• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Revenge is a dish best served cold Osama!!!

Just heard the news.

I'm sitting in silence waiting to see what happens next.

I don't think they can ever eliminate this Jihad movement. Not in the way they're currently conducting things. There will be another 100 heads ready to pop up where his head has been for the last 20 or so years and it's scary to think what could come of it. I do hope that this will bring closure to some of the thousands of families (both muslim, Christian and other) who have suffered and the hands of this man.

Meh. This changes absolutely nothing, apart satisfying the need for feodal justice of millions of butthurt americans. This was probably the biggest trolling ever...The big picture is still the same...

Meh. This changes absolutely nothing, apart satisfying the need for feodal justice of millions of butthurt americans. This was probably the biggest trolling ever...The big picture is still the same...

I don't think you can centre this solely on Americans. You forget that thousands of people from all different countries were killed in various attacks (not just 9/11)

You are right though, it won't change anything.

I don't think you can centre this solely on Americans. You forget that thousands of people from all different countries were killed in various attacks (not just 9/11)

You are right though, it won't change anything.

I don't think there's people celebrating in the streets outside of the US...The level of hysterics about this man is unparalleled in any other country...

Last edited:
Hmmm, none, that's why the americans are hysterical right now but the rest of the rest of the world doesn't really care, which is what I said in the first place.

Last edited:
Americans would be hysterical if they removed cheeseburgers from McDonald's menus.

People all around the world are pretty happy right now. Just look at Australia, they lost a few hundred of their own in the Bali bombing attacks alone. Same with New Zealand.
I think to say that noone else in the world cares is a bit far from the truth.

Americans would be hysterical if they removed cheeseburgers from McDonald's menus.

People all around the world are pretty happy right now. Just look at Australia, they lost a few hundred of their own in the Bali bombing attacks alone. Same with New Zealand.
I think to say that noone else in the world cares is a bit far from the truth.

I'm talking about the world. Not the English-speaking/Commonwealth world. I don't mean to be nasty or anything but really, most people in the world don't give a ****. Afghanis and Irakis for a start...Europeans probably don't care either...

I'm talking about the world. Not the English-speaking/Commonwealth world. I don't mean to be nasty or anything but really, most people in the world don't give a ****. Afghanis and Irakis for a start...Europeans probably don't care either...

Hm, I wonder what the families of those European victims would say.

Agreed, this changes pretty much nothing. But there are loads of people out there who think this is some sort of landmark day, mainly because the media gave this man a huge, inflated profile.

I can understand why people might be glad another ****** is wiped off the face of the earth. But parading in the street, seems kind of over the top. I have turned off my TV for now, it is getting ridicules.

Hm, I wonder what the families of those European victims would say.

I wonder too, but in anycase their loved ones are not coming back. Not everybody thinks "An eye for an eye" you know...Anyway that will be me on this topic.

I wonder too, but in anycase their loved ones are not coming back. Not everybody thinks "An eye for an eye" you know...Anyway that will be me on this topic.

Look I'm not suggesting that this will change anything, far from it. The retaliation could be severe. But there are a lot of happy people atm (outside of America)

As Charles said - this changes nothing
He's an old dieing man who's been on the run for the best part of 10 years - He won't have had anything to do with anything in a long time

Also, I thought the general consensus was that he was already dead? I'm sure years ago that there was something about him having kidney disease/failure because they new he was getting dialysis in Pakistan or something so they thought he'd be dead soon anyway, what with constantly being on the move etc. - maybe this is just the Americans trying to save face? [/conspiracy theory]

Im sure the Americans wanted Osama alive and I think Osama went out the way he wanted, in a blaze. Osama wouldnt have wanted photos of him being in US custody like the photos we saw of Saddam Hussein, I dont know Osama but Im sure he wouldnt have wanted to end up like Hussein.

I think its good they finally got him but wouldve been better if he was alive.

Also, I thought the general consensus was that he was already dead? I'm sure years ago that there was something about him having kidney disease/failure because they new he was getting dialysis in Pakistan or something so they thought he'd be dead soon anyway, what with constantly being on the move etc. - maybe this is just the Americans trying to save face? [/conspiracy theory]

I don't think there was ever any evidence for his death prior to this event. All the stories were just rumors at most, there was always someone, somewhere claiming he was dead.

Saying that, the evidence this time around isn't overly convincing. Apparently they DNA verified the body was his. But they had to bury the body within 24 hours (a muslim tradition), so they buried the body in the ocean....

Guess everyone will just have to wait and see, it could be weeks until all the details are released.

He interrupted my show again....

First my morning cartoons in 2001 and now I was watching Oprah and he interrupted again, this man hates my regular TV viewing (Oprah was a joke ;) I was really flicking channels honest)

I am very happy about this.

Then again though, there are two things that play on my mind:
  • Will there be a retaliation?
  • Will it change anything?

To be honest I think the answer to both is 'unlikely'. They would have planned for the eventuality of his death ever since 2001, so I doubt it'll change anything about the running of a terrorist organisation. Secondly, if we are to believe the press, terrorist attacks are thwarted by secret services a lot more than we realise. It will probably just be business as normal, but whether they are successful is another question.

Latest posts