• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reviewing the Review

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 25 2006, 05:06 PM
Ok, that's it! I vote Los be reinstated!
<
Seconded
<

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 25 2006, 04:06 PM
Ok, that's it! I vote Los be reinstated!
<
shucks...

but I fear your compadres would disagree....

I am not so easily riled now and am better behaved as I have a significant other now
<

but fear not, as I am still bitter and twisted by not yet getting the ultimate rugby or league game! lol!!!
<

I am only posting periodically now as I can't be arsed starting again etc (I had over 1500 posts or something when sacked and losing los hurt - unexpectedly)..So I just popped up again as this site is the best (by far) for intelligent debate on games as well as an invaluable sports source.

Keep up the good work.

<

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 25 2006, 04:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 25 2006, 04:56 PM)</div>
You see my beef was with lies and counter=productivity by Mario (when he pushed it further by denying it and insulting me - that was it....I bow to no one, hell, I'd knock Bush the f*** out if I ran into him in the street).[/b]
Would that be before or after the Secret Service shot you?

<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover

lol the los is back in town. every complained about rl 2 not living up to the hype and rc206 is failing as well but seems to be getting off a light more lightly. 

I'm sorry...I would like to agree or disagree accordingly with whatever you are saying...
[/b][/quote]

Haha, way to put Esoj in his place, be careful though, he might give you a verbal lashing of such epic proportions that he will hand you some tissues.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 25 2006, 04:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 25 2006, 04:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wow!aframeup!
@Jan 25 2006, 04:56 PM
You see my beef was with lies and counter=productivity by Mario (when he pushed it further by denying it and insulting me - that was it....I bow to no one, hell, I'd knock Bush the f*** out if I ran into him in the street).
Would that before or after the Secret Service shot you? [/b]

Nah! I hear ya ripper - but I'd go down swinging!!

But unless I am los lover himself and have the honour of my posts back and my status etc....I don't see that I have a case to answer from any of you.....that criticism or praise or whatever that everyone is talking is for los lover, if you want to deliver it, you can give me back my name.

"Just give them what they want!"
"But IT IS MY NAME!"
The Crucible

Thanks.
<

Peace and love.

PS - what was esoj saying!?

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 25 2006, 05:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 25 2006, 05:49 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 25 2006, 04:41 PM
@Jan 25 2006, 04:56 PM
You see my beef was with lies and counter=productivity by Mario (when he pushed it further by denying it and insulting me - that was it....I bow to no one, hell, I'd knock Bush the f*** out if I ran into him in the street).

Would that before or after the Secret Service shot you?

Nah! I hear ya ripper - but I'd go down swinging!!

But unless I am los lover himself and have the honour of my posts back and my status etc....I don't see that I have a case to answer from any of you.....that criticism or praise or whatever that everyone is talking is for los lover, if you want to deliver it, you can give me back my name.

"Just give them what they want!"
"But IT IS MY NAME!"
The Crucible

Thanks.
<

Peace and love.

PS - what was esoj saying!? [/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
lol the los is back in town. every complained about rl 2 not living up to the hype and rc206 is failing as well but seems to be getting off a light more lightly.[/b]

Laughing out loud, the one known as Los Lover (aka the "Crucible") is back in the township. Everyone complained about how Rugby League 2 isn't living up to the hype while Rugby Challenge 2006 is failing in living up to the hype as well, but seems to be getting off more lightly.

yeah something like that. and you can't have any tissues los because ripper used them all up in your absence and remained a mod somehow.

my point was that everyone rips into rl 2 any review etc but even though it failed to live up to its hype its getting off a lot more lightly than rl 2 did.

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 25 2006, 05:43 PM
yeah something like that. and you can't have any tissues los because ripper used them all up in your absence and remained a mod somehow.

my point was that everyone rips into rl 2 any review etc but even though it failed to live up to its hype its getting off a lot more lightly than rl 2 did.
RL2 isnt in the same league as RC2006. Thats why RC2006 isnt receiving as much stick, because it is a far superior game and not a joke of a sports game.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 25 2006, 07:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 25 2006, 07:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jan 25 2006, 05:43 PM

RL2 isnt in the same league as RC2006. Thats why RC2006 isnt receiving as much stick, because it is a far superior game and not a joke of a sports game. [/b]
Isn't recieving as much stick? Mate, I don't mean to point out the obvious, but it got 4/10 in one mag, and hasn't had a great average just yet.

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 25 2006, 04:27 PM
I am not so easily riled now and am better behaved as I have a significant other now
<
I always knew you were so wound up cause you had a full sack
<
Now try and behave so you can stay in the forum.

I have seen you starting to rant already remember what you learnt in
<
management course count to 10 Los

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 25 2006, 09:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 25 2006, 09:05 PM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 25 2006, 07:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jan 25 2006, 05:43 PM

RL2 isnt in the same league as RC2006. Thats why RC2006 isnt receiving as much stick, because it is a far superior game and not a joke of a sports game.
Isn't recieving as much stick? Mate, I don't mean to point out the obvious, but it got 4/10 in one mag, and hasn't had a great average just yet. [/b]
Ohhhhhh come on m8, what do magazine reviews have to do with anything ? RL2 got 2 9/10 ratings. So whats that all about ?

I was more refering to people on here and while there have been some negative points raised, I havent seen it take any of the kind of stick that RL2 has on here. Yes I know I am one of the main stick givers to RL2 but I was not alone. Has anyone slammed RC2006 yet to the extent RL2 ?

If I'm to be perfectly honest, I probably found WCR more enjoyable than RL2. Which is a suprise, as there were problems (fixable ones) that really ****** me off in that game.
I'm with Knowley on the whole control issue. You see, I'm a retard, I need as much control as I can get... RL2 was frustrating. WCR was fun for a while, but then tedious, then annoying, then frustrating.
If RC2006 extends the first period by about thrice as much, then I'd be a very campy hamper indeed.

Not saying you're a retard knowsley...

Originally posted by TheBokke+Jan 25 2006, 09:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 25 2006, 09:46 PM)</div>
@Jan 25 2006, 04:27 PM
<
I always knew you were so wound up cause you had a full sack
<
Now try and behave so you can stay in the forum.

I have seen you starting to rant already remember what you learnt in
<
management course count to 10 Los [/b]
lol!!

I will always rant, I must just rant impersonally and be more respectful, at least that's how I see it.

If I ever got my posts and name back (crucible style
<
) then I'd be a friggin' angel......I tell ya.

<<talking to myself>> = Hey Zeus Los, what did I say to thee? One post a week...one post a week......

I don't mind RL2....controls annoying, but there are a few tricks....I said b4 it came out though that those darn controls would kill us again (why put switch player on the face right beside pace and tackle? - it is like some cruel sadistic in-joke or something!!!)

Hell sight better than WCR IMO....but each to their own and all that.

<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 25 2006, 09:34 PM
I was more refering to people on here and while there have been some negative points raised, I havent seen it take any of the kind of stick that RL2 has on here. Yes I know I am one of the main stick givers to RL2 but I was not alone. Has anyone slammed RC2006 yet to the extent RL2 ?
No (well apart from a few game mag reviewers), but by the same token you guys made this game out to be perfect, and thus far most people have been far less glowing in their appraisal of it... but they are rugby union fans.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 26 2006, 12:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 26 2006, 12:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 25 2006, 09:34 PM
No (well apart from a few game mag reviewers), but by the same token you guys made this game out to be perfect, and thus far most people have been far less glowing in their appraisal of it... but they are rugby union fans. [/b]
If people disagree with what I say or have said, there isnt really anything I can do about that. They however can stop listening to what I say or at least take it with a big pinch of salt if they feel they need to.

Im a league fan, nothing more nothing less. I will play any rugby game, union or league although if the dream league game came out I probably wouldnt touch another rugby union game.

From what I got to play of Rc2006 I really loved it. It was thoroughly enjoyable and thats what I base my opinion on, my enjoyment of a game.

The pc version is now waiting for me at home so I will get to play it again later and im very much looking forward to it.

Mine is an opinion same as anyone elses, no more or less important. I think the spotlight obviously goes on what me or maybe lox say because our opinions can sometimes be ahead of time in the fact that the game isnt always out at the time.

To be honest I havent really said much about EA06 because I just think its better that people make up their own mind or find stuff out when they get their hands on it.

BTW Not sure I said it was perfect, although I did say it was very, very good and I was more than pleasantly surprised by it. Feel free to correct me though if you find my ramblings on it and the word perfect is in there
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 25 2006, 11:51 PM
BTW Not sure I said it was perfect, although I did say it was very, very good and I was more than pleasantly surprised by it. Feel free to correct me though if you find my ramblings on it and the word perfect is in there
<
Nah you never said it was perfect, but you boys did set it up for a fall in my opinion with the amount of praise you gave it... a bit like that reviewer giving RL2 9/10. I mean St Helen's thread ***led "Rugby Challenge 06 > You", was a bit over the top I thought.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 26 2006, 12:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 26 2006, 12:56 AM)</div>
@Jan 25 2006, 11:51 PM
<
Nah you never said it was perfect, but you boys did set it up for a fall in my opinion with the amount of praise you gave it... a bit like that reviewer giving RL2 9/10. I mean St Helen's thread ***led "Rugby Challenge 06 > You", was a bit over the top I thought. [/b]
Opinions are very different and by that token we will always get this kind of situation. Im sure if you had done a pre release review of RL2 I would have disagreed.

RL2 for you is still being played.
RL2 for me was over within the first 30 seconds.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 26 2006, 12:07 AM
Opinions are very different and by that token we will always get this kind of situation. Im sure if you had done a pre release review of RL2 I would have disagreed.

Well actually, you may not have, because the first few days I had with RL2 I was pretty luke warm about it to be honest... It took me a while to get into before I liked it. Certain things have helped its playability though, like the sliders and me getting a PC controller with a turbo button so I just hold sprint now (seriously, this adds heaps to the gameplay, especially against the AI because your backs don't get caught by forwards anywhere near as much!)... But yeah, you're right in that we'll all have points of contention.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 26 2006, 01:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 26 2006, 01:07 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 26 2006, 12:56 AM
<

Nah you never said it was perfect, but you boys did set it up for a fall in my opinion with the amount of praise you gave it... a bit like that reviewer giving RL2 9/10. I mean St Helen's thread ***led "Rugby Challenge 06 > You", was a bit over the top I thought.

RL2 for me was over within the first 30 seconds. [/b]
Opinions are like arseholes.......we all have one.

As for RL2......wow! do you hate that game bro!!!! lol! But bear in mind much of your hate is biased, becos you love league so much and wanted it to be so damn good....well, when it fell short you have thought of it since as an enemy that crossed you in the dead of the night and you will not sleep to you have your revenge.

I was expecting a passable game and that is wjhat I got. If I had also thought it would be sensational...I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole either.

so I hear ya.
<

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 26 2006, 12:18 AM
The saying goes:

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, but think everyone elses stink.
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I was expecting a passable game and that is wjhat I got. If I had also thought it would be sensational...I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole either.

so I hear ya. [/b]

Yeah, I'd say that's probably why I have got a bit out of it... I was really pumped for the game for ages, and then because of all the delays I started to get disinterested in it and wasn't really expecting much anymore.

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 26 2006, 01:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 26 2006, 01:18 AM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 26 2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 26 2006, 12:56 AM
<

As for RL2......wow! do you hate that game bro!!!! lol! But bear in mind much of your hate is biased, becos you love league so much and wanted it to be so damn good....well, when it fell short you have thought of it since as an enemy that crossed you in the dead of the night and you will not sleep to you have your revenge.

so I hear ya.
<
[/b]
I think the thing that really did it for me is that I dont think it is as good as RL1 which I was still playing when RL2 was released.

I know most people think its a step up from RL1 and im probably in a minority but I just dont think its as good. Forget the franchise and features, yeah sure its better in that respect, but im talking about gameplay and for me it doesnt stack up.

Your right in that I hate it with a passion becasue I do feel betrayed and annoyed that my sport imo has been ****'ed up somthing chronic.

I take some of the responsibility of that in that after RL1 which I really loved I built it up in that I never dreamed it possible it would be a backward step.

Gutted wasnt the word ! However I could have just got over it and taken it back to the shop like Mario suggested.
<

Latest posts