LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
Saw the news just now.

A massive loss to the rugby community, a man who put rugby on the global scene in a big way. Who redefined the wing position. A man who influence in modern rugby can be still be seen.

You will be missed but your legacy will always be with us.

RIP

Last edited:
In 7th form he was visiting schools - collecting used cell phones to raise money for Star Ship hospital. Principal didn't accept his invitation as she didn't think there would be much interest. So me and some mates asked him to come and speak to us during a lunch time. I got to chill with him for a few hours before lunch, and then the whole school turned up to see him (I went to a very non-rugby related school). Was pretty special for me. RIP big man. There will probably not be another Lomu in our lifetime.

The best ball carrier in rugby history and the first superstar in our sport. He did a lot for the grow of rugby in non tradicional places.

Thanks Jonah! You are a legend forever!

Terrible news. I knew he'd had issues with his health with his kidneys, but thought that was being managed some how.

Very great man both on and off the field. RIP Jonah.

Oh No!!!
He made me love Rugby, seriously, he did, I was so pumped up when I started to watch his videos on youtube, there I started to really LOVE the sport, because of Jonah.

RIP LEGEND!

RIP big fella. You will always be remembered as one of the greats in world rugby.

For those who haven't heard of it or seen it the documentary Anger Within is a must watch IMO.

Last edited:
Jonah understood that he was always on borrowed time and was never going to make old bones, nonetheless, it is very sad news

From the documentary, the most poignant moment for me was his meeting with Joost van der Westuizen, himself suffering from Motor Neurone disease. Real "lump in the threat" stuff.

A very special photo

558993ddaf9bb83145000000.jpg

RIP Big Fella!

I'll never forget watching that probable/possible game with my old man, watching this new guy Jonah do what he did best. FYI Jonah was a counties man too!!! RIP you legend

- - - Updated - - -

The game in the afterlife just got much tougher. May he rest in peace and his family have comfort in a difficult moment like that. He will never be forgotten by those who had the privilege of seeing him playing and by the whole rugby family worldwide.
Thanks for making the game greater

Last edited:
RIP Jonah.

[video]https://youtu.be/mYyJQYxAVU4[/video]

We will remember you.

Terrible news. I knew he'd had issues with his health with his kidneys, but thought that was being managed some how.

Very great man both on and off the field. RIP Jonah.

Could not have put it better! RIP to the man known by everyone, rugby supporter or not!

Latest posts