• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFU rules against London Welsh

I don't see what point of view you are arguing now. Elighten me, so your point is if it was anyone but a London team that have been denied promotion then its wrong but because they are they shoudn't be allowed promotion?

jjlaff.png

Ah! That old chestnut. Love how your making this a plucky Welsh team taking on the big arrogant English RFU. Its nothing to do with ring fencing, Exeter and Leeds have both been promoted so I dont see where this fence is. If we need to relegate Watford, Wycome Wasps and Reading Irish too then fine. If Exeter are able to develop there own ground with their fan base then so should everyone else who wants to play in the Premiership.

Ahhhhh, I see your making this into a Welsh vs. English cock swinging fest. It is ring fenced, teams have stopped being promoted.

Also teams like Welsh want to play in the Premiership so who are you to deny them.

Also if you want to throw petty insults and getting sarcy, not a good idea.

Last edited:
From a neutral point of view it does seem like Welsh, along with any other club that has been denied promotion on the basis of these rules is being hard done by. Considering that there are clubs already in the Premiership that break them, surely the policy should be to allow Welsh up with the groundsharing at Oxford and give them 2 years to get their stadium sorted. Similarly, if the likes of Wasps, Bath, etc. don't have their grounds sorted in two years, they should be relegated.

Ahhhhh, I see your making this into a Welsh vs. English cock swinging fest. It is ring fenced, teams have stopped being promoted.

Also if you want to throw petty insults and getting sarcy, not a good idea.

You came out with the arrogant line but obviously thats ok as your a mod.

Teams have not been promoted because they dont fit the critiera set by the RFU, teams that have met it such as Leeds, Worcester, Northampton and Exeter have been promoted. So where is the ring fencing.

Think I should put my cards on the table here as its getting a bit daft (which I am partly responsible for).....Tigers is not my only club. I live in Nottingham and have followed them for many years, Gary Rees used to be a regular in my pub and I remember the days when the likes of Brian Moore and Chris Gray would play at the old Ireland avenue ground. In the professional era Nottingham could not compete at the top level, its not the biggest of towns and with 2 soccer teams, an successful Ice hockey side and a good county cricket team that even if they built a 10K stadium they would never be able to half fill it most of the time. But no one at the club seemed to grasp that fact so they sold Ireland avenue to a builder in the hope of "hitting the big time". Oh dear they didnt get the money they should have from sale and ended up ground sharing with with Notts county who then when it looked like a big spending invester form the middle east was coming in decided to kick their "egg chasing" mates out and it was only a court order that stopped Nottingham Rfc being without a home. As it turned out the Notts county investers turned out to be crooks ( LMFAO when I found out) and all of a sudden Nottingham RFC were welcome back at meadow lane. They still stuggle on in the Championship and I go and watch from time to time but its a souless sad mainly empty ground they play in, like lots of Rugby teams they think big ground, big crowds, Premiership rugby big success but it almost always doesnt end up like that. I would love it if Nottingham were back at their old home, wouldnt bother me if they were in a lower league but they would still be the club in Nottingham not some franchise type of affair sharing a ground with its footballing betters. London Welsh are a great club with a great history at Deer park and I really feel for the fans there if they do go up because its going to be them loosing all their history like Nottingham did. They will be the ones having to do a 110 mile round trip to watch their team play in another city not you TRF Cymbro all for this big "prize" that they dont have the resources or fan base to sustain its ok to get mad and angry about the RFU making stupid decisions I hate them too but this is about being realistic as much as most of you hate to admit it London Welsh will not survive in the Premiership and they could destroy themselves if they went u and in 2 seasons time they will be stuggling in front of 500 fans from Oxford in a ground they could barely afford to rent.

Clubs are there for the people in the surrounding areas thats why they start in the first place the London Welsh board should consider that before they push this promotion thing too hard because I would hate it to all end in tears and unless you have followed a club that have been stung by over ambition you cannot really understand.

You came out with the arrogant line but obviously thats ok as your a mod.

Teams have not been promoted because they dont fit the critiera set by the RFU, teams that have met it such as Leeds, Worcester, Northampton and Exeter have been promoted. So where is the ring fencing.

You've actually answered your own question there. The is an element of ring fencing in the criteria the RFU are setting. It's entirely unfair that teams looking to enter the league have to abide by rules which teams already in the league can seemingly ignore.

Lovely statement.

Sadly it's another one of those you can say that because your staff and point the finger at me because I staff, but then I am one of a number of people who dedicate our times trying to deal with cretins on the board but you don't see us going out and pointing our fingers at members like some do with us staff.

Also good to see you have the decency to spell my username correct.

Lastly my trip would be a lot more than 100 miles round but if I can get to a London Welsh game at Oxford next year I will, but it's tough when you are actually playing the game. Thanks for the cheap shot mind, but then it's expected when someone tries to make out its a Wales vs. English thing.

For your information also I am pretty clued up with London Welsh history. So I understand what it involves for the club. I can't be there for games but that does not make me less of a fan because of it.

Last edited:
Wait, did you just call LW a Welsh team????

I suppose you'll call Irish "Irish" next. Rofl.

Lovely statement.

Sadly it's another one of those you can say that because your staff and point the finger at me because I staff, but then I am one of a number of people who dedicate our times trying to deal with cretins on the board but you don't see us going out and pointing our fingers at members like some do with us staff.

Also good to see you have the decency to spell my username correct.

Lastly my trip would be a lot more than 100 miles round but if I can get to a London Welsh game at Oxford next year I will, but it's tough when you are actually playing the game. Thanks for the cheap shot mind, but then it's expected when someone tries to make out its a Wales vs. English thing.

For your information also I am pretty clued up with London Welsh history. So I understand what it involves for the club. I can't be there for games but that does not make me less of a fan because of it.

Do you actually read everything or just pull out the stuff to be offended by? Not sure me you will ever see eye to eye and to be honest I couldnt care less

Do you actually read everything or just pull out the stuff to be offended by? Not sure me you will ever see eye to eye and to be honest I couldnt care less

Pull out stuff that needs to be debated.

If you don't care why keep on piping up?

Pull out stuff that needs to be debated.

If you don't care why keep on piping up?

No I meant I dont care about you. Everything I ever say upsets you in some way. I put my cards on the table regarding London welsh and all you did was moan I spelt your name wrong.

Not sure what your problemis but Im not going to lose sleep over it.

Sigh another typical Welsh and English argument leading to nowhere :)

No I meant I dont care about you. Everything I ever say upsets you in some way. I put my cards on the table regarding London welsh and all you did was moan I spelt your name wrong.

Not sure what your problemis but Im not going to lose sleep over it.

Lol, are you some big cheese because you reek of arrogance. I moaned more than just my name, but it's courtesy to spell names correctly.

Lol, are you some big cheese because you reek of arrogance. I moaned more than just my name, but it's courtesy to spell names correctly.

oh yeah you moaned about me making cheap shots and you call me arrogant! oh the irony.

Im not a big cheese are you teacher?

OK Cymro (think thats how you spell it) will do you a favour and leave. Dont like falling out with people but you obviously have problem and I have better things to do with my time.

Take care

Tallshort

OK Cymro (think thats how you spell it) will do you a favour and leave. Dont like falling out with people but you obviously have problem and I have better things to do with my time.

Take care

Tallshort

Just to point out to anyone, I have not asked him to leave and I don't have a problem with him.

Just to point out to anyone, I have not asked him to leave and I don't have a problem with him.

Bah, cynics. This is like TRF equivalent of a YouTube comment war; undesired. I don't doubt you at all Cymro!

I'm sorry to be stirring, but if you have better things to do with your time don't be wasting it flouncing on a rugby forum.

Ok?