• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12

Being honest it mountain out of nothing. Sexton did hit out. But in the heat of a derby that is to be expected. He's not the 1st won't be last

Nah, disagree, ye can't be doing something that could mean permanent damage.

A box to the head is fine, a kick to the leg or arm is fine. But a kick to the head is not fine, nor is a kick to yer reproductive organs!

Nah, disagree, ye can't be doing something that could mean permanent damage.

A box to the head is fine, a kick to the leg or arm is fine. But a kick to the head is not fine, nor is a kick to yer reproductive organs!
It was a knee to groin. And even before that over other side the drag around the neck from behind putting Joey to the ground were the 2 incidents. But well being honest Sexton was mentally never in Limerick. As I said the heat of it all seemed to get to him which was strange. And Fardy too. Who seems to be escaping alot of flak. For an experienced lad he was the worst forward on the field by miles. Even the 1st try. The high tackle on Cloete AFTER the ball was out nof play was tlthe biggest mistake in a while.

Also wasn't noted but we went unbeaten in 2018 in Thomond Park.

Also it was Lowe who aimed a knee at Murrays head not Sexton but well he got his deserved punishment soon after. On Lowe he's a super talented player but in few times I've seen him he causes alot of crap and it's a pity as it stands out alot more than his play. And it's not just against Munster he is at it

There is a video running around twitter.

Sexton definitely stamped on him (and Carbery was alongside ruck not near ball at time) - reaction says that for sure. Many are alleging he stamped on his balls - video doesn't prove that either way - but I'd expect a citing and investigation.

There may be TV angles that haven't made public domain which may clear it up. Initial viewing wouldn't look good for J10.

edit:
https://mobile.twitter.com/James_White__/status/1079086693326692363

Pretty hard to tell from that angle really, looks like something happened but exactly what and the intent behind it isn't super obvious. The AR is looking right at the ruck so you'd hope he would have called it if there was anything in it.

If he did purposely stamp he should be cited.

The tweet itself is pretty cringe.

Dragons beat Ospreys 23-22! (Sam Davies could have won it in the last min with a pen, but missed). East Wales rules.

Pretty hard to tell from that angle really, looks like something happened but exactly what and the intent behind it isn't super obvious. The AR is looking right at the ruck so you'd hope he would have called it if there was anything in it.

If he did purposely stamp he should be cited.

The tweet itself is pretty cringe.
To be fair its clear from a numver of incidents that Sexton was out for Joey. It wasn't a stamp. It was a knee to groin not a stamp and nowhere near ball.
But equally he doesn't deserve a citing or anything.

Unless there's another angle there's no way Sexton is getting cited for that. No clear evidence of anything there.

Unless there's another angle there's no way Sexton is getting cited for that. No clear evidence of anything there.
There's 2 or 3 angles. Always remember TMO has more footage than we get. But to be fair it is clear and TJ has reported similar. But again I don't think it will be enough for ban. But lets not hide the fact it happened. The evidence is there.

There's 2 or 3 angles. Always remember TMO has more footage than we get. But to be fair it is clear and TJ has reported similar. But again I don't think it will be enough for ban. But lets not hide the fact it happened. The evidence is there.

I've only seen the angle on twitter so I'm not 100% sure of what happened. Realistically though the citing commissioner has the most info and isn't as angry/biased as the rest of us.

I've only seen the angle on twitter so I'm not 100% sure of what happened. Realistically though the citing commissioner has the most info and isn't as angry/biased as the rest of us.
Well also. And I say this for all provinces. The citing commissioner is IRFU and will not cite fullstop. Same was for POC/Dave Kearney incident as well as many others. It's no secret IRFU will say no citings unless necessary. The only lad who will get a ban and a deserved 1 too is Lowe.
And as I said I don't want Sexton banned bit as even Leinster fans in stadium said yesterday. He melted and did alot of stuff that if it wasn't an IRFU ref and citing commissioner he may have been sweating today.
I should add the TJ was a Leinster ref too and well may have said it but not enough to act on.

I'm not denying that Lowe deserved a red, but I think the rules are flawed. There should be a duty of care on the jumper as well. For example there was one where Haley jumped about five metres away from the ball where he had no hope of catching it. Reid just had to stand there and watch. That kind of thing should lead to penalties as well IMO.

I think it's harsh to dish out reds for aerial contests in any case because there nearly always isn't malice. Maybe we should borrow from GAA and go for black cards?
On Lowe he's a super talented player but in few times I've seen him he causes alot of crap and it's a pity as it stands out alot more than his play. And it's not just against Munster he is at it
In fairness there's always a lot with Lowe when we play you but Conway was only out there for fights yesterday. He didn't play any rugby at all and he was first in constantly whenever there were any fights. Deserved a yellow at least for that tackle in the air on Fardy at the end. Munster's backs were poor last night full stop though. Earls was good and Goggin/Murray are back from injuries but for 'creative' players Scannell and Carvery need to offer much more.

Well also. And I say this for all provinces. The citing commissioner is IRFU and will not cite fullstop. Same was for POC/Dave Kearney incident as well as many others. It's no secret IRFU will say no citings unless necessary. The only lad who will get a ban and a deserved 1 too is Lowe.
And as I said I don't want Sexton banned bit as even Leinster fans in stadium said yesterday. He melted and did alot of stuff that if it wasn't an IRFU ref and citing commissioner he may have been sweating today.
I should add the TJ was a Leinster ref too and well may have said it but not enough to act on.

Realistically the IRFU are never going to put Furlong and Sexton up for bans this close to the Six Nations. Cynical maybe but that's the way it is. As you say it was the same when O'Connell kicked Kearney in the head.

I'd disagree on Lowe. Yes rules are flawed but Lowe was the instigator of it all yesterday. Conway goes in but nowhere near involved as much as Lowe. The reason he was red carded was maybe because of flawed rules but he deserved it after aiming a knee at Murrays head as well as all the other crap. And no Furlomg and Sexton shouldn't be banned or cited.
Thing on Lowe is he didn't jump. He slid in. Even if he stood or jumped he'd have not put Conway upside down.
The Fardy incident was explained. Fardy wasn't off the ground and it was a high tackle not an in the air. And sorry there no comparison. Lowe and Sexton were out there as the 2 who list heads most out of any back. Lowe was just sneaky and 100% got what he deserved. Sexton was just moaning alot and lost his cool uncharacteristically.
Yes our back play was poor but doesn't excuse any of that crap from Lowe or Sexton.

We desperately need Kearney back, we're not the same team without him at all, Larmour had a mare!
I thought he was good to be fair. Agreed Kearney was missed especiallybwhen it went to 14men.
Also Larmour seems a bit tired. Like he has lost a bit of gas but just down to fatigue.
But himself and Ringrose are joy to watch.

Didn't watch the game did Reid lose that 10K he earnt last week?
To be fair given the circumstances he came in. He did better than most in blue. He's a steady squad player. Won't be a team changer but will fill in a gap and keep the band on stage

We desperately need Kearney back, we're not the same team without him at all, Larmour had a mare!
I thought Larmour was alright, coped well given that one wing was sent off and the other was meant to start at 12. He's definitely looking tired though. Needs next week off at the very least.

Didn't watch the game did Reid lose that 10K he earnt last week?

Nah, he was good and one of our vest players. One of the few backs on either team that had any (positive) influence on the game.

Has to be said also that Ross Byrne is miles ahead of Carbery on form but I do understand the reasons why Carbery is ahead for Ireland.

I thought Larmour was alright, coped well given that one wing was sent off and the other was meant to start at 12. He's definitely looking tired though. Needs next week off at the very least.

Nah, he was good and one of our vest players. One of the few backs on either team that had any (positive) influence on the game.

Has to be said also that Ross Byrne is miles ahead of Carbery on form but I do understand the reasons why Carbery is ahead for Ireland.

Carberry and Murray failing to play territory was a huge problem for Munster yesterday.

Carberry and Murray failing to play territory was a huge problem for Munster yesterday.
To be fair BG8 that was more Murray than Joey. And as many have spotted Conor is extremely rusty. I think alot are shocked at how long it's taking him to get back to provincial level never mind international

Latest posts