• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reputation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by An Tarbh+Feb 17 2006, 08:10 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 16 2006, 08:59 PM
anychance when viewing peoples reputation details to have the downward arrow a different colo(u)r?

i think that would look hot AND sexy.

enjoying the rep thing so far. 

i believe i'd only go so far as to give someone a neg rep if, well, if some certain banned members were still on here. 

one other suggestion, not sure if it were brought up or if this even is a good idea - that each member gets only one vote on any particular members reputation.  they can always change it later on - that way the rep would fluctuate over time, on any given day. 

like if someone starts posting all stupid-like, you can ding 'em down for being twatable.  but they can redeem themselves by saying something nice about me (in general).
I can see where you're coming from, but I think it's better as is, cause members can give another a point for a good comment or a decent post which hopefully will encourage further posts of a similar quality and improve this place no end. [/b]
fair point.

but what about different color for down arrows when they knock a reputation. i want to bypass the ass-kissing dribble and get to the real dirt. i live in hollywood for christsake, i love me some gossip.

Is there a reason behind the rep system being changed so you can't change someone's rep when you have less than 250 posts?

Oh yeah, sorry. I was just having a play. It was one hundred. I dunno. What do people think would be a good limit?

Edit. I'll put it back to a hundred.

is there any way that you could make it so you can reply to a comment on your reputation thing?

for example. i needed to re-explain what i ment in jj's reputation thing, and to do that, i had to add another rep point to his name. (Note: by re-explaining something, i proberly mean, still making a mess of things.)

i mean, gezz, do you really thing jj deserves TWO rep points by me, let alone the forum? well, yes, yes he does.

I see, no probs, just wondered if there was some exec decision made to limit the use etc.

The staff are all new to this reputation system and we are constantly going to be changing little things during the trial of it... You guys got it the same time as we got it, I just implemented, and hoped it worked.. we currently dont have a test forum to test new features, so rely on it working first time....

I personally think that for someone to be able to give out rep points, they have to have been given/rated a certain number of times. Because otherwise it's still centred around the post count (the thing we're trying to get rid of)...
Also there are members around with bugger all posts, but every post is good, and they may well know the members better than most of us here.

Re: The + and - beside user's ***les (e.g. kaftka's " + Group: Banned")

What do people think of these? Should we have them at all?

Personally I'd like to see them replaced with a little MSN style thumbs up or down picture but this may be tricky.

The default was Good and Bad instead of + and - and you would get them at +3 and -3 reputation. I have changed it so that to get a + you must have a +12 reputation.

I think this should continually be kept within a scale so that not everybody has that +.

I personally would'nt want the "+" under my avatar.

What post count do we have to reach so we can change our avatar info ourselves?

You should be able to do it.

There was a problem where some people couldn't when others could... Don't know.

I have already looked as thought it was 2,000...but I can't find any indication that you are telling the true my dear Kaftka!

I'm pretty sure that I could when I had 2000... But others couldn't.

What do you want it changed to? I'll whip the Bull to do it for you.

[edit] How annoying is that "comedy genius" thing?

...As if I needed something else to make me appear more obnoxious.

You could appear more obnoxious by placing a anti-ripper badge...

Anyway...

...........I can't do it, it is just annoying that I can't...but...

..You can change it to "Air Ben 4 Mrs Air Ben" please...in that exact appearance..(no cap changing etc)

Thanks K(inky)

Don't u like it kaftka.....

what u want air ben i will do it...

Nah getofmeland, I love it...

I'd prefer it to say "Comedy Genius Award" so I don't appear so vain, but its alright...

Thanks Charlie...

Kaftka...

Can I have one like that? But obviousley comedy wannabe or something... :D

Originally posted by kaftka@Feb 18 2006, 10:47 AM
Nah getofmeland, I love it...

I'd prefer it to say "Comedy Genius Award" so I don't appear so vain, but its alright...
I only knocked it quickly to test it, was looking for a comedy mask thing, and was gonna do something fancy, but thought short and sweet was good... Maybe someone could come up with some graphics for this.... HINT HINT DC13....

Also Kaftka wheres my rep dont u love me :unsure:

I love you... :mellow:

Can't change for a while yet though...anyway...

I want a "Fake Mod/wannabe" badge please!! :blink:

DC13...You...know you love me?

(See above)... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts