TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
  • 10th - Sale - 31 pts
  • 11th - Leeds - 22pts
  • 12th - Newcastle -21pts

Sale got a bonuspoint win over Gloucester last night (yup, you heard me correctly - Charlie Hodgson was f**king immense) so they're pretty much safe now

Leeds however have beaten Newcastle this afternoon 29 - 30 in Newcastle, overtaking them by 1pt

The run in is:

Newcastle v Northampton
Wasps v Leeds Carnegie

Newcastle v Leicester
Leeds Carnegie v Harlequins

Newcastle vs Bath

Bath v Newcastle
Northampton v Leeds Carnegie

Not easy run ins for the two teams, and I can't see either getting a win, however I could see a losing BP or two coming their way (Leeds from Wasps and/or Quins, and Falcons from one of the Bath games)

Got to say, I'm feeling that Falcons will be going down this season!

Yeah who would have thought it. They never really delivered on their early promise sadly.

They seemed to have had it all mapped out too when they go Carl hayman :(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Of that lot:

Leeds and Newcastle both have to play Northampton. That's an easy BP win for each so both sides to 27 & 26 points respectively.

Bath have gone to ****, so Newcastle could beat them. 27 & 30

Quins have one eye on europe so could trip up: 31 & 30

Leicester only have the Premiership to concentrate on now: 31 & 30

Leeds could do wasps on current form: 35 & 30

Newcastle have to beat Bath twice: 35 & 34

Au Revoir Newcastle.

Leeds and Newcastle both have to play Northampton. That's an easy BP win for each so both sides to 27 & 26 points respectively.
trollface.jpg

My Predictions:
Newcastle v Northampton 12-34
Wasps v Leeds Carnegie 17-21

Newcastle v Leicester 9-39
Leeds Carnegie v Harlequins 20-20

Newcastle vs Bath 17-29

Bath v Newcastle 25-20
Northampton v Leeds Carnegie 31-24

BUT YOU COULD SAY I'M BIASED:)

You might not be far off with those, to be fair

Think the Wasps match will be that close, not sure who will win, but it'll be by 3-5pts either way
Quins could well end in a draw - they're pretty hot and cold so anything could happen
Think you'll put less past Northampton though, if I'm being honest

Think you'll put less past Northampton though, if I'm being honest

I think that if those first two play out as i predict then Leeds will have more confidence because they would be safe from relegation and therefore play with more imagination and less caution and could just put that many past them. But very unlikely to win...

Falcons for the drop and I can't see them coming straight back up. Bristol, Welsh and Nottingham all look as if they could defeat the Falcon if a few of their big-ish names were to leave. I watched Leeds in the pre-season friendly V the Ospreys at Headingly and, as said, when they play with imagination they do look dangerous, a bit like Italy. What they'd need is to be secure of survival with a few weeks to go, then to see how to play and realise that's the best way they can play.

I hope Leeds stay up, I would like to Newcastle go down they have been down that end of the table for a couple of years now...

Wasps vs Leeds is going to be pretty important

Saints have named a fullstrength squad for the Falcons (I reckon they'll have been hoping they'd've rested some of the HEC squad) - If Leeds can even get just a losing BP it'll take a little of the pressure off of the Leeds vs Falcons match

Leeds got hammered. After the weekend's performances, it's advantage Newcastle.

Latest posts