• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reputation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

getofmeland

Right as some of you have now seen, we have reputation on the boards, this is currently in testing stages, but still can be used...

The First Question I would like to ask is could we have some ideas for ranks and how many points needed for those ranks...

The next question is improvements for it...

Also another point is that if there is a reputation that has been modified, without a description then it will be removed, people who abuse this feature will be taken through certain procedures which could mean your posting rights are removed for a period...You can also only modify reputation if you have over 100 posts, this may be taken away but we shall see how it goes...

Any Questions???

Its nice to give feedback to the members.

One question though;

Will we be limited to how many times we leave feedback on each member?

You can do it as many times you want but we will be monitoring...

but you can only do it once a day per person

So basically you could do 4 members once, then the next day do it again

Sounds like a good idea, but on other forums I frequent I saw get abused. Then it was promptly removed.

Well we will moderate it, any abuse will be tackled in the correct ways

tackled great pun

anyway i think everyone on this board are good and they woudlnt abuse this feature.

though soon enough we will find out who likes who on this forum :)

as well as using it for posters who you like and dislike, if you come across a decent post, give a rating, or likewise for a crap one.

Exactly, we will be catagorising the reputation, so that the more you get the better you are and maybe even look at getting you a colour for your name...

Just a question what's the point? Are we looking to give some feedback to make members better posters?

It may replace the post count in time so we can compare e-willy's in a better way. Or it will make the post count less important anywho.

I think it's good. If you've got 5000 posts but zero reputation you still have a small e-willy. If you've got 800 posts with 50 reputation you have a respectable e-willy. If you've got 10000 posts with 10000 reputation, think Subway Footlong (that wide too).

In other words, it allows people to use numbers to decide what you're like, instead of reading your posts.

Originally posted by JJ-@Feb 15 2006, 02:20 PM
I think it's good. If you've got 5000 posts but zero reputation you still have a small e-willy. If you've got 800 posts with 50 reputation you have a respectable e-willy. If you've got 10000 posts with 10000 reputation, think Subway Footlong (that wide too).
10000?!

Wouldn't that be more like one of those pool noodles?

Yeah, all right.

Just to give you all the inside scoop: KFC are getting 9 inch's!!

Is there anyway you can scrap the Rugby Balls from their current postion and instead use them as a way to measure rep?

Found the reason some people had strange things with their ***les. If you get a reputation of 3+ or 3- it added a prefix. I've changed this prefix from good and bad to + and - but if you don't like those we'll just get rid of them altogether.

if you give someone a negative rating does this show up in there rating descriptions? (I'm sure it does....).

If so I can see some "*** for tat" stuff occuring (you give them a negative rating they give you one in return)...............also I think 100 posts is way too low a limit for being able to give reputation feedback on this forum - some new people on here do that amount of posts in no time.

In future you should have at least 1200/1500 posts to be able to give reputation ratings AS WELL AS having reached a certain reputation level yourself (this would stop those who just post rubbish in order to reach the 1200 post level).

yeah i think thats a good ide RTC, but i think thats a bit tough. Its taken me over a year of being here and i still not on 1000, but i do think 100 is a bit low imo.

also its got to start somewhere, if people needed a certain about of rep to post then no1 would be able to post. because no1 has reached that amount of rep :) but i think you probably knew that anyway :)

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 15 2006, 03:55 PM
yeah i think thats a good ide RTC, but i think thats a bit tough. Its taken me over a year of being here and i still not on 1000, but i do think 100 is a bit low imo.

also its got to start somewhere, if people needed a certain about of rep to post then no1 would be able to post. because no1 has reached that amount of rep :) but i think you probably knew that anyway :)
Yeah, I was maybe thinking that a certain reputation "level" would be required (as well as having 1000 posts) to give "reputation points" once 20 or so members had ratings over say 10??

Good to see some form of system implemented, it's sure to be abused, nevertheless could work out. I always thought the reputation system would work better if the Admins/Mods decided what particular rating certain members receive.

RTC, better in my opinion if the abiliry to give reputation went on the time you've been on TRF. I realise it probably sounds like I'm saying that merely because I have ain insiginficant post count, but I think it may work better.

I think it will be abused a lot proabbly. there are just way too many personality clashes and people that are just idiots on this forum for it to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts