• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 13: Bulls v Blues

Oh Jesus Christ... I give up... Wheres that Sharks jersey my uncle bought me.

Nucifora is now on Pat Lams level of pure retardness, no wonder the Brumbies players got rid of him.

Than again he's probably just screwing over the All Blacks on purpose by making sure he gives as little gametime as possible to the key players.

Blues 1-7 at best me thinks with that team.

Maybe he's just trying to screw the Brumbies out of semi spot (*******)

I missed the Blooze last game, did Roko get injured?

Is it the same Blues supporters who were tipping the Blues for 15+ wins over the Sharks and the Stormers making these confident assurances of victory at Fortress Loftus?
[/b]

The one and the same... :p

Is it wrong to be so supportive of our side????

BLUES by 10.

Nuci's got a point though, Joe did not perform well against the Stormers and was too intent on trying to run players over than try and run evasively. Rudi Wulf however hasn't looked that good in the tougher matches and I think Tuitavake is a better pick for a game like this. As for Ali Williams, well all I can say is good riddance that asshole did cost them the game giving away penalties at key moments, he's got a lot of talent but when he's playing dumb he doesn't stop and you have to get him off the field quick before he can do too much damage. However when he's playing well he's awesome and one of the best locks in NZ.

Ali Williams is the best lock in the country at the moment, and of course Rocokoko will not be at his best, Nucifora has refused to play him, he's had since what, Round 8, and it took him 4 weeks to start him, Nucifora has no point because it is his stubborness to play the All Blacks which is caused Rocokoko to come out cold, he is expecting a player who he has had a chance to play for a month to come in and carve the place up despite not playing a full game since November last year.

I believe Rocokoko has a lot more to offer and certainly perform at his top level if more game time is given. He's done it before and surely can do it again.

<div class='quotemain'>
Ali Williams is the best lock in the country at the moment
[/b]

That's only if he's not riled up.
[/b][/quote]

I fully agree with that statement, the problem is the guy is aggro most of the time, there is a difference between agression and controlled agression.
As for Joe, I too believe he offers more on the wing than either wulf or tutitavake, but the fact is he HASN'T had the game time and therefore to chuck him in in a must win game when he's out of form is now a risk the Blues can't afford to take. It was stupid not to start him earlier, but that time is long gone and the current situation demands the Blues use the players who are in form.

Op die Bulle!
1) Make it difficult for the Aussie teams to reach the semi's.
2) Increase the chances of a South African team getting a home semi.

I strongly believe the Bulls are going to beat the Blues, and deny them a bonus point.

ah man the run in to the semi's is tight, I'd expect the bulls and sharks to win this weekend, Crusaders are garuanteed home ground advantage.

I can also see the Sharks winning next week, but the Blues v Force game will be crucial

oh im getting moist in anticipation

Head to Head:

BULLS:
15 Johan Roets, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JP Nel, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Derick Hougaard, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Wikus van Heerden, 6 Pedrie Wannenburg, 5 Victor Matfield ©, 4 Danie Rossouw, 3 Rayno Gerber, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Gurthro Steenkamp
Reserves:: 16 Jaco Engels, 17 Danie Thiart, 18 Francois van Schouwenburg, 19 Derick Kun, 20 Heinie Adams, 21 Morn Steyn, 22 Jaco van der Westhuyzen

BLUES:
15 George Pisi, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Isaia Toeava, 12 Sam Tuitupou, 11 Rudi Wulf, 10 Isa Nacewa, 9 Steve Devine; 8 Jerome Kaino, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Angus Macdonald, 5 Troy Flavell ©, 4 Greg Rawlinson, 3 John Afoa, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock. Reserves: 16 Derren Witcombe, 17 Nick White, 18 Ali Williams, 19 Justin Collins, 20 Taniela Moa, 21 David Holwell, 22 Anthony Tuitavake.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I fully agree with that statement, the problem is the guy is aggro most of the time, there is a difference between agression and controlled agression.
As for Joe, I too believe he offers more on the wing than either wulf or tutitavake, but the fact is he HASN'T had the game time and therefore to chuck him in in a must win game when he's out of form is now a risk the Blues can't afford to take. It was stupid not to start him earlier, but that time is long gone and the current situation demands the Blues use the players who are in form.
[/b][/quote]

Keeping Joe out hopefully won't affect his All Blacks position. It would be stupid to drop out any of the 22 All Blacks that were rested in the beginning of the Super 14 IF they're not chosen again for the tri-nations and future games. I know they're selected based on their forms but they didn't have much game time.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Keeping Joe out hopefully won't affect his All Blacks position. It would be stupid to drop out any of the 22 All Blacks that were rested in the beginning of the Super 14 IF they're not chosen again for the tri-nations and future games. I know they're selected based on their forms but they didn't have much game time.

Opps sorry my mistake for doubling the reply.

Op die Bulle!
1) Make it difficult for the Aussie teams to reach the semi's.
2) Increase the chances of a South African team getting a home semi.

I strongly believe the Bulls are going to beat the Blues, and deny them a bonus point.
[/b]

:) Yeah I want to see a change. I'd love to see a playoff game outside of New Zealand now but I can hardly see it happening.

Has anyone noticed that Flavell seem to have really dropped off the pace in the last 2 matches. He almost looks disinterested and low on energy and he has been making handling errors at crucial times. In my opinion he's lucky he's the captain cos he deserves to be benched more than Ali and Rawlinson do based on his form.

^

Yeah, he's been dropping a lot of ball. Maybe he should be rested? He just got back to Super14 rugby, maybe he's struggling to keep up with the pace?

Fecking useless Blooze :wall:
[/b]

hehe I was getting kinda worried this morning with you guys getting into the top 4.

Bulls absolutely crushed the Blues, Fourie Du Prez played like a man possesed, and Habana was brilliant again.

Sorry to all the Lions supporters, but I hope the Sharks eat them up in the shark tank tommorow.

The Blues were completely and utterly outplayed. They seemed to be out of it a long time before though, when they went for goal at 9 to 20, that seemed to me that they had almost already conceded the match.
The only shining light to come out of that game was Toeava, who I felt showed that he will still perform despite high pressure matches. His ability to break tackles and his pace off the mark even under such trying conditions and with a team going backwards is remarkable. In the All Blacks with better support play those breaks could be turned into gold, as it is I feel much of his efforts go unnoticed because they do not end in a try. However, I'm certain it won't be overlooked by the AB selectors.

The Blues were a bunch of soft cocks tonight.... one of the most physically dominant rogerings i've seen in a long time.

Well done Bulls ya wankers!

Nucifora - Next Wallabies Coach? Heres hoping - Not only will it get him the f*** out of Auckland, but secondly the All Blacks will never have to fear the Wallabies again.

Latest posts