suffers because of the outcome.Maybe things will be clearer after Mondays next meeting between all parties but i very much doubt it.

Why do Racing have their game postponed?

Because they are mischievous and want take advantage of the report of the match in order to have all their international players, currently with the 6 Nations, for the rematch

Stade said they were on strike so if that is true their match v Castres was postponed, but our match was also postponed for no apparent reason we have lodged a complaint but will that come to anything??? The problem is all the arragements for the match were under way at 17.30 Fri when it was officially cancelled by the LNR who really did not have the right to do this it has to come from the executive committee who were not present. There is also the 2,500 meal prepared and all the work that goes into a game before matchday., not to mention players and coaches. Racing have said they will not play their Internationals who were on duty this weekend , that we will see when the match is rescheduled, but i would not trust Lorenzetti as far as i could throw him. In the rule book there is absolutely nothing to say that they had the right to postpone, so where this goes who knows.

THE FUSION IS OFF............. Quel Bordel!!!!!! Lorenzetti announces during the match between Toulouse v Lyon that it's all over and there will be no fusion between Stade and Racing. What the F***. Now what happens about the 2 matches postponed and will the points be given to Montpellier and Castres. and will there be fines for the 2 teams concerned what an absolute farce !!!!!

The merger is off off off. Statement from Lorenzetti

I decided to give up this beautiful project.
I sincerely believe that it was ambitious enough to garner the approval of the majority. I felt that the advantages he offered to the Ile-de-France rugby would outweigh the inevitable efforts he would imply.
Necessary efforts on both sides, two strong cultures, two marvelous stories, it was necessary to write the sequel not to the first person of the singular, but to the first person of the plural.
I have heard and understood the strong reservations raised by this beautiful plan of union.
In any case, social, political, cultural, human and sporting conditions are not fulfilled. Perhaps we were right too soon, the future will tell us ...
I have not measured how much the need to explain, To share my vision and to present the modalities to the ranks of the Racing 92 was a top priority. I did not expect such resistance, especially internally! I would like to thank the players Ciel and Blanc for defending their convictions, courage, generosity and solidarity. Especially with a great sense of responsibility. I am proud of them, of all of them.
Only my passion, my enthusiasm, the desire to be useful to rugby and beyond to the French sport have guided me. Rugby is a milieu of passions. It is our honor to have convictions and defend them. But the time is too short. It is not possible then that a season is played to lead a dialogue and overcome tensions.
I want to tell the big rugby family, the loyal partners of Racing 92, the supporters, the players, the sports and administrative staff of the two teams and the volunteers of the rugby schools that it was not in my Intention to oppose one part of the family to another.
This family is the beating heart of our sport. As for me, I am only a passionate servant.

This is not unusual in mergers once fans make their opinions known (there were a couple of mergers proposed in Scottish football that fell through in similar circumstances). It'll probably end up boosting the crowds of both clubs.

THE FUSION IS OFF............. Quel Bordel!!!!!! Lorenzetti announces during the match between Toulouse v Lyon that it's all over and there will be no fusion between Stade and Racing. What the F***. Now what happens about the 2 matches postponed and will the points be given to Montpellier and Castres. and will there be fines for the 2 teams concerned what an absolute farce !!!!!

if their opponents don't get the points it's a complete joke

good on the players for standing up for themselves

Stade now have been given 3 months by their President Savare to find either new ownership or sponsors to get by for next season, if the money is not in place the DNACG will step in, as in France you must balance the books,oe suffer the consequences, if Stade cannot do this they could be relegated to a lower division like Fed 1 which is below the ProD2. This is far from over but i really dont know along with many others, what this was all about. Some are saying a power struggle in Paris between the 2 clubs and politics could be true but its not over yet, there is still the aftermath and who will pick up the pieces. Will the matches be played or will their be a decision of the field, but there must be sanctions or this is open to any club to create a farce as this has been for the last 7days.

Stade now have been given 3 months by their President Savare to find either new ownership or sponsors to get by for next season, if the money is not in place the DNACG will step in, as in France you must balance the books,oe suffer the consequences, if Stade cannot do this they could be relegated to a lower division like Fed 1 which is below the ProD2. This is far from over but i really dont know along with many others, what this was all about. Some are saying a power struggle in Paris between the 2 clubs and politics could be true but its not over yet, there is still the aftermath and who will pick up the pieces. Will the matches be played or will their be a decision of the field, but there must be sanctions or this is open to any club to create a farce as this has been for the last 7days.

Was expecting something like this.

New developements.........the LNR yesterday rearranged the 2 postponed games for the weekend 22/23 Aptril which is the Euro semi weekend, Stade are still in the challenge and the LNR stated that if Stade were to get to the semis in the Challenge they would have to play their game the Tues or Wed before the semi date, great for Stade me thinks, but then again they started all this alongside Racing...........
A couple of hours later the FFR over ruled the decision and awarded 5 point wins to MHR and Castres and deducted 2 points from both Stade and Racing, as the rules state. This is where we are at the moment whether it will change or not, your guess is as good as mine, but it throws a massive spanner in the works between the FFR and Laporte and the LNR and Goze, whats going to suffer is French rugby no doubt, when there was some light showing at the end of the tunnel.

The war has started between LNR and FFR as predicted. The merger was just the fuse.

The proposed union contracts for the internationals are going to be the biggest bone of contention. Full Metal Jacket coming...

Laporte may move ultimately towards disbanding LNR or push Goze (LNR president) out and elect a new committee.

French rugby politics back in full swing :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just come back from our training day for press and tele...... apparently Laporte laid the gun on the table last weekend, Goze loaded it with bullets and after his fine efforts of last weekend its now in Laporte's hand pointing at Goze, this looks very much like the opportunity that the President of the FFR was waiting for and there seems be a majority thinking that LNR President Goze may see a P45 by the end of the season or even earlier. Something about a new brush sweeps clean.

Last edited:

Latest posts