• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reputation Bars?

Why'd you think I play centre?! In the hope that Gav will one day do that to me!

Why'd you think I play centre?! In the hope that Gav will one day do that to me!

Well you clearly not good at being a forward and rucking cause thats why Charlotte was not interested in you!

What the **** is a sassanach?

Comes from the Irish word for English. Has been Anglicised to refer to English people in a negative way.

or

Word used in the English spoken in Scotland, which is directly from the Scottish(Gaelic) language. Sassanach literally meaning Saxon. This originally meant an Englishman. Then as Scottish(Gaelic) lost it's footing as the majority language of Scotland(geographically and 'de facto'), Scottish(Gaelic) speakers used the word to describe anyone who spoke any Anglian based language(i.e. the English language as spoken in England, Hiberno-English, Scoto-English/Lallans/('Scots') e.t.c) Nowadays, it has become common in Scoto-English/Lallans ('Scots'), and is used to refer to English people. Although not explicitly derogatory, some people (notably the English) consider it to be so.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sassanach

Here we go ... another bloody war with the English ... grab the sheep!

Latest posts