• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reputation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 15 2006, 10:24 PM
You should of seen Sam's, he has changed it now...

Was..."find him annoying and not funny"

Is..."His video's.....nuff said"
lol, i was the first non-getofmeland member (to my knowledge) to use it. i gave two votes to you. unfortunatly, both were deleted and he made it so you can only vote once per day :lol:

If the negative part of the reputation system gets abused, we could investigate the possibility of only allowing positive feedback, and the mods would just continue using the warning system when neccessary.

yep I saw that one. and ripper for giving sambad a postive was something like slayer of air ben or something.

loratadine if it was done with good humour sure but some will just be plain abuse which gets carried over from the forums.

edit: and because of this some member will end up with a bad rep even though they don't deserve it and new member could be confused by this and thing someone must be a bad poster etc because of their rep is bad.

jj i think that will have to be the way it goes. the negative part will be abused without question

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 15 2006, 10:28 PM
yep I saw that one. and ripper for giving sambad a postive was something like slayer of air ben or something.
:lol: were a pack of assholes, im not going to deny it

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 15 2006, 10:28 PM
Sounds good JJ, when are you going away by the way?
Check the forum calender ;)

One week.

Okay then, have fun...

The betting with the rep points sounds good though.

Doesn't have to be done publicly either, can be done privately.

i dont think we should abbolish the negative part - it can and will work well for the "better" members

I remember doing something and finding it but can't remember...

..Not much help am I?

If it is made clear that abuse of this system is really unacceptable, and that there are seemingly harsh consequences, then I don't see why this won't work out.

Theres always going to be someone to abuse this feature, and if you feel that someone is being a dick, then PM me (or someone else).

Otherwise, just let it slide. Everyone will revieve negatives, and everyone will probably recieve more positives than negatives...

yeah at the reputation link at the top it show people how much rep they have and how much they have given, but it doesnt show how much i have been given unless you click on my name under your rep

random

its the same for ak47 (2 lazy to check others)
EDIT
k good work whoever, working now

Not sure I agree with this to be honest. Why cant everyone interact on the forum without an info tab trying to tell you what or who that person is ?

Dont even think there should be a post count to be honest.

All it will amount to is intimidate new users who would be less likely to want to reply to posts ( possibly in a negative way ie disagree with them ) by high ranking members for fear of getting slammed for it.

Another forum I use ( Redvee ) although it doesnt have reputation has gone this way. I.e its not what you post, its what your username and post count is. Its turned into a little elite gang on there now.

anychance when viewing peoples reputation details to have the downward arrow a different colo(u)r?

i think that would look hot AND sexy.

enjoying the rep thing so far.

i believe i'd only go so far as to give someone a neg rep if, well, if some certain banned members were still on here.

one other suggestion, not sure if it were brought up or if this even is a good idea - that each member gets only one vote on any particular members reputation. they can always change it later on - that way the rep would fluctuate over time, on any given day.

like if someone starts posting all stupid-like, you can ding 'em down for being twatable. but they can redeem themselves by saying something nice about me (in general).

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 16 2006, 08:59 PM
anychance when viewing peoples reputation details to have the downward arrow a different colo(u)r?

i think that would look hot AND sexy.

enjoying the rep thing so far.

i believe i'd only go so far as to give someone a neg rep if, well, if some certain banned members were still on here.

one other suggestion, not sure if it were brought up or if this even is a good idea - that each member gets only one vote on any particular members reputation. they can always change it later on - that way the rep would fluctuate over time, on any given day.

like if someone starts posting all stupid-like, you can ding 'em down for being twatable. but they can redeem themselves by saying something nice about me (in general).
I can see where you're coming from, but I think it's better as is, cause members can give another a point for a good comment or a decent post which hopefully will encourage further posts of a similar quality and improve this place no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts