• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 13 - Bulls v Crusaders

T

The TRUTH

2nd placed Crusaders head to Loftus to take on the 5th placed Bulls.

The Bulls still have a realistic chance of making the finals after last weeks impressive performance against the Sharks, but they'll need to get atleast 8 points from there last two games to keep in touch with the Brumbies and Canes.

The Crusaders are coming off two poor showings and if they play the same way this week the Bulls should win this one comfortably......

Now for the Crusaders, say Bulls

Sunday April 30 2006

Meyer now wants 80 minutes from his beefy Bulls

The Bulls, having accounted for their closest South African rivals the Sharks at the weekend, have shifted their attention to what could be the team's most crucial game of the season - a Super 14 Round 13 encounter against the Crusaders in Pretoria on Friday night.

Coach Heyneke Meyer and captain Victor Matfield both made mention of the fact that the Crusaders will prove to be an even bigger challenge than what they face in the 34-27 victory over the Sharks at the weekend.

What will make matter worse for the Bulls is the fact that the Crusaders lost to the Stormers and the New Zealand franchise will be keen to make amends for their first loss of the season.

While Meyer was "very happy" with his team's first-half performance - in which they took a 27-3 lead and scored four tries - he said it was his team's defence that saved the day in a second half that they lost 24-7 (aggregate 34-27).

In that second period the Sharks scored four tries, but in the final five minutes the Bulls were solid on defence as the Sharks searched for a winner.

"It was a great game, with quality Super 14 rugby," Meyer said. "We said that once we return home we want to play the kind of rugby we are capable of.

"But now the Crusaders await us and it is not going to get easier. We will have to produce two halves [80 minutes] of rugby like we did in the first 40 minutes against the Sharks if we hope to beat the Crusaders," Meyer added..

Matfield also praised his team for the "great" performance that secured a full five points and kept them in the hunt for a place in the play-offs, but he said they will have to cut out the large number of penalties they conceded in the second half if they hope to beat the Crusaders.

Bakkies Botha, the man-of-the-match, attributed the second-half performance to "a lack of concentration".

"We have a lot of work to do before we face the Crusaders. We must first pull that one through before we can start thinking of the play-offs," he said.

Meanwhile plans by the Sharks to cite Bulls captain Victor Matfield for dirty play were unsuccessful.

Sharks coach Dick Muir said his highly rated tighthead prop, BJ Botha, was hit by Matfield early on in the match. This disrupted the Sharks, because Botha's bleeding face had to be treated several times during the match.

But Christo Ferreira, the chief of legal affairs at SA Rugby, confirmed that there were no citings from the match.

Matfield denied hitting Botha, suggesting that the injury might have been sustained when he was cleared out at a ruck.

But the ASharks were adamant their prop were "punched" in a scrum.

link
[/b]

I think the crusaders made a complete joke of themselves in the weekend rest two of there key players and for that game they derseve to be second the stormer played to that and good on them i hope the crusaders get another beating this weekend

Come on Bulle. The Bulls will be looking to destory a deflated Crusaders outfit. The Crusaders have started to look quite vulnerable on tour, and not the team once feared this season. On the otherhand The Bulls seemed very comfortable back in their own backyard against the Sharks and certainly did not look like the team that toured Australasia.

Bulls should win this.

Originally posted by woosaah@May 2 2006, 06:15 AM
i dont l ike it how it says second place crusaders

:'(
Then tell your boys to pull there finger out and and get back on top :D

Tahs are in first place on %%%%%%

This is a must win for the Crusaders........ but i think the Bulls will win by less than 10, Crusaders seem to struggle at Loftus.

Originally posted by Candyman@May 2 2006, 12:36 PM
I think the crusaders made a complete joke of themselves in the weekend rest two of there key players and for that game they derseve to be second the stormer played to that and good on them i hope the crusaders get another beating this weekend

Hear, Hear! I'm all for seeing the odd Cantab taking a public beating.

Originally posted by Candyman@May 2 2006, 12:36 AM
Well said and welcome to the forum Candyman, I'd like to see the Bulls play like they did in the first half against the sharks, Crusaders lost lots of ballbecause the stormers turned them, and at loftus the bulls will do more of the same. Cam on Friday

Well if Deans does another half assed move and rests the top players again we deserve to lose.

If we are going to win on this tour if would definitely have to be this one. It's make or break time for he Crusaders will they pull out the win or be the also rans.

In a previous post last week i`ve told you that as amazing it may sound, Crusaders can miss the semis! They`ve already missed the first place, their gameplan is misereable and Bulls are a very, very strong team! It will be a deisive game for both teams! Hopefully, Bulls will win!

Originally posted by Rassie@May 2 2006, 11:33 PM
In a previous post last week i`ve told you that as amazing it may sound, Crusaders can miss the semis! They`ve already missed the first place, their gameplan is misereable and Bulls are a very, very strong team! It will be a deisive game for both teams! Hopefully, Bulls will win!

Slow down, Rassie. You just said a mouthful.
Hi, I'm C A Iversen. You might remember me from such posts as "The Crusaders need a public beating" and "GTA - Horse Racing, the way of the future".

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 2 2006, 11:56 PM
Hi, dobrien7 here, long time listener, first time caller...

Wrong radio station, this isn't 92.5 Dipshit FM :rolleyes:

....yet.

Great time to rest Habana :rolleyes:

No Friday crusade for Bulls flyer

Tuesday May 02 2006

Habana benched as Ndungane starts
The Bulls' star winger, Springbok Bryan Habana, will start off the bench when his team faces the Crusaders in a Super 14 crunch match at Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria on Friday.

Habana, who has started in every one of the Bulls' 11 matches this season and played the full 80 minutes in most, is being rested.

Akona Ndungane starts in what is otherwise and unchanged team to face the Crusaders.

With fly-half Derick Hougaard still not recovered from the ankle injury he suffered over a month ago and fullback Johan Roets' dodgy knee also still requiring more recuperative time, it means that Springbok Jaco van der Westhuyzen remains at fullback and Morné Steyn at fly-half.

The Bulls must win both their remaining games - against the Crusaders this Friday and against the Stormers the following week - if they hope to remain in the hunt for a place in the play-offs.

Bulls: 15 Jaco van der Westhuyzen, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JP Nel, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Frikkie Welsh,
10 Morné Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Pedrie Wannenburg, 7 Tim Dlulane, 6 Jacques Cronjé, 5 Victor Matfield (captain), 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Danie Thiart, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Wessel Roux.
Replacements: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Jaco Engels, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Pierre Spies, 20 Francois van Schouwenburg, 21 Heini Adams, 22 Bryan Habana

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/Su...ory_50814.shtml[/b]

lol, yeah it's not like it's an important game or anything

but it's okay as he's on the bench, they'll just rest him for the first four tries and then let him come on to score another four in the last four minutes :D

Originally posted by Quintes@May 2 2006, 11:06 PM
but it's okay as he's on the bench, they'll just rest him for the first four tries and then let him come on to score another four in the last four minutes :D
I hope your right, although i wouldn't mind a low scoring draw aswell...... that should secure the Tahs top spot and the Brumbies wouldn't have to worry about the Bulls catching them :p.

But as long as the Crusaders dont win i'm happy :)

Well i think i just proved my point on how much of a joke the crusaders are resting old cheating richie mcaw man they need to join the otta clappers association God dam RURU's

Bulls 21 Crusader 0

GO THE BULLS!!!!!!!

If the Crusaders win this then you can guarantee they will win the comp....all the odds are against them in this match.....they will need to show a fortitude of steel to beat the Bulls on their home patch.

Latest posts