• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 10: Reds v Bulls

D

Dumbo

Reds (ranked 12th, 3rd to last) take on the Bulls (5th on the ladder), Both teams are going into the game with a win behind them. The Reds have returned from a mixed South African tour and will be happy to be playing at home.

Cordingley and Moore should be back,dont know about Latham

Look who's playing for the Bulls....

Bulls send SOS to Van der Westhuyzen

Sunday April 09 2006

Two fly-halves and a fullback on the doubtful list
With two fly-halves and a fullback on the doubtful list, Bulls coach Heyneke Meyer at the weekend sent an SOS to Springbok fly-half Jaco van der Westhuyzen to join his team in Australia, ahead of their final tour match against the Reds on Saturday.

Van der Westhuyzen flew out of South Africa on Saturday, after playing for the Blue Bulls in a Vodacom Cup match against the Eagles in George on Friday night - his first game back after six months on the sideline, following knee surgery last year.

It is a given that Van der Westhuyzen will play for the Bulls against the Reds in a crucial Round 10 fixture at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

What is not so sure is what position he will play in.

The Bulls coach has a major injury cloud hanging over his team.

Derick Hougaard suffered an ankle injury against the Blues in Week Eight and missed last Saturday's 26-all draw against the Chiefs in Hamilton.

Morné Steyn, making his first start at fly-half for the Bulls against the Chiefs, injured his ankle and is now also on the doubtful list.

And fullback Johan Roets injured his knee against the Chiefs, which also makes him a doubtful starter.

Against the Chiefs Wynand Olivier shifted to fly-half after Steyn left the field, which obvio0usly had a disruptive influence.

If neither of the two fly-halves recover in time for the Reds encounter, then Van der Westhuyzen will obviously wear the No.10 jersey, which will leave Olivier clear to cover fullback - where he played for the Bulls in a pre-season game.

But if one of the fly-halves is fit and Roets is ruled out, Van der Westhuyzen will most likely play at No.15.

Meyer made it clear at the weekend that he did not want to take any chances with both his fly-halves on the doubtful list.

If the Bulls manage a win against the Reds on Saturday, it will be their most successful Australasian tour in 11 years of Super 12/14 rugby. They have never won two games on tour before. They already have a win, a draw and a bonus-point loss (for eight league points) from their current trip.
[/b]

LINK

Glad to see Jaco back, playing for a South African franchise :cheers: . The Bulls should win this game.

Originally posted by Stormer@Apr 11 2006, 12:46 PM
So Jaco betrayed us! KILL THE TRAITOR!! :rahh:
How could he have betrayed you if he never played for you?

He probably thought it would be too embarrassing to play for the stormers. :D

REDS TEAM

1. Greg Holmes
2. Sean Hardman
3. Rodney Blake
4. Mark Connors
5. James Horwill
6. Tom McVerry
7. David Croft
8. John Roe
9. Josh Valentine
10. Berrick Barnes
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Julian Huxley
13. Ben Tune
14. Peter Hynes
15. Chris Latham

16. Stephen Moore
17. Anthony Mathison
18. Cameron Treloar
19. Mitchell Chapman
20. Nic Berry
21. Lloyd Johansson
22. Caleb Brown

Latham and Moore are back, Cordingley still injured

Reds will win........ no doubt about it.

Good to see Latham back but without Cordingley (plus returning from SA) I'm not to sure about the Reds taking this one

Reds team is starting to look good with Tune back at 13 and Latham at fullback with Barnes the 10.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 13 2006, 05:20 PM
Reds will win........ no doubt about it.
Do you have some personal issue with the Bulls? You always vote against them in every game they've played thus far. You even said the Force will win without a doubt!!
I'm sorry friend, but you will be dissapointed yet again this weekend. Bulls will take this one easily!

Lets have a little bet then

If the bulls win i'll change my sig to a Bulls pic of your choice for a week

If the Reds win you change your sig to a Reds pic of my choice for a week

You up for it?

Originally posted by give_it_horns@Apr 13 2006, 04:18 PM
Deal!
Good :D

By the way i have nothing against the Bulls im just not impressed at all by the way they've played this year.

They have one of the best wingers in the world who they never give the ball to,he has to get his own interceptions just to get a touch.

There scrum(which was always there strong point)is the worst its been in years and there attack is non-existent...... the only solid part of there game at the moment seems to be there line-outs.

Hougard has won most of there games for them of his own boot, well he aint playing so i think they might struggle to score this week.

I guess we'll soon see.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Apr 13 2006, 08:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-give_it_horns
@Apr 13 2006, 04:18 PM
Deal!
Good :D

By the way i have nothing against the Bulls im just not impressed at all by the way they've played this year.

They have one of the best wingers in the world who they never give the ball to,he has to get his own interceptions just to get a touch.

There scrum(which was always there strong point)is the worst its been in years and there attack is non-existent...... the only solid part of there game at the moment seems to be there line-outs.

Hougard has won most of there games for them of his own boot, well he aint playing so i think they might struggle to score this week.

I guess we'll soon see. [/b]
All valid points, and I agree with you to a degree.

But you have to admit, last week against the Chiefs, they changed their style of play a bit, trying to get the ball wide. Scrums are still way below par... sad considering the weight they have.

I hope this week they draw the man first before they pass, where last week, a few times, they spread it wide too quickly, and finally ran out of space.

Well worked out... think though you both could be a bit more creative on the sig ownership... but well worked out

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 13 2006, 08:08 PM
Lets have a little bet then

If the bulls win i'll change my sig to a Bulls pic of your choice for a week

If the Reds win you change your sig to a Reds pic of my choice for a week

You up for it?
The Reds won't win :cheers:

Pigs arse

You bloody Queenslanders are the most fickle fans in the world.

They will win

Head to Head:
Reds: 15 Chris Latham, 14 Peter Hynes, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Julian Huxley, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 John Roe, 7 David Croft, 6 Tom McVerry, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mark Connors, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Sean Hardman, 1 Greg Holmes.
Replacements: 16 Stephen Moore, 17 Anthony Mathison, 18 Cameron Treloar, 19 Mitchell Chapman, 20 Nic Berry, 21 Lloyd Johansson, 22 Caleb Brown

Vodacom Bulls: 15 Johan Roets, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 Rudi Coetzee, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Pedrie Wannenburg, 7 Jacques Cronjé, 6 Tim Dlulane, 5 Victor Matfield (captain), 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Andries Human, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Jaco Engels.
Replacements: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Danie Thiart, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Pierre Spies, 20 Heinie Adams, 21 Jaco van der Westhuyzen, 22 JP Nel
------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to the Truth and give_it_horns this one takes on a whole new interest... best of luck to the winner

Latest posts