• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11. Bulls v Stormers

D

Dumbo

The Bulls take on the Stormers in Pretoria, looking forward to this game as the Stormers seem to be making a late run of things and if they can continue the style of Rugby played against the Lions then this (beside being a bruising encounter) should be a good game.

I'm favouring the Bull to take this one BUT again - if the Stormers can play like they played last week then things should be interesting.

If the Stormers win this with bonus points (and prevents the Bulls from getting one) they will leapfrog the Bulls in the table. <_<

This could be one of those close tight matches or one like the Chiefs vs Highlanders game - tries galore.

But I'm tipping the Stormers for this one. They always seem to fire up against the Bulls. (Check last years Currie Cup results)

Stormers by 8.

If the Bulls approach this game and play it the right way they should have no problem. The big factor for the Bulls is to nullify the loose trio of the Stormers and put their forwards under pressure.

Agree, if the Bulls can can dominate in the forward area then things should go their way.
Hard to pick between these two teams, look forward to seeing the final team selections.

My brain tells me the Bulls will win this, but I'm going for the Stormers. I just like the players they have.
Their loose trio, as well as Peter Grant and their midfield. I'm surprised they're not in a better position than they are at the moment.

They started off slowly and haven't been able to consistantly win.
Grant's a standout in my books at the moment

they seem to win after they lose, and lose after they win..

so judging by that pattern, they're going to lose :(

Ah yes the most classic of derbies. :)

I'll be rooting for the Stormers obviously but judging by the last 8 games which literally looked like this.

Western Force (loss),
Chiefs (win),
Highlanders (loss),
Hurricanes (win),
Brumbies (loss),
Waratahs (win),
Crusaders (loss),
Lions (win).

I'm guessing we're up for another loss eh :(

15 Johan Roets, 14 Jaco van der Westhuyzen, 13 JP Nel, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Derick Hougaard, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Wikus van Heerden, 6 Danie Rossouw, 5 Victor Matfield (captain), 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Rayno Gerber, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Gurthro Steenkamp

Reserves: 16 Jaco Engels, 17 Danie Thiart, 18 Pedrie Wannenburg, 19 Derick Kuun, 20 Heinie Adams, 21 Morne Steyn, 22 Akona Ndungane.

Come on Stormers you guys are my second team make proud like last week. :D
I was angry but the Lions played like schoolboys. :cheers:

Boggle`s picked up the pattern! So there is some form of normality in their results actually.

Very difficult to call my loyalties here- obviously, all true- white and blue Mountain Goats considers the okes from North of the Jukskei as the true and original enemy, and if there`s one game Province, or the Stormers in S14 guise, absolutely HAVE to win, it`s against the old enemy. That said, if the Bulls do lose, it`ll be the end of their semi-final ambitions, so who to support? Easy really- obviously the Stormers!

But I reckon it`ll be a bridge too far- Loftus, packed to the rafters with blue-clad, horn-hatted fatties, and Steve Hofmeyer`s irritating crap blaring over the PA system, has been one too much for the majority of SA teams. And the return of Pierre Spies, although obviously delightful news for the Boks, is not really good news for the Stormers- when in full cry, Spies is a man-monster, a human wrecking ball with tremendous pace to boot, and excellent skills too.

I reckon that the Bulls will take it, but I won`t be predicting scores. The Stormers have given me too much egg on face this year....

Just to add spice to my weekend, I've put $50 on the Stormers to win and another $10 they win with bonus points.

Easy on the money there Juggernaut, just had a look at your tipping... :(

STORMERS:
15 Conrad Jantjes, 14 Breyton Paulse, 13 Corne Uys, 12 De Wet Barry, 11 Brent Russell, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Bolla Conradie; 8 Justin Melck, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Luke Watson ©, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Gerrie Britz, 3 Brok Harris, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 JD Moller. Reserves: 16 Christiaan Liebenberg, 17 Schalk Ferreira, 18 Ross Skeate, 19 Joe van Niekerk, 20 JP Joubert, 21 Naas Olivier, 22 . Dylan Des Fountain.

OK! where the hell is De Villiers??

Is it possible to refund your money back from the bookies?? :(

This game is going to be huge! Hard rugby with litres of blood to be shed. Okay I'm getting carried away.

I hope Wynand Olivier has a good match and that he can get the better of De Wet Barry.

De Wet Barry is HARD...He's TOUGH.

He will smash pretty boy Olivier all over the park on Saturday. :p

Latest posts