• Yes it is amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes it is a good game

• Not sure, could have been a bit better

• No not up to it

• No terrible, what were they doing in between World Championship Rugby and RC2006!

• Total voters
I have said all along that the sprint is perfectly balanced - a good back can easily sprint for long enough to score a breakaway try, and the more mobile forwards are capable of some reasonably sized rampages... even the fat lads can trundle through a few tackles. This game gets better with time. Fact.

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 7 2006, 11:18 PM
A couple of things I havn't worked out yet is how to pop the ball up to a forward from the ruck. Is there a button to enable you to do this? I can pick the ball up from the back of the ruch but there doesn't seem to be a pop ball option.

Also is there a button for shoulder charging or are the only two moves the side step and hand off?

No

and

No (Try timing your sprint, although I'm not toally convinced this makes a difference)

Running straight into someone with a big lock for example, and using the fend button may push you straight through one or two defenders...

Or sprinting into them as a prop etc - you don't get such a long sprint but it's more like a charge - you can usually break a tackle or at the very least keep going forward

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Feb 7 2006, 10:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 7 2006, 09:02 AM

u dont wanna be holding it down all day long and passing

u wanna only use it when u see space.......if not used, passing is electric as u have more time to gauge a pattern in passing to break the line........ie cut-out then inside ball to man that was cut-out.......inside ball then back out to outside, u can execute these patterns with alot more accuracy without the

Dude ... thank you ... thank you ... thank you. This is how the sprint was designed and is meant to be used.

I play Pro Evo a lot - yeah, I know it's a pencil neck sport but it's fun - and if I play against someone who just rams his finger permanently on the sprint trigger, you know you are going to own them.

Same with RC2006. [/b]
The reason it works in Pro Evo is for different reasons though to be honest.

In Pro Evo if you hold down sprint, the player is harder to control, but I haven't seen that in RC06. Think how hard it is to turn whilst you're sprinting flat out.

At rugby training we do a passing game where we stand in a circle and pass the ball around, and if you drop it you have to run round the entire circle. At top speed, it's hard to run at top whack and turn round the circle. In RC06 though, you can turn just as well whether you're sprinting or jogging, which is a shame.

I really think that needs to be sorted out, as it renders sidesteps practically pointless, as you may as well snake around the player willy-nilly.

The forwards are as agile at turning as the backs.

This is no different in Rugby 2005, so therefore probably the same in Rugby 2006, so it's nt a direct criticism of this game, but just something that both teams of developers have overlooked.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Feb 7 2006, 08:30 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
i tell ya what there's a little trick with the sprint metre and now i am loving it

without the sprint metre this game would NOT be the same

tactical use of the sprint is crucial

u wanna only use it when u see space.......if not used, passing is electric as u have more time to gauge a pattern in passing to break the line........ie cut-out then inside ball to man that was cut-out.......inside ball then back out to outside, u can execute these patterns with alot more accuracy without the sprint, as u arent sprinting before catching it

in the end, u'll finish of with more stamina, and finding space and making breaks in the final 20mins really satisfies, as u have conservatively used sprint during the match

brilliant :cheers:
Ive never had a problem with the sprint meter. I can see why people dont like it but I actually think it adds to the gameplay, if not the realism. [/b]
Come on! It's about as realistic as having wingers waiting for a pass in touch! You can be bolting down the sideline with a clean break and then have your player start jogging 5 metres out from the try line and get tackled! It's just silly.

Depends what your idea of realistic is.

Like for example:

I think Fifa is more realistic than Evo, and PGR2 is more realistic an GT4 etc.

But I must say RC2006 is not realistic in anyway whatsoever.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 9 2006, 02:03 AM-->
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 7 2006, 08:30 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
i tell ya what there's a little trick with the sprint metre and now i am loving it

u wanna only use it when u see space.......if not used, passing is electric as u have more time to gauge a pattern in passing to break the line........ie cut-out then inside ball to man that was cut-out.......inside ball then back out to outside, u can execute these patterns with alot more accuracy without the sprint, as u arent sprinting before catching it

in the end, u'll finish of with more stamina, and finding space and making breaks in the final 20mins really satisfies, as u have conservatively used sprint during the match

Ive never had a problem with the sprint meter. I can see why people dont like it but I actually think it adds to the gameplay, if not the realism.
Come on! It's about as realistic as having wingers waiting for a pass in touch! You can be bolting down the sideline with a clean break and then have your player start jogging 5 metres out from the try line and get tackled! It's just silly. [/b]
with you on that one Sanzar not matter how arcadey that is rubbish.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 9 2006, 02:17 AM
Depends what your idea of realistic is.

Like for example:

I think Fifa is more realistic than Evo, and PGR2 is more realistic an GT4 etc.

But I must say RC2006 is not realistic in anyway whatsoever.
How can you have an opinion on realism, we live in the real world so we all know what realism is like.

In games there are two angles. Games can look/sound realistic. Games can play realistic.

Fifa looks/sounds more realistic than PES but PES plays more realistic than FIFA.

<!--QuoteBegin-ak47

Ive never had a problem with the sprint meter. I can see why people dont like it but I actually think it adds to the gameplay, if not the realism.
Come on! It's about as realistic as having wingers waiting for a pass in touch! You can be bolting down the sideline with a clean break and then have your player start jogging 5 metres out from the try line and get tackled! It's just silly. [/b]
Either I phrased my sentance wrong or you read it wrong m8. I meant I thought it added to the gameplay even if it wasnt exactly realistic. Maybe I put my comma in the wrong place ?

P.S Like the wingers standing in touch dig ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-ak47

another silly thing is in Tiger Woods series u can spin the ball mid-air anc change the type of bounce the ball will have

in NFL BLITZ u can do suplexes, and coathangers

news flash its bloody fun

its like comparing NFS v GT4

one is crazy, fun with blurred surroundings, and crazy jumps
the other is a simulation

i reckon it adds value to RC2006, coz when u start to time it right, u'll have plenty left to even cross and go under the sticks

i remember a trick in JLR, where if u never did it, u always got pinned
its similar in RC2006.........but harder to execute...but still possible.
without it, u would never lose in RC2006. coz u would just run rampant all day long

I don't totally object to the spring metre, I just wished they worked on it a little... They should have put in an after burner option that let your player run longer if they'd made a clean break, but using it affected your stamina more or something... THAT would have been fun, what they have now is just annoying.

After a weeks play on the PC, this is whats ******* me off;

* The game is impossible with lower rated teams. If your in a ruck using a lower rated team like Northampton or Bristol against Wasps, you have no chance of winning the ball.

* The shoddy tackling. It take the CPU 1 player to bring somone down, it takes me 3.

* 'Ahem' rather large turning circles. When were rugby players part time ocean liners? Unless you have an alalouge pad, your fooked.

* Poor research; Geoff Appleford a Flanker? Sean Lamont an Outside Centre? C'mon, it may not affect the game much, but if your going to put a detail like real players in, at least get them right.

Sorry trev, I really wanted to like this game, but I'm very dissapointed with it.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 9 2006, 09:13 AM

* 'Ahem' rather large turning circles. When were rugby players part time ocean liners? Unless you have an alalouge pad, your fooked.
I generally don't like the way players move even with the analogue... It's still way too unrealistic the way you can be running full pelt and turn completely on a dime. I've only played for a while, but I've noticed I can beat the fullback by just running around in a circle once and then going for the try line... there seriously needs to be some sort of momentum factor here, but there just isn't.

at first i didnt like the game - but as time went on i started to like it - it is good and fun to play - although it lacks the dimensions of EA ***les

i still love this game and think that its top drawer

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 9 2006, 10:26 AM
at first i didnt like the game - but as time went on i started to like it - it is good and fun to play - although it lacks the dimensions of EA ***les

i still love this game and think that its top drawer
Maybe it'll grow on me too, but at the moment it still feels way too much like WCR for me... though I must admit I really like the way scrums work now, but rucking is very ordinary.

Still hasnt grown on my and I have been left dissappointed again. I will see how Rugby 06 is, but I dont expect much

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 9 2006, 11:33 AM
Still hasnt grown on my and I have been left dissappointed again. I will see how Rugby 06 is, but I dont expect much
at first i found myself trying to make myself like the game but i cudnt, coz all i was doing was abusing the sprint button, and spreading it strait to the wings. I found when i changed up the way i played it was way better.

Passing two out to the backline, breaking a tackle, getting tackled, then offloading inside to a supporting player, then spreading it back out the backs is way more satisfying then, strait to the wings. Im converted now. You just feel alot more satisfied when it feels like you worked for the try.

Just look back in this thread and you will c how much i hated this game!! Im totally converted now. I cant stop playing. except when the galfrend cums round!!!! ;)
Alot better

Originally posted by nui1stxv+Feb 9 2006, 06:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sean43
@Feb 9 2006, 11:33 AM
at first i found myself trying to make myself like the game but i cudnt, coz all i was doing was abusing the sprint button, and spreading it strait to the wings. I found when i changed up the way i played it was way better.

Passing two out to the backline, breaking a tackle, getting tackled, then offloading inside to a supporting player, then spreading it back out the backs is way more satisfying then, strait to the wings. Im converted now. You just feel alot more satisfied when it feels like you worked for the try.

Just look back in this thread and you will c how much i hated this game!! Im totally converted now. I cant stop playing. except when the galfrend cums round!!!! ;)
Alot better [/b]
True that.... Except I'm always the one cumming, not her...

Sorry. Too far? I just couldn't let that one slide...

Latest posts