• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 10. Reds v Sharks

D

Dumbo

The Reds after a week off take on the Sharks who lost against the Force last week.
Should be an interesting game for the Reds as this is a golden opportunity for the Reds to get one over the Sharks.
Although I’m sure after last week that the Sharks will be looking to up their performance.

I’m thinking that the reds can do this one, after watching the Sharks last week â€" they just looked out of sorts, if they continue that form then the Reds can take it in a close one.

Any news on injuries for the Reds?

Barnes,McMenimen and Schifcofske should be back for this one.. so yeah.. the Reds are in with a decent chance.

Looking forward to seeing who gets selected, starting to sound promising for the reds

Reds team named:

15. Clinton Schifcofske
14. Andrew Walker
13. Ben Tune
12. Berrick Barnes
11. Peter Hynes
10. Quade Cooper
9. Nic Berry
8. John Roe (captain)
7. David Croft
6. Mitch Chapman
5. James Horwill
4. Hugh McMeniman
3. David Te Moana
2. Stephen Moore
1. Tama Tuirirangi

16. Sean Hardman
17. Herman Hunt
18. Ed O'Donoghue
19. Tom McVerry
20. Will Genia
21. Andrew Brown
22. Brando Va'aulu

McMeniman,Barnes,Schifcofske,Hardman and A.Brown all return from injury.

Front row still has issues, but apart from that it looks like a very good team... the best they've put out since round one.

Could be an upset on the cards here.

Reds by 1

FMD that backline looks good. And still got Caleb Brown to add to the backline.

go sharks
we will bounce back!

i am going to the game so im starting to get pumped...

reds have a chance now with some of their frontline players returning. I still think the sharks will too classy and will get the win by points

1 Deon Carstens
2 John Smit
3 BJ Botha
4 AJ Venter
5 Johann Muller
6 Jacques Botes
7 Bob Skinstad
8 Ryan Kankowski
9 Ruan Pienaar
10 Butch James
11 JP Pietersen
12 Bradley Barritt
13 Waylon Murray
14 Odwa Ndungane
15 Francois Steyn
16 Bismarck du Plessis
17 Tendai Mtawarira
18 Albert van den Berg
19 Warren Britz
20 Keegan Daniel
21 Rory Kockott
22 Adrian Jacobs

* Captain - John Smit
* Barrit returns from injury.
* Montgomery not fit in time to make return.
* Second consecutive start for Skinstad.

Pretty handy-looking Sharks side there, especialy with big AJ in the 2nd row, Smit starting at 2 and the propping duo of Carstens and Botha- ouch!

This is an absolute must-win for the boys from Durbs in order to stop the slide of recent weeks, and also in order to get back on track for a semi spot. After the rubbish served up by them the last 2 weeks, I suspect there might just be some bruised ego`s looking to enhance their reputations again, by playing rugby. At least, I hope so.

Sharks leading 7-3 after 19 mins, try from AJ Venter

Sharks leading 12-10 after 27 mins

Queensland Reds
PENK 10 Min (Schifcofske)
TRY 23 Min (Roe)
CONV 24 Min (Schifcofske)
Sharks
TRY 4 Min (Venter)
CONV 5 Min (Pienaar)
TRY 26 Min (Pietersen)

Sharks 59
Tries: Pietersen 2, Venter 2, Botes, Barritt, Murray, Du Plessis, Daniel
Conversions: Pienaar 4, Steyn 3
Penalties: Pienaar

Reds 16
Tries: Roe
Conversions: Schifcofske
Penalties: Schifcofske 3

The second blow out for the night. I thought that the sharks would win by not that much.

Too much pressure going on Quade it seems. Probably need to be pushed to 12 just to let him run it and not worry about carrying the whole backline.

Once again the 2nd half let the Reds down.

Classical Sharks rugby of the late 90`s really- subdue up front, penetrate with the backs in the 2nd half. Just too bad they left their A-game at home in the previous 2 rounds, but still sitting pretty in position no. 3 on the log. And they stopped the slide!

the sharks backline looked crisp and smooth in the second half

the reds look horrible, no creativity, almost like a rugby league backline

I wondered how long it would take before somebody mentioned Diet Rugby and the Reds in the same sentence.......

Seriously though, Brad Barritt has really come to the fore this season, and might just be pushing for Bok selection at this early stage, as is Waylon Murray, who seems to have spent a lot of time during the off season working on his hand skills, time well spent IMO. Looking good for the Sharks for the Currie Cup later this year.

Latest posts