• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14: Crusaders v Chiefs

D

Dumbo

Big BIG game for the Chiefs, if they can pull off a big upset here then they could find themselves a spot in the semi’s.

To secure their spot the Crusaders need one point from the game, a bonus point in any form, to secure their place in the play-offs. They need a win to secure home ground advantage.

The Chiefs must beat the Crusaders, with or without a bonus point, and then hope the Blues and/or Bulls come unstuck. Should the Chiefs win with a bonus points, and beat the Crusaders by 54 points or more - while the Sharks, Blues and Bulls lose, then the Chiefs can still finish first on the standings.

Sadly for the Chiefs I doubt they can get 50 points on the board against the Crusaders, last week the Brumbies showed that if your defence is up to it then you can get on top of the Crusaders.
For the Chiefs the word ‘defence’ is still something that they can only find in a dictionary.

huge game this one. chiefs could sneak a semi spot with a win and if one of the teams above them also loses. chiefs have been in reasonable form most of the comp but crucial mistakes and laspes in concerntration have cost them. a win against the crusaders would be an upset for sure but it is not beyond th chiefs with the attacking backline they have.

crusaders also have plenty to play for. while they proabbly aren't in danger of missing a semi spot if they lose they will want home advantage where they are seemingly unbeatable. they would have been hurt by their loss to the brumbies last week and will be looking to resume normal buisness with a crusader win this weekend

CHIEFS:
15 Mils Muliaina, 14 Roy Kinikinilau, 13 Dwayne Sweeney, 12 Tane Tu'ipulotu, 11 Sitiveni Sivivatu, 10 Stephen Donald, 9 Brendon Leonard; 8 Sione Lauaki, 7 Marty Holah, 6 Liam Messam, 5 Keith Robinson, 4 Jono Gibbes ©, 3 Nathan White, 2 Tom Willis, 1 Simms Davison. Reserves: 16 Aled de Malmanche 17 Ben Castle, 18 Kristian Ormsby, 19 Steven Bates, 20 Byron Kelleher, 21 Murray Williams, 22 Lelia Masaga.

Thats not as bad as I thought it was going to be... watch out Crusaders!

CRUSADERS: 15 Leon MacDonald, 14 Rico Gear, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 Aaron Mauger, 11 Caleb Ralph, 10 Stephen Brett, 9 Andy Ellis; 8 Mose Tuiali'i, 7 Richie McCaw ©, 6 Reuben Thorne, 5 Chris Jack, 4 Ross Filipo, 3 Campbell Johnstone, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Ben Franks. Reserves: 16 Ti'i Paulo, 17 Ben May, 18 Michael Paterson, 19 Kieran Read, 20 Kahn Fotuali'i, 21 Rua Tipoki, 22 Johnny Leo'o.

A real shame that DC is out of this match, but great to see Jacko returning.

I dunno if Carter being out is going to help the Chiefs much, does anyone know if everyone's favourite player Lavea is going to recover in time to win the day for the Chiefs :D
This is probably the game to watch if you're a kiwi supporter.

carter seems to have a shoulder injury. I think possibly some form of ongoing injury because some of us noted a few weeks ago he possibly injured it in a match but he did end up finishing that game. so maybe it is a flare up of that or somthing else

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1092815

Man that really bad news about Carter... bummer for the Chiefs about Leon MacDonald, Rico Gear, Casey Laulala, Aaron Mauger, Caleb Ralph, Stephen Brett, Andy Ellis, Mose Tuiali'i, Richie McCaw, Reuben Thorne, Chris Jack, Ross Filipo, Campbell Johnstone, Corey Flynn, Ben Franks, Ti'i Paulo, Ben May, Michael Paterson, Kieran Read, Kahn Fotuali'i, Rua Tipoki and Johnny Leo'o.

Defence is the only way to get on top of the Crusaders, Chiefs can't learn that one over night...

Have faith Dumbo.

The Chiefs will win this....and they have a much better chance now that Lavea is injured. :p

Chiefs by 5.

Have faith Dumbo.

The Chiefs will win this....and they have a much better chance now that Lavea is injured. :p

Chiefs by 5.
[/b]
Some kind of Blues Fan you are :ranting:

Crusaders should exploit that centre defence to kingdom come, even without the Cheifs starting Lavea at 12, and Rico Gear should hammer home that he is over his form slump in this game.

Crusaders by 21

Brett would get into most Super 14 sides so he's a decent replacement. Anyless the Crusaders are rigging it and getting a 2nd NZ team into the final they should win easily at home.

<div class='quotemain'>
Have faith Dumbo.

Chiefs by 5.
[/b]

Crusaders by 21
[/b][/quote]

I could say the same about you! What kind of Blues fan backs the Crusaders? They're the last NZ team an Aucklander would back!~

Because this game is in Canterbury, history tells me Canterbury will win by a wide margin. Crossing the fingers for a shutout as well.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Have faith Dumbo.

Chiefs by 5.
[/b]

Crusaders by 21
[/b][/quote]

I could say the same about you! What kind of Blues fan backs the Crusaders? They're the last NZ team an Aucklander would back!~
[/b][/quote]

What kind of Blues Fan backs the Crusaders? The kind of Blues fan who wants the Blues to make it to the Semis ahead of the Chiefs, but whatever floats your boat.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Have faith Dumbo.

Chiefs by 5.
[/b]

Crusaders by 21
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

What kind of Blues Fan backs the Crusaders? The kind of Blues fan who wants the Blues to make it to the Semis ahead of the Chiefs, but whatever floats your boat.
[/b][/quote]

That means you have no faith in the Blues winning at Subiaco...some Blues fan you are.

And I have made it known in this forum that I will never back the Crusaders...no matter what. Like Mimic said "They're the last NZ team an Aucklander would back!"

The Blues will win and the Chiefs will win.

Chiefs by 5.

You the man!

if you look at the following...

CRUSADERS:
15 Leon MacDonald, 14 Rico Gear, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 Aaron Mauger, 11 Caleb Ralph, 10 Stephen Brett, 9 Andy Ellis; 8 Mose Tuiali'i, 7 Richie McCaw ©, 6 Reuben Thorne, 5 Chris Jack, 4 Ross Filipo, 3 Campbell Johnstone, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Ben Franks.
Reserves: 16 Ti'i Paulo, 17 Ben May, 18 Michael Paterson, 19 Kieran Read, 20 Kahn Fotuali'i, 21 Rua Tipoki, 22 Johnny Leo'o.

CHIEFS:
15 Mils Muliaina, 14 Roy Kinikinilau, 13 Dwayne Sweeney, 12 Tane Tu'ipulotu, 11 Sitiveni Sivivatu, 10 Stephen Donald, 9 Brendon Leonard; 8 Sione Lauaki, 7 Marty Holah, 6 Liam Messam, 5 Keith Robinson, 4 Jono Gibbes ©, 3 Nathan White, 2 Tom Willis, 1 Simms Davison.
Reserves: 16 Aled de Malmanche 17 Ben Castle, 18 Kristian Ormsby, 19 Steven Bates, 20 Byron Kelleher, 21 Murray Williams, 22 Lelia Masaga.

For the Crusaders if there's any injuries in the backline... the Chiefsf could easily edge ahead (nothing against Rua but it would greatly even things up).
Plus the bench for the Chiefs is pretty strong

crusaders by 14 for me, i like this squad its pretty balanced even without carter there. though we dont have a backup for Brett which kinda sucks..

and to add on the crusaders/blues who would back who thing

the only reason i would go for the blues if it meant the crusaders making a semi - but then again i wouldnt enjoy it, i would still enjoy i tmore if the blues lost.

i would love them to lose this weekend, it would be awesome :)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Have faith Dumbo.

Chiefs by 5.
[/b]

Crusaders by 21
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

That means you have no faith in the Blues winning at Subiaco...some Blues fan you are.

And I have made it known in this forum that I will never back the Crusaders...no matter what. Like Mimic said "They're the last NZ team an Aucklander would back!"

The Blues will win and the Chiefs will win.

Chiefs by 5.
[/b][/quote]

I have faith in the Blues players (except for Pisi), I just have no faith in Nucifora.

Although looking at it the table is unlikely to change - noway the Bulls lose to the Reds, we should take care of the Force and the Sharks and Crusaders will win.

Crusaders trying to penalise themselves out of a home final (20-13 to the Chiefs at half time - Donald's kicked 5 penalties.)

Latest posts