• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 3: Team of the Week

gingergenius

First XV
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Saracens
So we've seen a spirited but still unsuccessful performance from Italy against a stuttering Wales; a hugely intense game between England and France, and another example of Ireland trying their best not to win against a poor Scotland team. But who's in the team of the week?

for me:

1. Corbisiero
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Deacon
5. Palmer
6. Haskell
7. Wood
8. Parisse
9. Semenzato
10. O'Gara
11. Williams
12. Lamont
13. O'Driscoll
14. Stoddart
15. Foden

All in all - outside backs were difficult, because nobody really stuck their hands up. I've picked players who did some good things, and I've picked BOD because it's him and I don't agree with other England fans that Tindall was any good at all. His floaty passing butchers about 5 overlaps per game.

Forwards - dominated by Englishmen because the English pack *****ed their French rivals in every department on Saturday. Parisse gets in because almost everything he did against Wales was a significant cut above anyone else on the pitch in terms of class. Certainly the leading 8 in Europe at the moment, if not the world.

P-R puts Tindall in n.13 Jersey.

:mellow:

I've seen only England vs. France and Italy vs. Wales, but I think all the other outside centres were better than Tindall.
Canale, Hook and Rougerie too!

Bowe over Stoddart, Gray over one of Deacon/Palmer and I'd agree with that
BOD didnt have his best game, it's a tossup between him and Tindall for me

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

1. Corbisiero
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Gray
5. Palmer
6. O'Brien
7. Wood
8. Parisse
9. Nobody
10. O'Gara
11. Williams
12. Lamont
13. Rougerie
14. Evans or Earls (thought he had a cracker)
15. Foden or Lee Byrne....close call.

Agreed Earls probably had his best game in an Irish shirt and seems to be at his happiest in a green shirt on the wing. Made a great catch at 1 stage too

Latest posts