• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14- Waratahs v Hurricanes

D

Dumbo

The Tah’s (ranked 2nd) take on the Canes (ranked 3rd), both teams are guaranteed to make the semi’s… both teams have quality players (but will the coaches be looking to take things easy in the build up to the semi’s)… can’t pick this one… should be close

Who wins will have a home semifinal. Tahs can still get no 1 but i don`t think Crusaders will lose vs Brumbies!

The 2 big fixtures this week look like they'll be semi final previews

I dont think any of these teams will wanna give too much away this week but the winners will gain alot of confidence going into the finals.

I predict a Tahs win by 15.

yeah this game is about who gets the home semi. I am sure both teams will leave something for the semis and will most likely bench key players once the result is known. the canes seems to be a bit flat at the moment and I think the tahs can get the win and a home semi.

Lets put it this way both teams better put on a better proformance thiss week

Canes by 8

Hurricanes-Waratahs clash a sell out
11 May 2006 

Morgan Turinui will play his 50th match for the Waratahs against the Hurricanes on Saturday at a sold-out Aussie Stadium.

The final-round Super 14 rugby match that will decide who meet who in the semifinals will be witnessed by more than 40,000 at the stadium.

"Morgan has been a valuable contributor to the team since 2003 and it's fitting he play his 50th game in front of a full house," Waratahs coach Ewen McKenzie said of the midfield back.

The only change to the side that lost 33-37 to the Chiefs last week will see Stephen Hoiles start at No. 8, with David Lyons shifting to the bench.

The winners of Saturday's match will claim the right to host a Super 14 semifinal next weekend.

Waratahs: Peter Hewat, Wendell Sailor, Morgan Turinui, Sam Norton-Knight, Lote Tuqiri, Mat Rogers, Chris Whitaker (captain), Stephen Hoiles, Phil Waugh, Rocky Elsom, Daniel Vickerman, Alex Kanaar, Al Baxter, Adam Freier, Benn Robinson
Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Matt Dunning, Will Caldwell, David Lyons, Brett Sheehan, Daniel Halangahu, Shaun Berne
[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3664814a1823,00.html

Go the tahs, hmmm go the cains. hmmm dont know who to go for really. and dont even know if i will watch the game. should be a good atmosphere there though.

good luck to both teams, and i am sure the better team on the day will win (or at least the team with the most points)

it's all about the home semi this week. i would like to see the canes win as they haven't had one yet and it might give them confidence they need to win the semi. although so long as they win next week it won't matter where they play.

Originally posted by esoj@May 11 2006, 07:31 AM
it's all about the home semi this week. i would like to see the canes win as they haven't had one yet and it might give them confidence they need to win the semi. although so long as they win next week it won't matter where they play.
I agree completely with Esoj here in this and the earlier post. My head tells me that the Tahs will win this one but I hope I am pleasantly suprised by a hurricane victory. 27-24 to the Tahs

Hurricanes:
1 John Schwalger, 2 Andrew Hore, 3 Neemia Tialata, 4Luke Andrews, 5Jason Eaton, 6Jerry Collins, 7Chris Masoe, 8Rodney So’oialo (Captain), 9Piri Weepu 10Jimmy Gopperth, 11Shannon Paku, 12 Tana Umaga, 13Ma’a Nonu, 14Lome Fa’atau, 15Isaia Toeava
The reserves:16Luke Mahoney17Joe McDonnell18Ross Kennedy19Thomas Waldrom20Brendan Haami21 Lifeimi Mafi;22Tamati Ellison

Waratahs: Peter Hewat, Wendell Sailor, Morgan Turinui, Sam Norton-Knight, Lote Tuqiri, Mat Rogers, Chris Whitaker (captain), Stephen Hoiles, Phil Waugh, Rocky Elsom, Daniel Vickerman, Alex Kanaar, Al Baxter, Adam Freier, Benn Robinson
Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Matt Dunning, Will Caldwell, David Lyons, Brett Sheehan, Daniel Halangahu, Shaun Berne

I hope Rogers shows his class at 5/8. Hes been a bit off colour since his return. Defence will need to pick up as well.

Yep....I can't pick a winner here either.....

...actually...my head tells me the Tahs by a fair bit....comfortable win.....

...my heart wants the Canes....but they never step up enough....

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 13 2006, 09:30 AM
Yep....I can't pick a winner here either.....

...actually...my head tells me the Tahs by a fair bit....comfortable win.....

...my heart wants the Canes....but they never step up enough....
After last weeks lax performance you'd think they'd been shaken from their complacency and step up a fair bit... The Tah's do have the ability to win this comp, and tonight will show if they have the will.

well just heard on the radio sailor is out. not sure of the reason yet.

edit: sailor breached the aru code of conduct and is suspended indefintely for now. that is all the tahs can say legally

Tahs sack Wendell Sailor
May 13, 2006
NSW Waratahs Wendell Sailor has been stood down for tonight's crucial Super 14 match against the Hurricanes at Aussie Stadium for an alleged serious breach of the ARU Code of Conduct.
NSWRU says it is legally bound by confidentiality requirements and is unable to elaborate on the alleged breach at this time.

Sailor has been stood down indefinitely pending a full investigation.

The winner of the pivotal last-round encounter between the second-placed Waratahs and the third-placed Hurricanes will secure the home-ground advantage for next Saturday night's sudden-death semi-final between the two teams.

The Crusaders will play either the Sharks or the Bulls in the first semi-final in Christchurch on Friday night after clinching the minor premiership last night with a 33-3 victory over the Brumbies.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...34-1702,00.html

Gopperth you lucky *******... I was sharpening my blade during that first half. I gonna have your head... Good try... Lucky lucky *******.

19-7 Halftime.

3 tries to 1.

0 penalties.

Good game.

Latest posts