Relegation, Lima?

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
Hey, friends,

If Wasps lose this weekend, they may go a-tumbling right down into relegation. If that happens, can a guy like Lima Sopoaga get out of his contract? Or, for that matter, can they just cut ties with him, after an oft-injured and slightly underwhelming debut season?

Just curious, thanks!

-Dave

bugger and its too late for him to come back home for this years WC

bugger and its too late for him to come back home for this years WC
I'm sure he's thinking the exact same thing...

If they get relegated, does that automatically reduce players' salaries from that team, while elevating the promoted side?

All depends on the individual contracts, some have relegation clauses in, many don't.

There's no way in hell wasps are getting relegated though

It's true, relegation for Wasps looks very possible... if they win this weekend, it will likely be a moot point, but if they lose...

Sopoaga has been a massive disappointment at Wasps TBH.

There is some slight mitigation in that he's rarely had a run of games with the same 9 and 12 either side of him, but he looks a shadow of the player he was in SR.

I don't think Wasps will go down, but if they do lose to Worcester, they could find themselves in a very uncomfortable situation with the run in they have.

Apparently Lima has asked to be released from his contract according to the Times.

"Lima Sopoaga, the New Zealand fly half who was recruited by Wasps as a high-profile replacement for Cipriani, has asked to leave the club after failing to settle in the Premiership."

Wasps really really **** the bed signing him and not Cipriani,
Especially now Cipriani has decided to stay in England long term

"Lima Sopoaga, the New Zealand fly half who was recruited by Wasps as a high-profile replacement for Cipriani, has asked to leave the club after failing to settle in the Premiership."
Wow, that's big news... Just looked up that quote, but I'm not freaking signing up for the online newspaper just for one darn article lol ... I wonder what he wants, back home to NZ? Homesick, perhaps? Could a Super Rugby team pick him up if Wasps grant his request?

Looks like everyone is denying that rumour, including Lima...

Latest posts