• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 editor

I

Inertia

i'm thinking of converting my RL 2 editor to work with RC 2006.

is anyone else doing an editor for this game? I don't have a lot of time to implement this so if anyone can help me with the datastructure for the teams i'd be grateful.

i'm considering making this editor a little simpler (no player or team creation).

if anyone wants the souce code to the RL 2 editor, pm me and i will give it you (it's done in vs 2003, visual basic net).

Originally posted by Inertia@Feb 10 2006, 03:18 AM
i'm thinking of converting my RL 2 editor to work with RC 2006.

is anyone else doing an editor for this game? I don't have a lot of time to implement this so if anyone can help me with the datastructure for the teams i'd be grateful.

i'm considering making this editor a little simpler (no player or team creation).

if anyone wants the souce code to the RL 2 editor, pm me and i will give it you (it's done in vs 2003, visual basic net).
Think Lazy Chestnut is working on one. Player editor / creator would be nice though as there isnt one in the game as would be a team editor / creator.

i'll hold off and see what his progress is then. i'm only wanting to do it so we can sort out the teams properly but it's not something i'm that keen on repeating after spending a couple of weeks solid on the RL 2 one.

i hope if lazy chesnut is doing one that he implements a faster way of searching players etc...the rugby 2005 one was good and solid but had limited appeal for serious editing.

Would be nice to be able to alter height, weight of players etc as well as creating new players and teams. Hope thats what Lazy Chestnut has in mind.

Not sure how he is progressing though.

The RC2006 editor will be different to the Rugby 2005 one because of the way the teams and players are stored.

There will be no need for searching or anything like that, as all the players are grouped in the teams to which they belong. I will have a copy/paste player function, so that you can copy people like Varndell (absolute star, that lad) from the Leicester squad, and replace people like Jason Robinson.

sounds like you got it sorted then, i'll not bother :bravo:

have you checked out my RL 2 editor btw?

I have never played that.

Rugby league is poo.

Waiting for the obligatory offensive from the league nuts!

RL is a great game. i can understand why people (particularly union) might not like it, seems 1 dimensional at first.

hell, took me 12 years to finally appreciate it :D

Latest posts