• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFU rules against London Welsh

Heard that Newcastle are considering legal action if Welsh win the appeal. Ridiculous really, they finished bottom so can't throw their toys out of the pram if they go down...

On another note, would love to see the WRU and the regions sending a couple of youngsters over there, unlikely though due to the salary cap cuts to the squads. There were rumours a few years back of plans for the WRU to chuck funding at them, and for them and the Ospreys to start a player sharing agreement. Dunno if anything came of it.
Anyway, c'mon Welsh!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

Guessing that might have something to do with Sonny Parker heading there then. Didn't realise Joe Ajuwa was there either

Heard that Newcastle are considering legal action if Welsh win the appeal. Ridiculous really, they finished bottom so can't throw their toys out of the pram if they go down...

On another note, would love to see the WRU and the regions sending a couple of youngsters over there, unlikely though due to the salary cap cuts to the squads. There were rumours a few years back of plans for the WRU to chuck funding at them, and for them and the Ospreys to start a player sharing agreement. Dunno if anything came of it.
Anyway, c'mon Welsh!

Massively agreed with the first sentence. Although, everything I've heard says Newcastle were ok with this.

I thought London Welsh had tried getting the WRU tie-in thing and the RFU, somewhat to their discredit, screamed very loudly at them until they agreed to drop it.

Well punch me in the thigh and call me Joanna. (don't)

The RFU have granted promotion to London Welsh, lets be honest they should have given it first time but it's good to see rewards given to them as they fully deserve it.

Massively agreed with the first sentence. Although, everything I've heard says Newcastle were ok with this.

I thought London Welsh had tried getting the WRU tie-in thing and the RFU, somewhat to their discredit, screamed very loudly at them until they agreed to drop it.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/...elsh-premiership-rugby?cat=sport&type=article

That's where I saw it, though after re reading, I might have been suckered in by a sensationalist headline as it days Newcastle have only 'indicated' to legal action... Bloody journalists

Anyway, now to to ths real news of the promotion. When does Gavin Henson sign for them? :D:p

Cheers Thingimubob - that's more reaction than I'd heard of previously, I hope they just shut the f**k up and get on with it tbh.

Anyone got a link to this being officially said (the promotion that is)?

Bit of a hiccup - no official statement until 6.30pm, everyone's just assuming they've gone up and the BBC have gone with it (and have now removed the story!).

So Welsh are into the Aviva Premiership and Newcastle out!!

Justice has been done....one hopes that they are also awarded theirr costs but even then this delay will have weakened their chances of staying up with possible loss of people they wanted to sign? I sincerely wish them well for the next season and trust that this will never again happen..................some hope when the RFU is present!!

It is still up on Teletext...........................

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine they have gotten in, it'll just be the RFU wanting to make their announcement first (despite it being leaked 30mins previously!).

Really wasn't expecting this outcome considering the RFU's track record. Great news for London Welsh, it'll be great to see such a famous brand back in the top tier. Will be interesting to see if they can bring in some quality players, wouldn't be at all surprised to see Henson sign with them for example. Lyn Jones can get the best out of Gav I think.

Awesome Awesome News :D :D :D Congrats to all involved :D Now lets hope they can do the talking on the pitch :D

Also let's hope/not hope (depending on your stance) for the transfer rumor being true :D :D Unleash the Orange One!

As I said on Twitter just rewards for their hard work. Good luck to them.

A quote from John Taylor (their managing director) with regard to their transfer situation:

Suddenly, every agent in the world seems to be in contact offering players but we are well aware those who would be first on our wish list are just not available so the challenge is even greater but we are moving swiftly to make sure we are competitive when we kick-off on September 1.
The biggest difference between a Championship and a Premiership team is probably in the pack so - as was mentioned in these columns yesterday - it is no surprise that adding size and power is deemed a priority. The other key area is obviously at half-back - speculate as you will!

Latest posts