• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 10: Waratahs v Brumbies

D

Dumbo

Match of Round 10.
The Tah’s (ranked 2nd on the ladder) take on the Brumbies (ranked equal 3rd) in Sydney. Tah’s lost to the Canes last week and the Brumbies pumped the Cheetahs (who now have to go on and play the Crusaders). Finally the big showdown of who’s who in Australia. Personally I’m leaning towards the Tah’s (any chance of Rogers back in the line up?).

Wohooo… big game...

this is practically the australian trials now...always fun to watch these games between act and the tahs

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 10 2006, 04:49 PM
this is practically the australian trials now...always fun to watch these games between act and the tahs
It wasn't much fun to watch last year

I cant wait for this game,very hard to pick,both have the best defence in the comp but hopefully we can see a high scoring game.

Rogers should be back but i'm kinda leaning towards the Brumbies atm,mainly because of the edge in the centres..

I hope the Tahs don't make it into a bore fest like last year. Can't wait for this one, game of the Super 14 thus far.

Originally posted by aussie1st@Apr 13 2006, 06:48 PM
I hope the Tahs don't make it into a bore fest like last year. Can't wait for this one, game of the Super 14 thus far.
The Tah's had to make it a bore fest last year because they didn't have an attacking weapon (5 eighth) good enough to take the brumbies on out wide... This years game will depend on the fitness of Rogers I think. As if he's playing, I reckon the Tah's will back themselves in attack even against Larkham and co.

Well hes playing so I hope you're right. Larkham vs Rogers should be a ripper of a battle.

im liking the looseforward scrap and that back 3 battle..shud be interesting!

This will be a great game. The result could very well be the difference between a home semi and an away semi for either side. With gregan at his best and the back three lethal brumbies will put up a strong fight and I think we'll win by 8 - just to **** you NSW'ers off! No bouns point for you.... 35-27!

Best result the losing team getting 2 bonus points :) Can't have those Kiwis dominating the top 4!

my moneys on the waratahs. Theyve looked in good from this year, and at home i cant see them loosing to the brumbies. i expect to see an assured performance from the tahs backline with some big blitzing runs from the big men. The brumbies will be no push overs, as they tehmselves are starting to find form which is somewhere near their best. i just think that the tahs will be too strong away for themm... But itll be close, no more than 5 pts.

Head to Head:
Waratahs: 15 Peter Hewat, 14 Wendell Sailor, 13 Morgan Turinui, 12 Sam Norton-Knight, 11 Lote Tuqiri, 10 Mat Rogers, 9 Chris Whitaker, 8 David Lyons, 7 Phil Waugh (vice-captain), 6 Rocky Elsom, 5 Daniel Vickerman, 4 Alex Kanaar, 3 Al Baxter, 2 Adam Freier, 1 Benn Robinson.
Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Matt Dunning, 18 Will Caldwell, 19 Stephen Hoiles, 20 Brett Sheehan, 21 Daniel Halangahu, 22 Shaun Berne.

Brumbies: 15 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14 Clyde Rathbone, 13 Stirling Mortlock (captain), 12 Matt Giteau, 11 Mark Gerrard, 10 Stephen Larkham, 9 George Gregan, 8 Adam Wallace-Harrison, 7 George Smith, 6 Daniel Heenan, 5 Mark Chisholm, 4 Alister Campbell, 3 Guy Shepherdson, 2 Jeremy Paul, 1 Bill Young.
Replacements: 16 James McCormack, 17 Nic Henderson, 18 Radike Samo, 19 Julian Salvi, 20 Patrick Phibbs, 21 Gene Fairbanks, 22 Joel Wilson
---------------------------------------
Both teams have a very even backline... think this one will come down to which forward pack can provide quality ball. Hewat vs Ashley-Cooper, Sailor vs Gerrard, Turinui vs Mortlock, Tuqiri vs Rathbone, Rogers vs Larkham, Whitaker vs Gregan... and thats just the backs! Great match ups right across the park.
I'm leaning towards the Tah's for this one.

I'm saying brumbies, because they are my team, i feel however that whoever wins will win by no more than 5.

Mckenzie finally picks his best team :bravo:

Looks very even across the board, Brumbies have the slightest edge in the backs,Tahs have the edge in the forwards.

Home ground should be enough to get the Tahs over the line but for some strange reason i have a feeling the Brumbies might just pip them....... i dont know why.

I'm picking the Tah's in a tight one! This is gonna be such a good match up, and if one side doesn't choke I'd say it'll go down as the match of the season, like the 2004 match.

Half Time 14-14.........best half of rugby all year :bravo:

Brumbies have been in control for most of the half but with Larkham injured and Norton Knight scoring the try of the year .....its game on.

Norton Knight was close to blowing that, someone shout that boy some acting lessons... god damn you to hell Brumbies...

This games 50-50. Bernie is out and as kiwi I JUST LOVE WATCHING AUSSIES HURTING EACH OTHER...

brilliant game.The brumbies completely f***ed it up in the second half, they seemed intimidated by the physical defence of the tahs and spilled possession to easily. This match have only gone to clarify how much talent australlian rugby has got, and this year will definitely be a good year for them. Hewat looks a very exciting prospect.

The hightlight of the match for me though was seeing stirling pick up wendeel like a ***** and slam him to the ground.

Waratahs were awesome in the second half

Brumbies just had no direction without there most influential player Larkham

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 16 2006, 07:24 PM
The hightlight of the match for me though was seeing stirling pick up wendeel like a ***** and slam him to the ground.
To be fair to Dell, Mortlock does that to everyone........IMO he's still the best outside centre in the world by a mile.

Waratahs forwards showed again why they are the best pack in the Super14....... amazing

Latest posts