• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reputation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is all trial and error so if it is a flop then no reason not to rethink and try something else.

The main thing is that at least we are TRYING to evolve with time rather than plateau. Wisdom is knowing when to make the call on new things being worse than the original.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 15 2006, 05:48 PM
I think it will be abused a lot proabbly. there are just way too many personality clashes and people that are just idiots on this forum for it to work properly.
thats it. your getting a -'ve

no but seriously, how are we going to give someone a - without getting it taken away? for this to work, mods have to stop catering for everyone.

indeed that could be true but hopefully the mods are also accountable for the actions they take as well. the mods are only human as well and make mistakes which could be bad with this sort of system. I guess we will see it is on trial.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?!

That's it, you're banned.

I will destroy anyone who abuses this system. It IS on trial but if you mess about with it I will unleash hell.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 15 2006, 09:46 PM
I will destroy anyone who abuses this system. It IS on trial but if you mess about with it I will unleash hell.
...And this guy sees everything. He has Lens of steel... ;)

...So.. I guess... He sees nothing. :mellow:

I reckon its a bit tedious and will be easily abused. It creats a hierachy in the forum of mods and members etc, which is already there, but will make it even more apparent. Those with more posts will be voted for more often, proving nothing, and im guessing those with less posts will get nothing until they post more. :huh:

Very true, but if they have low rep, then it will encourage people to post more on topic posts, and therefore create a better board... rather than if someone spams alot their rep will go down...

Surely got to be good for the board

this isnt going to work. how can you lower there reputation without them having a cry about it. seriously. i have lowered bens reputation (no offence... well ok, offence but you know... :lol:) about 10 times now, all have been deleted. none... ok some of them are deserving.

what would be a better idea, is having a elte group of members, who would be either nominated by the mods, and other members in the elte group. like the moderation team, they too should have there own section of the site.

or else everyone will have 100 reputation, and it will be for no real diffrence compared to a post count.

oh, and sorry to all the mods and admins for the extra workload caused by me :cheers:

The reason this won't work is highlighted by the fact that I now have a negative comment from someone saying...

"likes to fish"

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Feb 15 2006, 10:17 PM
The reason this won't work is highlighted by the fact that I now have a negative comment from someone saying...

"likes to fish"

:rolleyes:
bahahahhaha

im giving lora a +

well what i thought happened did. the system got abused within like a day or 2 of it being operational.

this system will never work as personality clashes etc that happen on the forum are being transfered to rep comments.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 15 2006, 10:21 PM
well what i thought happened did. the system got abused within like a day or 2 of it being operational.

this system will never work as personality clashes etc that happen on the forum are being transfered to rep comments.
its like christmas all over again.

whys everyone ribbing on me - this system will work - i was in fact just going to balance webby out with some good posting - ive got to be truthfull and if people dont think itll work because others dont like them then so be it - ill prob have the most negatives soon anyways - relax.

You should of seen Sam's, he has changed it now...

Was..."find him annoying and not funny"

Is..."His video's.....nuff said"

come on guys lets not abuse this one post per day per member.

id like to think give them one overall point per month and then reward or punish when they have done something good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts