• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ranking The First

A

alexrugby

Well the first round of the FIRA AER European Nations Cup tournament came to end

We have defeated Russia 21-29 and it took several days to celebrate this 11th triumph over Russia in rugby for my people

among the 5 games we have won 4 and match against Portugal ended 20:20

So now my team is 1st in a rankings and I really hope we will manage to win the second run of this tournament and become a 4th time FIRA AER European Nations Cup tournament winner
:lol: :lol:

Georgian Rugby in the ascendancy then.

Just how popular is it in Georgia, Lekso?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Apr 9 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We have defeated Russia 21-29 and it took several days to celebrate this 11th triumph over Russia in rugby for my people.[/b]

That is A LOT of Georgian wine!!!! :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 10 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Georgia for the 6N. Enough with Italy.[/b]

We'll wait to see how Georgia do in the Churchill Cup (can't wait) before we starting jumping the so-called 'gun'.

Saxons vs Georgia or the "Battle of St George" as I'll call it will be utterly epic..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Apr 10 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bring in a 6N relegation.[/b]
If Georgia continue their remarkable rate of improvement, there will unquestionably be more calls like this. I don't see relegation from the 6 Nations happening in the short or medium term though - Italy would be most likely to drop out and the other nations seem commited to helping them along after they neglected Romania so badly in the 1980s. Perhaps more realistic is for Georgia to seek entry to an expanded 7 Nations once they start beating or at least competing with 6 Nations teams with some degree of regularity (similar to Italy of the 90s and Romania of the 80s).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 10 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Georgian Rugby in the ascendancy then.

Just how popular is it in Georgia, Lekso?[/b]

Amazingly popular it is becoming in our country

Football eats own Sh**t and Rugby's on it's way to heighten the level

Nobody likes to pay for tickets where you will lose match by no means

While our guyzz play and work hard to win any match

So Rugby is gettin' more and more popular in Georgia :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Apr 10 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Apr 10 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bring in a 6N relegation.[/b]
If Georgia continue their remarkable rate of improvement, there will unquestionably be more calls like this. I don't see relegation from the 6 Nations happening in the short or medium term though - Italy would be most likely to drop out and the other nations seem commited to helping them along after they neglected Romania so badly in the 1980s. Perhaps more realistic is for Georgia to seek entry to an expanded 7 Nations once they start beating or at least competing with 6 Nations teams with some degree of regularity (similar to Italy of the 90s and Romania of the 80s).
[/b][/quote]

One compromise until a settlement on elite European international rugby is reached would be to sign up Georgia to the Churchill Cup for the long term.

England Saxons usually field a side with guys who are good enough for the elite squad anyway so it'll be a good barometer.

I'd love to see Georgia enter a six nations, however I think letting them continue as they are and let them grow and improve is better for them for the time being then pitting them streight into the six nations and making them play against some of the best teams in the world.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Apr 12 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd love to see Georgia enter a six nations, however I think letting them continue as they are and let them grow and improve is better for them for the time being then pitting them streight into the six nations and making them play against some of the best teams in the world.[/b]

well thanks for the best wishes my friends but still there is one option

Personally I think Georgia is not strong enough for 6N Cup now, but there is another option too: If you don't play against grands, despite you will get trampled under feet maybe, you will never learn to play rugby as well.

So the Ice is melting now and we are waiting just for the development of episodes whether our team will proceed to highranking tournaments

Each match won against ANY of the opposers I think gives us more stimuli and pushes forward to higher points

What about Churchill Cup I also wait for that days with breath-hold I agree Prestwick, this tournament may appear the cornerstone for our further progress

Cheers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Apr 12 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love to see Georgia enter a six nations, however I think letting them continue as they are and let them grow and improve is better for them for the time being then pitting them streight into the six nations and making them play against some of the best teams in the world.[/b]

Personally I think Georgia is not strong enough for 6N Cup now, but there is another option too: If you don't play against grands, despite you will get trampled under feet maybe, you will never learn to play rugby as well.

So the Ice is melting now and we are waiting just for the development of episodes whether our team will proceed to highranking tournaments

Each match won against ANY of the opposers I think gives us more stimuli and pushes forward to higher points

What about Churchill Cup I also wait for that days with breath-hold I agree Prestwick, this tournament may appear the cornerstone for our further progress

Cheers
[/b][/quote]

Plus it's during the summer so you're players that play top 14 rugby, and hence your best players won't be too tired from Top 14 rugby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Apr 13 2009, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Apr 12 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Apr 12 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers
[/b][/quote]

Plus it's during the summer so you're players that play top 14 rugby, and hence your best players won't be too tired from Top 14 rugby.
[/b][/quote]

Agree, I think Tim Lane will take the most powerful squad to Churchill Cup, just for self-esteem at first ;) ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 12 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
One compromise until a settlement on elite European international rugby is reached would be to sign up Georgia to the Churchill Cup for the long term.

England Saxons usually field a side with guys who are good enough for the elite squad anyway so it'll be a good barometer.[/b]
Good call. Anything which boosts the standard of competition countries should as Georgia face must be looked at.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toxicfiend @ Apr 10 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Congrats! what does FIRA AER stand for? lol[/b]

You'd better visit FIRA AER website because I do not know what does it mean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FIRA AER Website

And ask their authorities: they do know what it means??? :p :p :p :p

the only thing we demand from our players is the fight

Maybe Georgia could benefit from some non-tournament test matches against some of the lesser teams of the 6N. Like Scotland and Italy. It's a raise of standard from Russia and Romania but not a huge raise to England and France. And in between stage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Apr 14 2009, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe Georgia could benefit from some non-tournament test matches against some of the lesser teams of the 6N. Like Scotland and Italy. It's a raise of standard from Russia and Romania but not a huge raise to England and France. And in between stage.[/b]

Agree bro

We had some friendly against Scotland but unfortunately the team squad couldn't be made and we were so weak that no normal movement had been reported on arena <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

but anyway good experience

Latest posts