• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 13 - Hurricanes v Reds

T

The TRUTH

3rd placed Hurricanes host the 12th placed Reds...

Hurricanes are coming off a big win over the Chiefs while the Reds were kept scoreless by the Brumbies.

The Reds would have to produce there best game of the season if they're any chance to cause an upset here.

Jones plans to rid Reds of their 'idiots'

Monday May 01 2006

'Only idiots repeat failure and that's what's been happening there'

Sacked former Wallaby coach Eddie Jones, who will take over from Jeff Miller as Reds mentor after the inaugural Super 14 this year, said on Monday that he plans to get rid of the "idiots" who keep repeating things which led to failure.

It is clearly Jones plans a major shake-up in Brisbane when he takes over from Miller in a fortnight's time.

"Only idiots repeat failure and that's what's been happening there," Jones told the Sydney radio station 2KY.

"We've got to change things and there has to be a change of attitude to make the change in the way we do things."

Jones knows that he is facing a major task at a union that simply lack corporate support of rivals like New South Wales and Western Australia, who have been poaching most of Queensland's top players.

"It does make it difficult, but having said that Queensland have come 10th, 10th and they're 12th this year and we need to make a fresh start, there's no use repeating what's been done over the last three years," he said.

"If we lose some players we've just got to move on, we've got to find a squad that's capable and has the attitude of wanting to improve and will do that."

According to the Australian Associated Press Jones also denied he berated a player, believed to be Reds back Julian Huxley, over the phone for telling the media he was uncertain of his future.

"I think all of that's ... a little bit laughable," he said.

"I had one conversation with a player about comments that he made in the media but the bottom line is that we've got to change things at Queensland.

"We're not going to continue down the same line that Queensland have been over the last three years."

Jones would not confirm which player he spoke to, but hinted he considered his attitude symptomatic of Queensland's lack of success.

"There's been a conversation about the way we're going to go forward and if players immediately go to the media about that sort of conversation then obviously they're the wrong player and obviously they're a player that's been instrumental in Queensland finishing in the last three over the last three years," he said.

[/b]

It will be interesting seeing how Jones goes when he takes over. It'll either bring the Reds back or put them at their lowest ever.

'Only idiots repeat failure and that's what's been happening there'

Sacked former Wallaby coach Eddie Jones, who will take over from Jeff Miller as Reds mentor after the inaugural Super 14 this year, said on Monday that he plans to get rid of the "idiots" who keep repeating things which led to failure.[/b]

Thats really big of Eddie considering why he got dumped after the Australian NH tour... Eddie you are a tool.

Game is wide open really, all Kiwi sides are playing shithouse and the Reds have been on a losing streak... Tune vs the Canes 12 and 13 could be well worth watching.

This will be no contest Reds are going to get caned, if I had a fantasy rugby team I'd select reds forwards because they are going to go through a lot of tackles and cane's backs because of the sheer number of tries they are going to score.

47 - 10 CAnes

Hurricanes: 15 Isaia Toeava, 14 Lome Fa'atau, 13 Ma'a Nonu, 12 Tana Umaga, 11 Shannon Paku, 10 David Holwell, 9 Piri Weepu, 8 Rodney So'oialo (captain), 7 Chris Masoe, 6 Jerry Collins, 5 Jason Eaton, 4 Luke Andrews, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 Joe McDonnell.
Replacements: 16 Luke Mahoney, 17 John Schwalger, 18 Ross Kennedy, 19 Thomas Waldrom, 20 Brendan Haami, 21 Jimmy Gopperth, 22 Tamati Ellison.

Reds:

15 Chris Latham, 14 Caleb Brown, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Andrew Brown, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 John Roe (captain), 7 David Croft, 6 Mitchell Chapman, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mark Connors, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Sean Hardman, 1 Greg Holmes.
Replacements: 16 Stephen Moore, 17 Anthony Mathison, 18 Cameron Treloar, 19 Tom McVerry, 20 Nic Berry, 21 Steve Kefu, 22 Tim Atkinson

Awesome team for the Canes... Best back row in the competition will Cane.... Hurricane.
My amazingly incredible forsight shows me that Gopperth will come on for Holwell at roughly the 60-65th minute... An excellent bench player to put the final nails in the Reds foot...

Not wanting to start world war 3, and I'm ony going by the past two games but Tana Umaga is not playing well, at all.

Hope he improves for this game.

Final Score 26-22 Canes......meh

Canes look like easy beats for whoever they face in the finals

Reds looked the better team all match

I have to give you credit, you, autralasians, that was a bloody awesome game! Reds pack, amazing - and i thought they were the worst ever!

Congrats Wally, you Reds played their best rugby in this S14 season (better than in the first game of this season vs Tahs - but there, vs Tahs you always play your best).

Collins, well, it`s prolly the best maori player of this S14!

P.S: There is a minus - crowd, very poor crowd!

was a goodclose game, enjoed it, but reds deserved the win from what i saw (didnt c all ofit)

Reds missed a few crucial kicks, Canes didn't

Hey Rassie, that Reds pack did the same thing to the Bulls.

Nah, they were impressive vs Cheetahs, i agree, but as far as i see, the Reds pack is the lamest of all S14 teams, even your pack (Force pack) produced better schemes but now, in this game, they`ve outdone themselves!

IMO, this was by far the best Reds game in this S14 !

Originally posted by woosaah@May 5 2006, 09:37 PM
was a goodclose game, enjoed it, but reds deserved the win from what i saw (didnt c all ofit)
I thought the hurricanes played like crap personally who in there right mind keeps kicking the ball when your in the 22 on attack your just giving the ball back to the oppistion.

So i too think the reds deserved to win that game

Latest posts