• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RIP Jonah Lomu the legend.

Rip Jonah, you were an absolute legend of rugby. God Bless. condolences to his family. he was such lovely Man

No disrespect to them, but you look after your own and Lomu was our own. Lomu's death isn't as big a tragedy as a great many things but it is a tragedy for rugby to have someone so iconic taken so young. I'm not sure I'd suggest it for a single England player alive if they were to die in their old age, not even St J of W, but Lomu, aye I think it's appropriate.

Well said

Rest Easy Big man

Will always look back on the 1995 I think it was RWC and the image of Jonah trampling all over thenEngland Defence

he he!!

Jonah-Jerry%20Cartoon.jpeg

Struggling to accept this. Don't really know what to say. Man was an absolute legend.
Keith Richards is still going, but Jonah has to die young? How f****ed is that?
Will miss the big fella. #The Greatest.

Rugby players die all the time man. Hundreds die in bombings of states and terrorist groups with little or no recognition. No need to go over board. He was a legend but there have been many legends of the past that were too old to receive proper recognition, Jackie Kyle for example.

I take your point, and it's a good one. I'm not even sure why I feel this way, but Jonah feels, well, different. Anyway, just a thought.

Rugby players die all the time man. Hundreds die in bombings of states and terrorist groups with little or no recognition. No need to go over board. He was a legend but there have been many legends of the past that were too old to receive proper recognition, Jackie Kyle for example.

Well I think it depends on different factors. I have no doubt in my mind that at the Beginning of the Super Rugby tournament in 2016, some form of minute of silence or tribute will be used by the NZ teams, perhaps even the other nations too.

In South Africa we always have a minute of silence before the match if a player of the Union has died and that team is playing. If the deceased has played for the Springboks, then all the home teams have a minute of silence prior to the matches.

I think South Africa will certainly show the proper tribute to Jonah, out of respect for the man and what he has done for Rugby, and his humanitarian contributions in South Africa.

Rest in peace Jonah Lomu. The world has lost a great player and one of the best ever wingers. I'll never forget how he took the 1995 Rugby World Cup by storm. He captured the imagination of this 13 year old laaitie at the time and I'm sure many other people as well. I remember how he was at his absolute destructive best against England. Right after the game Will Carling called Lomu a 'freak' and I'm sure Mike Catt would have agreed.

2 canes in one year :(

if cullen goes i'm taking a weeks leave :(

RIP JL a true Legend!

I don't even know what to say, It's like I lost a friend.

I'm almost looking forward to joining him in heaven so I can watch him play again.

Would love to submit a comment about meeting him when he was at Cardiff. Unfortunately I never had the pleasure.
A giant in the game, a giant outside the game.
I never heard a bad word said against the man. Humble hero. (hero is an inspiration to others)
He really was the first 'world star' of rugby, and we, who love the sport, owe him a lot for his accidental 'smack in the face' and welcome to professionalism.
I'm not ashamed to admit I shed more than one tear when I heard the news.

RIP Jonah.

At least you got to see the All Blacks win back to back Rugby World Cup.
#AllBlacksBrothers

Latest posts