• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 2: Chiefs v Hurricanes

D

Dumbo

Both losers from last week at the hands of the Aussies now play each other in Hamilton.
One thing I’d like to see from both teams is for their 1st5’s to step up and start making an impact as they are starting to look pretty ordinary compared to players from the other side of the Tasman.
For the Hurricanes they will be without centre and captain Conrad Smith who’s out with injury and the Chiefs can breathe a sigh of relief as they will be without Lavea.
Not sure if at this stage if Keith Robinson, Sione Lauaki or Richard Kahui will be cleared to play for the Chiefs.

After last week who do I predict to win? Not sure.
The Chiefs didn’t get to overshadowed by the Brumbies last week while the Canes really didn’t fire against the Reds (all credit to the Reds for their win as well, looks like a change in coaches is doing them well).
If the Chiefs can field Robinson and Kahui I’m going with them in a ‘fingers crossed’ running game of rugby with few mistakes.

hey this an awesome chance for the canes to experiment there young guns!!..like i said the chiefs backs look depleted..so...

DAVID SMITH!!! DAVID SMITH!!! DAVID SMITH!!!..lol

Head to Head:

HURRICANES:
15 Cory Jane
14 Hosea Gear
13 Tana Umaga ©
12 Tamati Ellison
11 Ma'a Nonu
10 Jimmy Gopperth
9 Alby Mathewson
8 Thomas Waldrom
7 Serge Lilo
6 Luke Andrews
5 Bernie Upton
4 Paul ***o
3 Neemia Tialata
2 Tone Kopelani
1 John Schwalger/Tony Penn
Reserves:
16 Mahonri Schwalger
17 Penn/Anthony Perenise
18 Brad Mika
19 Hayden Hopgood
20 Chris Smylie
21 David Smith
22 Shannon Paku.

CHIEFS:
15 Sosene Anesi
14 Lelia Masaga
13 Niva Ta'auso
12 Tane Tu'ipulotu
11 Roy Kinikinilau
10 Steve learn to kick Donald
9 Brendon Leonard
8 Liam Messam
7 Marty Holah
6 Steven Bates
5 Jono Gibbes ©
4 Toby Lynn
3 Nathan White
2 Tom Willis
1 Craig West

Reserves:
16 Aled de Malmanche
17 Simms Davison
18 Kristian Ormsby
19 Tanerau Latimer
20 Jamie Nutbrown
21 Murray Williams
22 Dwayne Sweeney.

I think they should put corey Jane at wing imo hes more effective in that position. Put david smith as wing as well instead H Gear. Gear is alright but isnt that great (hes pretty powerful runner though) But yea go hurricanes!

interesting clash this one. both teams coming off a loss and a few changes for both teams. I think this will be quite high-scoring as both teams have backs that love to run and score tries. I will back the chiefs to win at home by 7 points

I fully agree with a Paku, Jane, Smith back three...
Jane is a fantastic winger... Paku when on form is great as well. Smith is too good to leave out as well. Hosea Gear has potential, but he doesn't fire as much consistently (when he plays <_< )

Half-Time 19-15 Canes

Chiefs must have butchered at least 3 tries in the first half and have given away(softly) just as many.

Still confident the Cheifs can pull out the win, they do look alot more dangerous than the Canes.

26-18 Canes

Can someone please teach the Cheifs how to tackle, Anesi in particular.

chiefs 32 29 canes

32 all fark im nervous. :(

Ive got 120 riding on this GO YOU CHIEFS! :)

:angry: WTF where they doing?!.I personally want to shoot whoever did that i was going to win $120 bucks. :wall:

Fulltime at Hamilton.

Hurricanes 39 (Matthewson, Lilo, Nonu, Umaga, ***o tries; Gopperth 3 cons, 2 pens) Chiefs 32 (Leonard, Messam, Kinikinilau, Willis tries; Donald 3 cons, 2 pens)

what a crazy game!!!....

world....masaga and smith...smith and masaga..this is the world...
now entertain them!!!

oh yeh and on that similar note...hosea gear > rico gear!!!..hosea is a MONSTER!!!..hes faster than his older brother too..looks a lot stronger

Stink.

Not a good effort really from the Chiefs, again poor positional play...
Got to admit Hosea looks like a giant, 2nd game he's pushed through the first line of defence... great effort.

really enjoyed watching this game...loads of tries...bonus points for both teams. david smith needs to be starting i reckon. ma'a nonu doesnt seem to be in form at the moment. lelia masaga and david smith looked pretty even...smith possibly has a broader skill set

hey! dont forget about hosea gear..his brother was a late bloomer in the test level frame..his brother fits that mold too..plus hes stronger and faster..but has a worse case of the "dropsies" as his brother hahaha..

EVERYONE SEE UMAGA'Z STEP??..poor anesi..no all blacks for you

Latest posts