• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Review Score

T

Trev@Swordfish

Apparently (Allegedly) the next issue of OPM has a review of RC2006 in it. I have not seen the copy, but it scored 7/10.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 6 2005, 12:01 AM
Apparently (Allegedly) the next issue of OPM has a review of RC2006 in it. I have not seen the copy, but it scored 7/10.
In my opinion I would say 7 seems a little harsh. From what I played I would have given it minimum 8.5.

Sure Locks would have given at least that if not more.

OPSM2 are renound for disliking rugby "because it's not football". I think they only gave WCR a 5 or 6, which was ridiculus.

Is this the uk may. OPS2 - UK? I can get it here, just more expensive than the oz version.

How could they review it so early, sounds like that review of RL2, a load of sh*t.

Yeah they'll probably say that it is out 'NOW' and have it as their game of the month and delay the prizes for a month or two or three.

That's ridiculous!

It's AT LEAST a 9/10 for me.

Best Rugby videogame by a country mile. They're idiots.

Originally posted by locksley+Nov 6 2005, 12:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Nov 6 2005, 12:06 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Nov 6 2005, 12:01 AM
That's ridiculous!

It's AT LEAST a 9/10 for me.

Best Rugby videogame by a country mile. They're idiots. [/b]
let us know after u go play it next week if it's still a 9/10..

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Nov 6 2005, 01:46 AM
OPSM2 are renound for disliking rugby "because it's not football". I think they only gave WCR a 5 or 6, which was ridiculus.
That seems pretty stupid on their behalf... That sort of thing wouldn't happen with the Aus OPSM, they don't have that sort of childish idiocy that sees some reviewers get shirty because "I prefer that sport so I can't give this game a good review"! They should be fired if they carry on like that! Why don't they just hire someone with an interest in Rugby?

Originally posted by sanzar+Nov 10 2005, 04:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Nov 10 2005, 04:54 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Nov 6 2005, 01:46 AM
That seems pretty stupid on their behalf... That sort of thing wouldn't happen with the Aus OPSM, they don't have that sort of childish idiocy that sees some reviewers get shirty because "I prefer that sport so I can't give this game a good review"! They should be fired if they carry on like that! Why don't they just hire someone with an interest in Rugby? [/b]
Their an asshole magazine that always slate non-football games "B-coz in 'aint PES".

Or somthing like that.

OPSM so desperatly wants to be a "Lads" mag, its almost funny. It contains the worst kind of consumer journalism, if not journalism in general. Its reviewers (I used the term loosely) are more interested in talking about themselves and what their Playstation-approved lifestyles involve than they are reviewing the games. I remember their WCR review, it had more paragraphs devoted to why football is better than rugby than it did describing the game and all its pros and cons.

Each month's issue is a w*&kfest for the under 16's. Its full of it!

PC Zone magazine, month in, month out, shows how to mix humour and factfilled reviews the correct way, most console games magazines are waaay behind.

This mag is in-store now ... I bought it in the airport yesterday.

It did give 7/10 with a half-page review.

When they reviewed WCR, they spent most of the review moaning that it wasn't football.

This time, they spent most of the review moaning that it wasn't cricket!

Considering the mag cost 6 quid, I wouldn't rush out and buy it - it hardly talks about the content in the game. I am sure someone will post the copy up here.

I can't post the copy myself - would be unethical.
<

How any one can take those reviews serious is beyond a joke and a classic is they always start their review with some bulls#$t like I don`t know anything about rugby but here goes! I always ask myself then why the hell is the mag getting somebody who knows nothing about the sport to review it
<

Too true. Do the Rugby genre justice and get some kind folk off here to do a review. Would be a great balance of humour and knowledge of the sport, let alone random comments/quotes....which would be hilarous...for example...

"I thought the rucking system was....Face, bothered?...great....etc"

Sorry
<

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Nov 18 2005, 06:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Nov 18 2005, 06:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Nov 6 2005, 12:01 AM

This mag is in-store now ... I bought it in the airport yesterday.

It did give 7/10 with a half-page review.

When they reviewed WCR, they spent most of the review moaning that it wasn't football.

This time, they spent most of the review moaning that it wasn't cricket!

Considering the mag cost 6 quid, I wouldn't rush out and buy it - it hardly talks about the content in the game. I am sure someone will post the copy up here.

I can't post the copy myself - would be unethical.
<
[/b]
I'v posted previous reviews on this site before, but since the WCR review in the official playstation magazine, I've lost all faith in the writers there and haven't bought an issue since!
<

sounds like another inept review by some idiot that is clueless about rugby. its a shame because people buy that mag and then some think that rc2006 will be crap based on the review which is wrong. luckily though there is trf where we can put the record straight and make sure people get the real deal and not some made up rubbish by an idiot

Mag reviews of rugby games of of absolutely no value whatsoever. They mean nothing at all.

Latest posts