• Yes it is amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes it is a good game

• Not sure, could have been a bit better

• No not up to it

• No terrible, what were they doing in between World Championship Rugby and RC2006!

• Total voters
No sooner did I mention it the poll arrives
<

I voted that it is good, but as has been said, it's a grower... I am still hooked after 5 days, and can't wait to get hold of my Xbox copy for some multiplayer... It's definately the best offering we've had recently... until Rugby 06 comes along when I reckon we'll have a close call

Its nice to see. Maybe myself, lox shrlfc etc hadnt built this game up after all.
<

Again goes to prove how commercial reviews these days are guff !

Crash magazine were are you when we need you
<

Spot on game, well done Trev and the guys at Swordfish. Just going now to have to get if for PC.

Good game ... very enjoyable, not perfect, but still very enjoyable

its not a sim, its fun (unashamedly fun) and has plenty of character

(9.5 hours solid play from 11 this mornig when it dropped through the letter box)

It seems im alone in my experience of this game so far. This makes me wonder if im missing something. I will give it more time before making my vote.

Seems as good a place as any to chuck in my first impressions:

Loading it up. Tis lovely. Heaps of tournaments and options, it is lame about the Southern licenses but there isn't a lot Swordfish can do about that.

Can't see myself playing a lot of Southern Hemisphere games. However.

I have started up my franchise and am loving it. The big tackle is no longer an issue and at the normal difficulty rucks are fine. You occassionally get nice offloads, fends, sidesteps, grubbers etc. The sprint meter is lame but not as bad as I expected.

The AI are scoring tries against me, although most are when they get close to the line and I just find it too hard to defend. The only stupid thing I've seen the AI do was when a guy got a break away down the wing, my cover defence was coming across but probably wouldn't have got him in time, but the AI had to run towards the corner flag more, and then he just ran out..

So this is a fun game. Play it. It isn't as arcadey as you'd expect. Franchise has fun training too! It's good, believe me!

Play it.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 4 2006, 09:26 AM
It seems im alone in my experience of this game so far. This makes me wonder if im missing something. I will give it more time before making my vote.

Actually - and I cannot believe I am about to say this - but you are not alone dude. There are a few people who hate the fact thati t's not a simulation of rugby - and are quite offended by that! Go figure.

I don't think you are in that camp ... but you made some good points about the ruck mechanics. If they do not work for you then that means we designed a system which does not cater for everyone - and that is a limitation on our part.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Feb 4 2006, 11:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Feb 4 2006, 11:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Feb 4 2006, 09:26 AM

Actually - and I cannot believe I am about to say this - but you are not alone dude. There are a few people who hate the fact thati t's not a simulation of rugby - and are quite offended by that! Go figure.

[/b]
That's why owning BOTH Rugby 06 and RC2006 comes highly recommended!
<

RC2006 sums up the word GAME.

(Taken from Wikipedia) Define: Game. Games are played primarily for entertainment or enjoyment

Spot on
<

@esoj ... I think I read in another thread that you had voted here - but readily admit that you have not played the game.

If that's true - I can't figure that out dude.

Has anyone else voted without playing it? Just interested as I want to share these results with the team that wrote the game.

Anyway ... glad you enjoyed BLIC. I'm assuming you liked that one?
<

Wow. Just been playing the training. Easily better than Madden 2004 training (haven't played a Madden since, but I loved the 2004 training) in my opinion.

You guys know Bullrush? Probably got banned at your school if you're about the same age as me. Well it's there. They call it British Bulldog. Fun. For the early rounds you can use brilliant tactics, where you just follow another guy, then they go for him and you go for the gap.

Another mini-game I like has a rope attaching you to another guy, he runs around and you must try and stay close to him otherwise the rope will snap.

Then there's a wack-a-mole type game, a rugby tennis game and more. Those four are the best though.

To be honest, my expectations weren't that high after some not so good reviews. But it is a brilliant game. If you live in the Southern Hemisphere and only want to play Super 14/12 you will be disappointed.

I'm happy.

LOL esoj is copping it from all angles!!

After playing more on my career, I have found that it is alot of fun going back to normal, as playing with a poor team on intensive care is impossible. My team being crap seems to balance it enough to make it a good challenge withthout being as frustrating as it was on intensive care. The issue still plagueing me is possession time and turnovers, and the fact that there is no need at all for a kicking game. I will keep playing career and see if this dosent balance out as I go up and face better teams.

I dont mean to offend ne1, but how can you find a game fun, when its just pass, pass, tackled, ruck, pass, pass etc etc.every game is the same. and the AI just pass strait out to the wings or centres!! Just no atmosphere in this game. just to one dimensional for me. But hey of you like it, then you like it. Im not playing nemre, so what does that say!!!!
<

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Feb 4 2006, 12:53 PM
@esoj ... I think I read in another thread that you had voted here - but readily admit that you have not played the game.

If that's true - I can't figure that out dude.

Has anyone else voted without playing it? Just interested as I want to share these results with the team that wrote the game.

Anyway ... glad you enjoyed BLIC. I'm assuming you liked that one?
<
that was a joke trev. I didn't vote. that was a stab at knowsley and some others.

man I love blic . quality game. I may buy rc2006 yet you know. depends on how ea06 turns out. I would love to have both but sadly don't have the funds for that.

Latest posts