• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RLWC Game 9 - England vs Ireland

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Venue: John Smith Stadium, Huddersfield (game is SOLD OUT)
Time: 2:30pm
TV: BBC 1 and BBC Online

Huge game for both teams at the SOLD OUT John Smith Stadium today as England and Ireland vie for qualification. The hosts need a win to get themselves on the board and Ireland you feel are in the last chance saloon as they face Australia next, a game they could well do without needing to win.

Here are your squads:

England squad: Carl Ablett (Leeds Rhinos), Tom Briscoe (Leeds Rhinos), George Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Thomas Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Rob Burrow (Leeds Rhinos), Rangi Chase (Castleford Tigers), Leroy Cudjoe (Huddersfield Giants), Liam Farrell (Wigan Warriors), Brett Ferres (Huddersfield Giants), James Graham (Canterbury Bulldogs), Ryan Hall (Leeds Rhinos), Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves), Sean O'Loughlin (Wigan Warriors), James Roby (St Helens), Kevin Sinfield (Leeds Rhinos, captain), Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors), Kallum Watkins (Leeds Rhinos), Ben Westwood (Warrington Wolves), Gareth Widdop (Melbourne Storm).

Ireland squad: Dave Allen (Widnes), Luke Ambler (Halifax), Bob Beswick (Leigh), Damien Blanch (Catalan Dragons), Danny Bridge (Warrington), Ben Currie (Warrington), Liam Finn (Featherstone, captain), Simon Finnigan (Leigh), Kurt Haggerty (Barrow), James Hasson (Manly), Rory Kostjasyn (North Queensland), Stuart Littler (Leigh), Tyrone McCarthy (Warrington), James Mendeika (Warrington), Anthony Mullally (Huddersfield), Apirana Pewhairangi (Parramatta), Pat Richards (Wigan), Joshua Toole (St George Illawarra), Brett White (Canberra).

Having this and the England vs. Australia union game on at the same time seems bloody daft. Had one been after the other no doubt a lot of casual fans (like me) would watch both. Don't know which side is to blame, but it's poorly orchestrated.

Anyway, we're going to get thumped.

Having this and the England vs. Australia union game on at the same time seems bloody daft. Had one been after the other no doubt a lot of casual fans (like me) would watch both. Don't know which side is to blame, but it's poorly orchestrated.

Anyway, we're going to get thumped.

Just one of those things mate - this has been organised for an eternity. A 24,000 sell out suggests we've got it right though.

It's 24-0 to England after 20 minutes. If Sinfield had his kicking boots on it would be 30-0.

30-0 now, Ireland need to stem the tide or this will get messy.

30-0 at half time, Ireland have stopped the flow but you'd be surprised if England don't go on to rack up a score.

Have to agree with Feic not great timing on the RFU's part to put their game against this not very classy, (I'm sure this one was scheduled ages before that one) dosne't look like I've missed a lot though.

That may or may not be the case but there are severe restrictions on dates and times that Twickers can be used by the local authorities to protect the residents and traffic!!

It is what it is.

Neither code can afford to worry about the other. It's unfortunate that England play on the same day on both codes but we've been aware this could happen for 5 years. It would nice to watch both but Twickenham is sold out and it is at Huddersfield as well.

I would say that's a successful day for both teams. I'm sat here watching the league and checking the score in the union because that's what I prefer. Some of you will be watching union and glancing at the league score. It's not a ploy by the RFU I don't think - the autumn internationals are played at the same time every year and the RLWC always takes place in October/November.

Just one of those unfortunate things.

36-0. England have eased off, Ireland have tightened it up and the weather has deteriorated. Second half has not been a spectacle.

42-0 full time. Ireland have restricted England to just 12 points in 55 minutes but the damage was done very early on. Not much of a spectacle but England have been clinical if not massively impressive. Ireland have been plucky but that does nothing at this level. Moral booster ahead of the Fiji game next week, who are going to be a handful in their pack.

Very good game by England. Ireland were completely overclassed. Great day for the English fans.

Latest posts